SN95 Spindles On A Fox Body - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > General Mustang Tech

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2007, 04:59 AM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

SN95 Spindles On A Fox Body

I have read almost every thread in hear about the SN95 spindle swap. But no one mentioned the purpose of it.
What is the purpose of running SN95 spindles on a fox?
Also do you have to use 95 struts?
Does it change the position of the front wheel?

Last edited by notlekdyob; 09-14-2007 at 08:28 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2007, 05:26 AM   #2

Trader Feedback: (35)

How else would you run sn-95 brakes
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:32 AM   #3

Sealed front bearings and brakes
Old 09-14-2007, 07:59 AM   #4

Trader Feedback: (15)

Not to mention allowing you to run the '94+ wheels with the 5 lug bolt pattern.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:25 AM   #5

here we go again. People just typing stupid comments. I am seriously thinking of doing this and was just currious. Is the tire in the same place in relation to the fender as the the fox spindle. Oh well serious people only type comments.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:42 AM   #6

Trader Feedback: (3)

I installed the SN95 spindles years ago. It didn't change the front to rear placement of the tire within the wheel well as far a can tell. The benefits are the five lugs, sealed bearings, brake upgrades and easier rotor changes, available wheel selection, and better steering angles. The stock Fox body strut will work. You'll need washers or a spacer at the ball joint for securing the spindle to the control arm. You'll also need an alignment.

http://mustangpartstech.com
Old 09-14-2007, 09:27 AM   #7

Trader Feedback: (24)

If you had "read" most of the posts on this issue, then you should have been able to answer your own questions. Your response to those who were, IMHO, gentle on you was uncalled for and completely inappropriate. With that said, you should "know" that the 94/95 spindle will not change the front track much if at all, but that the 96+ spindle will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richs347 View Post
I installed the SN95 spindles years ago. It didn't change the front to rear placement of the tire within the wheel well as far a can tell. The benefits are the five lugs, sealed bearings, brake upgrades and easier rotor changes, available wheel selection, and better steering angles. The stock Fox body strut will work. You'll need washers or a spacer at the ball joint for securing the spindle to the control arm. You'll also need an alignment.
Rich - two thumbs up and +2 on your post.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:38 AM   #8

Trader Feedback: (5)

5Lug-Huge wheel choices, better braking options - 94-95GT/V6 (single piston caliper)[99-04 GT dual piston caliper) Disk bigger than fox, Cobra (dual piston caliper)bigger than 94-95 GT/V6. 00R brembo, same rotor as cobra buy 4 piston caliper.
Rearend IRS capable from 03/04 cobra.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:26 AM   #9
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notlekdyob View Post
here we go again. People just typing stupid comments. I am seriously thinking of doing this and was just currious. Is the tire in the same place in relation to the fender as the the fox spindle. Oh well serious people only type comments.
Drop the attitude because it already blinded you to the obvious and true answers to your original question, which is WHY you would want to do this, and that's brakes and wheel fitment and a better bearing platform. While you're at it you can quit blowing smoke about how you've "read almost every thread in 'hear'" about this.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:54 AM   #10

Calm down with the negative comment. I was just asking. I am not new to the mustang world. I have bought one every 5 years since 1985. I still have them all. I am trying to get some ideas for my 90 coupe.

I will never start a post here again

I just forgot to take my medication today
Old 09-14-2007, 11:04 AM   #11

Quote:
Calm down with the negative comment. I was just asking. I am not new to the mustang world. I have bought one every 5 years since 1985. I still have them all. I am trying to get some ideas for my 90 coupe.

I will never start a post here again

I just forgot to take my medication today
Thats a moderator that is very fair giving you that advice. Sounds like your gods gift to a foxbody and know everything to know. Obviously we are not worthy of your vast experience and wealth. You have a corvette atitude with a ford fairmont bank account. How can you own an '85, 90, 95, 2000, 2005 and not know the benefits of upgrading a 90 to a 1995 brakes. I hate people who ask for help, but don't want it and all they do is complain when they get it.

So you don't want to post here anymore, well I can guaranttee its a mutual thing.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:16 AM   #12

Quote:
stupid questions get stupid answers... simple as that

If you actually read the threads like you claimed you did then you would know the answers..

There is TWO stickies at the top of the forum, READ them and dont just scan through them and hope someone will hand you everything on a platter.

This forum is cluster####ed with the same posts over and over and over again, people get tired of answering the same questions so you get smart ass answers.

Try participating in the forum and not just come here the 140 times over the last 3 years you needed help and people might be more apt to help you.

GL with your project.

Rich
Old 09-14-2007, 10:20 PM   #13

Trader Feedback: (1)

Do you want to know why we put bigger motors in them as well, since you are asking dumb questions.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:05 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Gill View Post
stupid questions get stupid answers... simple as that

If you actually read the threads like you claimed you did then you would know the answers..

There is TWO stickies at the top of the forum, READ them and dont just scan through them and hope someone will hand you everything on a platter.

This forum is cluster####ed with the same posts over and over and over again, people get tired of answering the same questions so you get smart ass answers.

Try participating in the forum and not just come here the 140 times over the last 3 years you needed help and people might be more apt to help you.

GL with your project.

Rich

That 140 number is the number of post I have replyied to. I come here 2 - 3 times a day to laugh at some of the stuff that is posted here. I been coming here since 1998 but I forgot the password to my other account. I may not have the fastet stang in here but guarantee 2 pink slips that I am in the top 50 and I know I...never mind. I am too old for this ####e... this is my last post for a while. Too many young bucks in here hiding behind their computer. later all

Last edited by notlekdyob; 09-15-2007 at 09:08 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-15-2007, 12:05 PM   #15

Garage
He is lucky to have gotten an answer at all.

I personally don't usually read threads like this that have been posted over and over and over again. Especially since there is a sticky on it !!!!! sooner or later the poster would use the search.

I just had to see why there were 14 responses on a subject that has been covered sooooooo many times.

And to top it all off the OP was ungrateful for the info he was provided. He never even said Thank you.

Quote:
I have read almost every thread in hear about the SN95 spindle swap. But no one mentioned the purpose of it.
What is the purpose of running SN95 spindles on a fox?
Also do you have to use 95 struts?
Does it change the position of the front wheel?
were you really serious w/ those questions?
because they were all answered and then you complained.

Xbox Live = TwoRockTwo
Old 09-15-2007, 09:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYBRED View Post
He is lucky to have gotten an answer at all.

I personally don't usually read threads like this that have been posted over and over and over again. Especially since there is a sticky on it !!!!! sooner or later the poster would use the search.

I just had to see why there were 14 responses on a subject that has been covered sooooooo many times.

And to top it all off the OP was ungrateful for the info he was provided. He never even said Thank you.

were you really serious w/ those questions?
because they were all answered and then you complained.

Sounds like hes an old fart to me, you know how us young bucks hate old farts
Old 09-16-2007, 10:56 AM   #17

Trader Feedback: (2)

Quote:
That 140 number is the number of post I have replyied to. I come here 2 - 3 times a day to laugh at some of the stuff that is posted here. I been coming here since 1998 but I forgot the password to my other account. I may not have the fastet stang in here but guarantee 2 pink slips that I am in the top 50 and I know I...never mind. I am too old for this ####e... this is my last post for a while. Too many young bucks in here hiding behind their computer. later all

I take it you dont work on this "fast" stang?

All that knowledge to make that fast of a car and you dont know the benifits of a sn95 spindle.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #18

i swapped because i wanted 5 lug, center caps, and bigger brakes. im not much help on the wheel location. the 94/95 spindles keep the wheels in the same place front to rear, but may push the wheel out a tiny bit.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:00 PM   #19

So in your guys opinions are the 94-95 spindles better than the 96 spindles?also are they the same for a v6-v8 car?
Old 09-17-2007, 01:20 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gtconvert View Post
So in your guys opinions are the 94-95 spindles better than the 96 spindles?also are they the same for a v6-v8 car?

You can find all this info in the Stickies at the top of the Page or even by Searching the Forums. They are the same Spindles in the V6, V8, and Cobra, 94-95 will widen your Track Slightly and the 96-04s will add another 8mm in width to each side.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:27 AM   #21

He states he is one of the top 50 fastest, Guess he is too old to work a video camera to post a vid of his latest dyno or drag run. Old people don't like those hi tech picture machines.

(I'm not cracking on old people, I am 42 and pretty long in the tooth.)

Last edited by carrew; 09-17-2007 at 09:29 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:58 AM   #22

its becase after 300hp you need to have 5 lug nuts or your weelz will fallz off
Old 09-17-2007, 02:00 PM   #23

the 96+ ones are the same, but they push the wheels out, making the track width wider, this limits your wheel choice depending on the backspace and offset of the wheels.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:43 PM   #24

Trader Feedback: (19)

94/5 spindles keep the stock track but they require modification to fit 99 up pbr brakes and cobra brakes,they also have a striaght steering arm which is suposedly as good as the curved arm on the 96-98. The 96-98 are a good choice if running no wider than 8 inch wheels(i run 9's and it's tight) the push each wheel out i believe 8mm(5/16 of an inch) They also may create a bad bump steer situation which can't be easily fixed.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:06 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbody302 View Post
94/5 spindles keep the stock track but they require modification to fit 99 up pbr brakes and cobra brakes,they also have a striaght steering arm which is suposedly as good as the curved arm on the 96-98. The 96-98 are a good choice if running no wider than 8 inch wheels(i run 9's and it's tight) the push each wheel out i believe 8mm(5/16 of an inch) They also may create a bad bump steer situation which can't be easily fixed.
Someone had the Blueprints for the Spindles up a while back, the 94-95 Spindles increase your Track width by about 5mm per side, the 96-04s add another 8mm per side, so they are about 13mm wider per side over Stock. And it is the 96-04 that are suppose to reduce any Bumpsteer issues.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:30 AM   #26

posted by foxbody302,
Quote:
94/5 spindles keep the stock track but they require modification to fit 99 up pbr brakes and cobra brakes...
Can anyone confirm this? I'm about to start my swap and I've got Cobra brakes. I was under the impression that I wouldn't have any problems using 94/95 spindles and 2003 Cobra brakes with my new 1999 polished Cobra rims (17X8) .

'02 WS-6 Trans Am

'80 Z28, 406SBC, World Sportsman heads, Comp Cam, Speed Pro forged pistons, Weiand Team G, MSD Digital 6, Hedman headers, Richmond Gear 6-sp, 3" exhaust, PST polygraphite front suspension, Moog coils, Edelbrock IAS shocks
Old 09-19-2007, 10:53 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyUAL91GT View Post
posted by foxbody302,

Can anyone confirm this? I'm about to start my swap and I've got Cobra brakes. I was under the impression that I wouldn't have any problems using 94/95 spindles and 2003 Cobra brakes with my new 1999 polished Cobra rims (17X8) .

like that?
95 spindles W/ cobra brakes and your wheels
Old 09-19-2007, 12:03 PM   #28

Thanks, onesillynotch ! That picture answered my question!

'02 WS-6 Trans Am

'80 Z28, 406SBC, World Sportsman heads, Comp Cam, Speed Pro forged pistons, Weiand Team G, MSD Digital 6, Hedman headers, Richmond Gear 6-sp, 3" exhaust, PST polygraphite front suspension, Moog coils, Edelbrock IAS shocks
Old 09-19-2007, 01:07 PM   #29

I have 99 spindles, the 04 brakes (which have no effect on width or anything), 8.5" wide wheels its under the fender.

Just got to know your backspacing.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:24 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyUAL91GT View Post
posted by foxbody302,

If you run regular 99-04 PBR Calipers then you have to do some minor grinding on the 94/95 Spindles, but if you use Cobra, Mach1, or Bullitt Calipers then they will bolt right up.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:35 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrew View Post
I have 99 spindles, the 04 brakes (which have no effect on width or anything), 8.5" wide wheels its under the fender.

Just got to know your backspacing.
whats your backspace, and wheel/tire setup if you dont mind?

getting 94/95 spindles is alot more pricey these days, but i can get 96-04 spindles, with hubs for 35 bux a side.... about 125 a side for 94/5.

my 89 uses 94 spindles, 13" cobra set with no issues, my 91 im am planning on swappin to the 96+ spindles, and would LIKE to use an oem 17" wheel.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:43 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmatt View Post
whats your backspace, and wheel/tire setup if you dont mind?

getting 94/95 spindles is alot more pricey these days, but i can get 96-04 spindles, with hubs for 35 bux a side.... about 125 a side for 94/5.

my 89 uses 94 spindles, 13" cobra set with no issues, my 91 im am planning on swappin to the 96+ spindles, and would LIKE to use an oem 17" wheel.

With OEM SN95 Wheels it will stick out a bit, S197 Wheels would be a better choice with that set up as they have Deeper Backspacing which would make up for the Increase in Track Width.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:30 AM   #33

SN95 spindles

I'm running the 2300k brake kit and my wheels are 17 x 8.5 with a 6.5 backspace and i had to put a 1 inch spacer on the front. The rears fit perfect. Oh and by the way the tires are 235/45ZR17. I did have 245's on there at 1 point but got a good deal on the 235's. I don't know how to load the pics on this site. So i will send you pics if you want. just email me

Last edited by 50gtconvertible; 09-22-2007 at 03:35 AM. Reason: wrote wrong number in tire size
Old 02-27-2008, 07:11 PM   #34

Trader Feedback: (27)

anyone know the desired spec for alignment after
fox gets 94-95 spindles?

I heard once before the spec should be close to a 93 Cobra

post if you know ballpark
www.stangracingproductions.com
Old 02-28-2008, 12:21 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getnmyfivoh View Post
anyone know the desired spec for alignment after
fox gets 94-95 spindles?

I heard once before the spec should be close to a 93 Cobra

post if you know ballpark
93 Cobra has the same front end parts that a 5.0 LX or GT has, so I'm not sure why the aligment spec would be different?
If your just street driving, I would go with 3/4 to 1 degree negative camber.
As much positive caster as you can get.
1/16" toe in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement