VRS 3" fox body tailpipes - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > Group Purchases

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #1

Trader Feedback: (3)

VRS 3" fox body tailpipes

I've been talking with Miguel over at VRS exhaust about a set of 3" tailpipes for my '92 coupe. I mentioned the pros/cons of the Flowmaster tailpipe design and was told if I could get a group buy of at least 10 sets they would make them. So essentially they will be a full 3" mandrel bent tailpipe with the needed clearance for larger tires but with the hideous weld hidden from sight. I'm new to this "group buy" thing so I'm not sure how this all works but if any of you can enlighten me that would be great. Anyone interested?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #2

What are exactly the "pros/cons" of the flowmaster design?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-01-2011, 06:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastsvo View Post
What are exactly the "pros/cons" of the flowmaster design?
Well a lot of people including myself do not like the weld on the tip which isn't back behind the tire like a typical 2.5" LX tailpipe, it just looks unfinished IMO. The pros are the way they are routed under the corners of the fuel tank to allow for larger tires.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #4

Trader Feedback: (36)

what's the price gonna be? i run bassani, but don't have the room the flowmaster style offers.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxrodsinc View Post
what's the price gonna be? i run bassani, but don't have the room the flowmaster style offers.
I was quoted $260 + $25 shipping but that may change the more orders we can get. So basically the same as Flowmaster but these will be completely stainless.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:24 PM   #6

Trader Feedback: (36)

i'd be in.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:06 AM   #7

Trader Feedback: (11)

I might be in if i can get some pics
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-04-2011, 12:36 AM   #8

Trader Feedback: (1)

+1 may be interested after pics
Old 12-04-2011, 01:48 AM   #9

Trader Feedback: (4)

Count me in
Old 12-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #10

I can't provide pics because they will be custom made. They will be virtually identical to the 3" flowmaster tailpipes but the polished portion will extended underneath the car like a typical 2.5" pipe so it will look MUCH cleaner without the ugly weld in plain site. If you guys have any questions I'm sure Miguel at VRS can help out.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #11

What tips are gonna be on these. flowmaster?
Old 12-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchezj360 View Post
What tips are gonna be on these. flowmaster?
None of the Flowmaster parts will be used. They'll replicate the design of the Flowmaster but will be made using VRS exhaust's own material as well as being completely stainless.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #13

Trader Feedback: (6)

count me in!
Old 12-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #14

Do you know what tips are going to used. Im pretty sure ill be in i need to run a 3 to the for a 347 im building.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Do you know what tips are going to used. Im pretty sure ill be in i need to run a 3 to the for a 347 im building.
I need to talk with Miguel again but we're shooting for a polished, angle cut tip just like a traditional LX pipe.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:42 AM   #16

Trader Feedback: (49)

I would be in for 2 sets. Full 3" right?
Alex
Old 12-09-2011, 07:57 AM   #17

Trader Feedback: (7)

This is from muffler back?
Old 12-09-2011, 09:46 AM   #18

Yes to both of you.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #19

If anyone wants to confirm any of this or talk about placing orders you can contact VRS Exhaust and reference my name, Dominic. Here's their email, villar1@aol.com
Old 12-13-2011, 02:04 AM   #20

Any build dates on this. Not that i need it right away just wondering when i should have the money by.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:03 AM   #21

Quote:
Any build dates on this. Not that i need it right away just wondering when i should have the money by.
Hard to say, looks like we have about 7 or 8 sets possibly sold so as soon as there are 10 sold they should start building. I'm hoping sometime in January.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:41 AM   #22

Trader Feedback: (0)

What part of the Flowmaster exhuast pipes are hitting the tires?

If you're looking for Stainless Steel mufflers to weld to your new pipes we are coming out with new 409S Stainless Steel Outlaw mufflers and we've been making most of the chambered Flowmasters in 409S too.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:04 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowman View Post
What part of the Flowmaster exhuast pipes are hitting the tires?

If you're looking for Stainless Steel mufflers to weld to your new pipes we are coming out with new 409S Stainless Steel Outlaw mufflers and we've been making most of the chambered Flowmasters in 409S too.

The traditional 2.5" pipe starts to make contact with wide tires where it passes between the tire and the fuel tank. The 3" tailpipe is routed underneath the corners of the fuel tank giving a ton of needed clearance which is great but the problem that remains IMO is when you look at the side of the tailpipe you see the weld where the pipe transitions from aluminized to stainless. I really would like to see the stainless portion extend back behind the tire to give it a cleaner look.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #24

Trader Feedback: (10)

That would be nice. That is the one thing I don't like about my flowmasters is where they put the weld for the stainless portion. Dumb design.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:46 PM   #25

C'mon boys, we get 2-3 more and we can get these things made!
Old 12-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #26

FOX ROD, the thing to do is assemble a preorder list and post it on this thread like I did with the 5-lug 93 cobra rep's. That way we all know, who, and when the orders were placed. Below is how the list should look, I will erase it when you reply to this thread, copy and paste all the info and list the specs of the orders. I think this might end up like the 93 cobra reps, and ongoing and continuous ordering of parts for a certain number of preorders. I suggest organizing a pre order form as well as people have a way of backing out when the merch comes in. You can use my #3 preorder list as an example as it has taken 2 preorder lists to get to this point.

Last edited by Alexandros; 12-22-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:09 PM   #27

3 Pre-Order List

#1 Alexandros----------------------------------------------------12/1/2010
#2 Alexandros----------------------------------------------------12/1/2010
#3 Alexandros----------------------------------------------------12/1/2010
#4 Alexandros----------------------------------------------------12/1/2010
#5 Alexandros----------------------------------------------------12/1/2010
#6 Quic92--------------------------------------------------------3/28/2011
#7 Mark93--------------------------------------------------------4/2/2011
#8 93vnm--------------------------------------------------------4/13/2011
#9 93vnm--------------------------------------------------------4/13/2011
#10 TRM8ER------------------------------------------------------4/12/2011

Pre-order form link:
www.wheelreplicas.com/CREDITCARDDEPOSIT.doc

In order to be added to the pre-order list you must first fax in the above listed form. After doing so post up or pm me the date in which you faxed the form. Please put your screen name on the form as well as not to cause any confusion for those of us whom use nic's. You will not be charged, ($50/set) until the order arrive's. Then you are responsible for the remainder upon contacting wheelreplicas. Once we have reached 32 order's, the order will be placed. This order, as the previous two will be satin finish 17" X 8.5" 6" backspacing, 5 lug and a centerbore to accomodate the 93 rotor aka lincoln rotor.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #28
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (40)

just saw this! I would be interested, any way to get a 10* angle cut or straight cut instead of the 45* cut on the tips?
'88 K5 Blazer, 7" lift, D60/D70HD, hydro-assist steering, 42" iroks on H1 beadlocks
Old 12-29-2011, 12:59 PM   #29

Trader Feedback: (31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notchthis View Post
just saw this! I would be interested, any way to get a 10* angle cut or straight cut instead of the 45* cut on the tips?
id like a set with a 20* angle cut, just like the magnaflow tips.
or even better, leave the ends blank, i will cut them off and put my own tips on.
95 GT 5.0 TW heads, Freezy 74 custom cam,S-trim,2.95 pulley,custom built intercooler,2.5 in and out running all on passenger side.65LB inj,BBK long tubes,O/R X pipe,mac flowpath,75mmtb.Tweecer R/T Dual Tuned92 octane/E-85 522rwhp on corn 10psi
Old 12-29-2011, 02:51 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupthefish View Post
id like a set with a 20* angle cut, just like the magnaflow tips.
or even better, leave the ends blank, i will cut them off and put my own tips on.
Just got off the phone with miguel (sp) @ VRS.
He said he was waiting on the group buy to get going. I told him i wanted the same 3" as the ones you guys are getting, except, i want mine aluminized, and with no tips, as i plan on using the magnaflow 15* style. he said that was fine with him, and the set i wanted would be cheaper. so count me in!!!
95 GT 5.0 TW heads, Freezy 74 custom cam,S-trim,2.95 pulley,custom built intercooler,2.5 in and out running all on passenger side.65LB inj,BBK long tubes,O/R X pipe,mac flowpath,75mmtb.Tweecer R/T Dual Tuned92 octane/E-85 522rwhp on corn 10psi
Old 12-31-2011, 01:56 PM   #31
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (0)

Question "stock" routing?

I'm curious if these will clear a MM panhard bar. If so do you have any pics?
1991 Mustang GT: FordStrokers 347, Jay Allen cam, 42#, TFS Heads, GT40, BBK 75mm TB/EGR spacer, 90mm LMAF, T-56, Full MM suspension, SVO brakes, NRC Disc conv., Vortech V3, Kurgan Tune & Meth: 492.4 rwhp/483.1 rwtq @ 12psi
, Phantom II gauges in MC Machine Dash.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #32

I'm going to contact Miguel this week and see if we can get the ball rolling on this.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #33

Trader Feedback: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAP66 View Post
I'm curious if these will clear a MM panhard bar. If so do you have any pics?
x2
88 lx hatch,ported track heat heads,f-cam,ported stealth intake,150 shot,6al,holley carb,3:55 gears,x-pipe,flowmaster catback,aje kmember,mm control arms,c.c.plates,torque arm,panhard,full subframes,tko trans,tri-ax shifter,ceramic shortys,sumped tank,tru-trac diff,lots of other crap i cant remember
Old 01-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX ROD View Post
I'm going to contact Miguel this week and see if we can get the ball rolling on this.
keep us all posted.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #35

Trader Feedback: (9)

I'd be interested....Put me down for a set....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement