Are E3 Plugs really worth it?? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > Green-Rodding

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (1)

Are E3 Plugs really worth it??

Did anyone try these out yets with any results?
Or is it too good to be true?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2009, 11:18 AM   #2

I installed a set in my wifes Mazda 6 and her mpg went from between 22.5-23.5 to 25-26 on every tank since then. She had the factory platinums that still looked good, so were happy with them. Wish they'd make them for the 05 up cars.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-11-2009, 02:39 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (0)

but not for a ford.

just as a 40 mpg or even the so called 11mpg mustang..

it is all a pile of lies.....
there aint no shortcuts to doing it RIGHT....
Old 11-01-2009, 10:16 PM   #4

Really like the post...love it....
Old 11-15-2009, 06:29 PM   #5

I have a stock 95 gt 5.0. I put the e3 plugs in. The car missed fired and even through an engine check light on. Car was running fine before. Not worth the money. I will not ever use these plugs or recommend them. They may work on an older carb setup like there web video.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #6

wow thats not good. ive never had any experience with e3 plugs, but i can say the bosch platinum 2 are nice. i just put them in a few weeks ago to replace some fouled motorcrafts and ive been pleased. BTW the stig is the man!
Old 11-18-2009, 01:14 AM   #7

Put them in my 02 Silverado z-71 and went from 16.5-17.5 to 15-15.5 mpg. They are coming back out this weekend.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:51 AM   #8

Trader Feedback: (17)

meh, side gapped denso iridiums in the camaro, autolites in the jeep and side gapped autolites will be in the mustang when its done

as most, bosche plugs are complete ####, depends somewhat on what you put them in but generally ####... wondering if some of the e3 issues are due to old wires being used?
Old 11-29-2009, 03:56 PM   #9

Could be, theya rent like regular spark plugs, they arent like Bosch 4's either. I'd say picking from E3's or Bosch 2-4's I'd pick the upper. Those Bosch don't discarge from every prong, just one out of the 2-4. I wouldn't run them on a low reving engine, judging by the responses, they are obviously a real hot plug. although they have them for just about every car, they are probably a tad hotter than OEM and other replacements. High reving engines should like them.

Last edited by Jax Rhapsody; 11-29-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:24 AM   #10

I have them in my 92 GT and I love them
2010 GT AUTO ???
Old 04-20-2011, 01:52 PM   #11

Trader Feedback: (17)

NGK V-power...nuff said....e-3 = smoke and mirrors......you cant reinvent the wheel any platinum for performance is not optimal, the iridiums are sweet but $6-$15 a plug ...
Old 04-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #12

I run the v-power as well. Copper spark FTW. Sure it does not last as long but at $2 a plug who cares. Plus boosted apps hate hot sparks.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #13

to update and correct my previous post. That boschs are turds, they were fine for a few months but then started running like hell when I pulled them one of the straps on everyone was trashed, went the some motorcraft platinums and haven't had a problem since. I wouldn't recommend anything with more than one prong for the 2V motors
Old 06-02-2011, 11:00 PM   #14

Hey guys!

I joined this forums years ago but i've never posted anything, I figure it's time to break my silence.

I'm running the E3 plugs in my 87 GT and love them. The throttle is a bit more responsive, and the mileage improved about 1-2 mpg.

I'm actually on my second set. My car developed a real bad stutter/hesitation about a month or so ago. It turned out the MAP sensor kicked the bucket. At the same time, I replaced my first set of E3s. After one year and about 15,000+, the gap had not changed and the electrode was not noticeably worn. I could have cleaned them and put them right back in, but I opted to put new E3's in.

They work great for me.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:08 AM   #15

Trader Feedback: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87ttop_stang View Post
Hey guys!

I joined this forums years ago but i've never posted anything, I figure it's time to break my silence.

I'm running the E3 plugs in my 87 GT and love them. The throttle is a bit more responsive, and the mileage improved about 1-2 mpg.

I'm actually on my second set. My car developed a real bad stutter/hesitation about a month or so ago. It turned out the MAP sensor kicked the bucket. At the same time, I replaced my first set of E3s. After one year and about 15,000+, the gap had not changed and the electrode was not noticeably worn. I could have cleaned them and put them right back in, but I opted to put new E3's in.

They work great for me.
What's your actual MPG? what mods have you done to car? what's your timing set at?
Old 06-05-2011, 08:56 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarleyCarley View Post
What's your actual MPG? what mods have you done to car? what's your timing set at?
I do about 70-80% Highway driving daily (with tons of stop & go) and average between 20-23 mpg.

During a road trip to Minnesota last summer, I got upwards of 26 mpg, and that was while doing 65-80mph on a moderately hilly route with the tops out and loaded with a week's worth of luggage.

My timing is bumped to *14 and I run premium.

Mods:
- MAC fenderwell CAI
- Professional Products 70MM Throttle body & EGR Spacer
- MSD Digital 6 Ignition and Blaster TFI Coil
- Dyna-module distributor module
- 9MM Ford Racing Wires and E3.42 plugs
- BBK shorties, Bassani catted-X, Delta 40s w/tails
- Flex-a-lite Black Magic radiator fan
- March Pulleys
- Ford racing 3.73
- MM Full length sfc, K-member & Strut tower braces
- Nitrogen in the tires* (Made a big difference)
Old 08-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #17

ive never tried the e3's in my car, but great for mowers, and bosch is what i run in the 90 stang platinums, tryed the 4's once for about a week and put the singles back in. ive never had a problem with them!!
Old 08-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #18

Trader Feedback: (16)

My brother tried one in his YZ125. At about 8000 rpm about 3.5 miles back in the woods from the cabin, the ground strap came off and wreaked havoc on the piston. He was more pissed about pushing the bike 3.5 miles, through the woods, than the $75 it cost for a new piston and ring.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #19

Trader Feedback: (6)

Thumbs up

I've recently put E3.40's in my boat. It's got a 1986 carb'd 4.3L V6 Mercuiser and has never idled or rev'd so smoothly.

Girlfriends old 1999 Honda Prelude also ran like a champ with the E3's, but I didn't notice any difference in my lawn mower

I may try them in my Stang after my current NGK-FR5's need changing, but I'll have to find out which of the two in their cross reference would be best for my TW heads (E3.48 or E3.64) first.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #20

Trader Feedback: (12)

I have E3.70's in my 06 truck. only reason is because they were the cheapest single piece plug available ($100 for 8 vs $200 for 8). I broke 6 of 8 of the original 2 piece plugs taking them out and vowed never to deal with that again so one piece it was.

had them in for 5k miles now and same mileage as before. I'm fine with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement