****BLINKER FUSE BLOWING.... HELP!!***** - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > General Mustang Tech

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2005, 06:55 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

****BLINKER FUSE BLOWING.... HELP!!*****

I bought an ultra blue 90 gt..love the car, but the blinker fuse continues to blow. Sometimes it blows immediately and sometimes i get a few days of blinkers and back up lights. Right now the blinkers will work if i change the fuse but the fuse blows INSTANTLY when I put it into reverse. I know the back up lights and blinkers are tied to each other. THis is what I've tried so far with out success....

]Bought bulk package of 15 amp fuses (almost out)

]tried higher 20 amp fuse (still blows)

]disconnected alarm (still blows)

]disconnected backup light switch to T5 (car would not start when i did that)

Anyway to isolate the back up lights or disconnect them besides what ive tried...any other ideas or help into this mystery.

Thanks Todd
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2005, 06:59 PM   #2

Does your horn work? Mine got fubared and then the turn signals started acting up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty
Me, I say my prayers, then I just light myself on fire Walk back into NAPA once again AND THIS TIME.... TO TALK TO SOMEONE ELSE...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-27-2005, 08:09 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (8)

mine is doing the same thing, but now its to where if i go ignition on it blows the fuse...thinking about getting a 15amp breaker so i can reset it instead of changing fuses while i'm troubleshooting it
04 Acura TL - trans cooler
Old 04-28-2005, 08:21 PM   #4

Trader Feedback: (1)

Only common component between turn signal and backup is Turn Signal Flasher. Replace it.
ProCharger 600B, FRPP Headers, Flowmaster F2, 3G Alt, Mk8 Fan, DCC controller, 3.55's, Prog Springs, ST Brace, G/Trac Bar, Subfrms, UCA, LCA, FCA, Tokico 5-ways, C/C Plates, CSA 16x8, Bridgestone RE760 225/50R16, Megasquirt DIYPNPF60, LC2 wideband
Old 04-28-2005, 08:38 PM   #5

Trader Feedback: (1)

OK you have to remember that those wires run inside the engine bay and they run across areas where the metal is sharp. The insulating material on the wires over the years can finally rub through. I would check the wiring up in and around the headlights. I am guessing the only time you have issues is when the blinker is activated or the lights are turned on? Good place to look.

Those same wires are in the trunk area too.

Good luck.

Last edited by JKCOBRA98; 04-28-2005 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:28 AM   #6

Trader Feedback: (2)

My guess would be that someone has been dicking with the bulbs and replaced some with the improper wattage. You could check that easily.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:10 PM   #7

ok its like 6 months later and Im still driving without turn signals. (i got tired of replacing fuses.) What I can say more specific is that my signals work with a new fuse every time I replace it, but the fuse seems to blow every time I shift the T5 into reverse. Im assumming its a short in the backup switch, reverse lights or wiring in between. Can anyone tell me how to locate this wire and trace it from start to finish? Whats the color code?
1970 Hertz Cougar Eliminator (will restore someday)
1970 Cougar XR7 Convertible (just bought)
1970 Cougar Convertible (EFI project)
1970 Torino GT (virgin sheet metal..just back from paint shop
1968 Mustang fastback (my first car)
1967 Fairlane XL (5speed 5.0 efi)

Still Wanted
1993 COBRA
1970 TORINO COBRA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement