Engine bay detailing Pics ! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > General Mustang Tech

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2005, 02:26 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (16)

Engine bay detailing Pics !

I guess this is general tech. i started to clean up the engine bay. hid all the wires i could and sanded/primed/painted the bay gloss black. let me know what you guys think!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Fox 8:50
"And the dynos rumbled, and God spoke 'Take thine five liter v8, install it upon thine car, and pwn the many ricers!' And thus Mustang, son-of-Ford, began to dominate the world 4 cylinder powered imports. And God looked down upon it and saw it was all that and a bag of chips
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2005, 02:59 PM   #2
Banned

Trader Feedback: (1)

need a before pic
Charged up is banned  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-20-2005, 04:25 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (0)

wow... i need to do this... looks good man
Old 08-20-2005, 05:12 PM   #4

Building myself a 331 and will hopefully have at the engine bay with some stock paint, and possibily a kmember otherwise i will paint the stock kmember. How long did this take stangmaster? what was the hardest part? I am pretty much going to be winging my entire project my engine help is a chevy guy so he's not much help(no offense just diff. sys.) I read and buy more than I build is that the way it should be? Looks good later StangMaster.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:30 PM   #5
MFE
Super Moderator

Trader Feedback: (9)

Looks good...now either armor-all or remove that distributor cover
Old 08-20-2005, 10:16 PM   #6

Trader Feedback: (13)

you might want to remove that radiator hose. other than that it looks good.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:33 PM   #7

why would i want to remove the rad hose?. MFE im gona armor all that thing tommorow when i get some. It didnt take to long really, most of the wiring is long enough. i had to extend wires to the starter solonoid and to the MAF. while i was in the fenders i allso took out 12 pounds so that is a plus. I got rid of a bunch of spare wires all the air bag equipment the smog junk. the 2 vacuum balls in the passenger side, and all the tab +tad junk over there. i moved the egr vacuum solonoid inside the fender as well. the wire hiding took 6 hours. the washing and painting took another 7. all in all not bad. i ordered a bunch of polished stainless like the firewall panel, rad cover and core suport, power steering bracket cover and new polished alternator and tensioner. when i get that stuff i'll get more pics up.
"And the dynos rumbled, and God spoke 'Take thine five liter v8, install it upon thine car, and pwn the many ricers!' And thus Mustang, son-of-Ford, began to dominate the world 4 cylinder powered imports. And God looked down upon it and saw it was all that and a bag of chips
Old 08-21-2005, 12:29 PM   #8

because its ugly as hell.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:31 PM   #9

braided stainless is ugly now?......damn i better go tell all the race cars to get rid of it then. I guess thats your opinion but braided SS is very timeless in my opinion and can work well with most cars.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:21 PM   #10

yes it is, atleast the one that you have anyway.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:43 PM   #11

well slo what do you think would look better. stock? or the chrome hard pipe kit with the silicone ends? im just wondering since my SS is SO ugly
Old 08-21-2005, 02:50 PM   #12

Trader Feedback: (6)

I think the stock one looks the best myself
1989 GT 5.0/T5
Old 08-21-2005, 03:10 PM   #13

Trader Feedback: (43)

It really does stand out alot, the radiator hose. Maybe something else would look better but its your car, so **** em lol
Old 08-21-2005, 03:24 PM   #14

Trader Feedback: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewhite88pony
It really does stand out alot, the radiator hose. Maybe something else would look better but its your car, so **** em lol
I agree w/ both statements. I'm not fond of it, but if you are, go with it .
Cobra Brakes Wrapped Around BBS's
Old 08-21-2005, 03:31 PM   #15
MFE
Super Moderator

Part of the problem with that stainless "hose", actually the aftermarket version that's just a sleeve that goes over the regular hose, is they look their best for about 4 days, then it's downhill into dingy dull frayedness.

I like the stock one

Last edited by MFE; 02-07-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:47 PM   #16

Trader Feedback: (12)

I like stock or the chrome hardpipes. For that matter, actual braided AN lines look awesome too. I agree with the gang about the fake braided stuff.... it's hard on the ol' eyeballs.
1984 Oxford White Mustang LX
Old 08-21-2005, 04:25 PM   #17

well its what i got for now. I didnt do a hack job putting it on tehre so it doesnt look like hell. the car gets driven about 1000 miles a year so im not worried about it fading out. when the lower hose go's south then im gona get a hard pipe kit for it anyway. i figured that the SS would look better than a beat up factory hose.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:25 PM   #18

dude i'm not trying to be a dick, i said that it looks good. i just don't like that hose. it looks like something from the chevy engine dress up kits that they sell at autozone. like it was stated above, there are so many other options for hoses that it shouldn't be hard to find something better. if you like it keep it, i was just saying that i don't.

Last edited by slo88notch; 08-21-2005 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:36 PM   #19

Trader Feedback: (20)

Stangmaster, do you think you could stand back a little further next time you take those pics? Maybe outer space? (: Just kidding man. But I am serious when I say that I cannot see any detail to your work.

Here is mine before the 5-lug conversion...
Old 08-21-2005, 07:12 PM   #20

Trader Feedback: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangmaster
well slo what do you think would look better. stock? or the chrome hard pipe kit with the silicone ends? im just wondering since my SS is SO ugly
I have to agree that the SS is ugly. I would put the chrome hard pipe with silicone ends but thats just my opinion.

347 stroker, victor efi intake, victor jr. heads, comp cam, 90mm lmaf, 75mm tb, 42lb inj, 255lph pump, AOD, 3.73's, 1 5/8" shorty headers, & 2 1/2" off road exhaust
Old 08-21-2005, 10:14 PM   #21
MFE
Super Moderator

You guys need to flush your brake fluid LOL
Old 08-21-2005, 10:33 PM   #22

Trader Feedback: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFE
Haha, that was done with the 5 lug converison. I wouldn;t be suprised if it was stock 93 fluid.
Right now, I have some of the cleanest DOT 4 in there that you can imagine ;-)
Old 08-21-2005, 10:40 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFE
I flushed my girlfriends brake fluid and a week later was under the hood and the resevior thing looked black just like in those pics, but when I lifted the cap it was clean as brand new.

I have a similar problem with my overflow bottle on my car, it looks dirty as hell but the fluid is clean and clear on the inside, how do you clean that crappy plastic up to look new again?
1989 GT 5.0/T5
Old 08-21-2005, 10:58 PM   #24

Trader Feedback: (110)

Im not really fond of the stainless look on the hoses myself but if you like it, thats all that matters.Oppinions are like as$holes, everybodys got one..Heres mine ...

Old 08-22-2005, 12:20 AM   #25

Looking good!

Quote:
I guess this is general tech. i started to clean up the engine bay. hid all the wires i could and sanded/primed/painted the bay gloss black. let me know what you guys think!!
Looks good!

Now get rid of that fugly SS rad hose cover and the rubber dizzy cover STAT!!!
Old 08-22-2005, 03:14 AM   #26

Trader Feedback: (47)

Here is mine, just finished the other day...my car has 74,xxx miles on it also.

Reef Blue, 5spd, Vortech Si-Trim, 6037s, TFS 1, 1.7 RR's, Cobra intake, 65mm TB, 60lbers, BA2400 maf, 3.73's, & more 11.91@123.5 1.9x 60ft *SOLD*
Old 08-22-2005, 05:11 AM   #27

I just want mine to look as clean as possible. I'm really not into the shiny stuff. I took my engine down to the heads and cleaned everything. Here it is.

Aluminum driveshaft, Aluminum flywheel, 4.56's
Xcalibrater 2, Cobra R's with 315 nitto's
Old 08-22-2005, 11:53 AM   #28

as soon as the lower go's then im gona get the hard chrome with silicone ends on both of them and do away with the fake SS. I'll get a closer pic so you can see alittle more detail. i was really trying to get the whole thing in the picture. The dizzy cover is staying, i like the look more than the octopus. but i will be armoralling it so its shiny again. I got some polished coming so i'll keep it updated. If only i was man enough to weld up all the holes. BTW my brake fluid is clean MFE.....i have ATE super blue racing in there so it is blue in color and the master looks dark on the outside.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:46 PM   #29

Trader Feedback: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by red97cobra
I just want mine to look as clean as possible. I'm really not into the shiny stuff. I took my engine down to the heads and cleaned everything. Here it is.

that looks good. Nice, simple, and clean
Old 08-22-2005, 09:02 PM   #30

yea that looks good i like clean and simple as well. Im kinda going for more of a show car type look, altho not as crazy as those guys get. I just ordered polished SS rad cover and core suport cover from UPR along with the caps a billit prop rod and power steering pump bracket cover. I also ordered the firewall sheild from 2kool performance in polished stainless. we'll see how it goes this weekend i'll take picturs and this time closer...lol
Old 08-24-2005, 09:56 PM   #31

Trader Feedback: (3)

Quote:
yea that looks good i like clean and simple as well.
I agree completely!

Clean

And Simple
Old 08-24-2005, 10:15 PM   #32

Perdy

2002 White GT Coupe (Premium)
K&N FIPK Gen II; SLP LM II’s; SLP Catted X; FRPP 4.10’s; Steeda UDP’s; Eibach Pro-Kit; MGW Short Throw, SCT XCal Tune, Etc.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:48 PM   #33
Banned

Trader Feedback: (1)

just started on my

Charged up is banned  
Old 08-27-2005, 02:16 PM   #34

Got some new pictures of my progress, added polished firewall plate, polished rad cover, polished front core cover, and polished power steering pump bracket cover.

Old 08-27-2005, 03:55 PM   #35

tttt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement