where to find ball and socket exhaust flanges ? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > General Mustang Tech

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2005, 10:38 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

where to find ball and socket exhaust flanges??

Putting together a new cat back set up for my car and instead of clamping the components together or weld it all up, I'd like to use the ball and socket flange set up that my header to X pipe connection uses and utilize those joints throughout every connection point of my exhaust set up, for easy swapping and easy adjustments and easy take off if I need to

so if anybody knows places to find them, or the real name of that style connection flange, I'd appreciate the help

thanks

Jim
-FMS 1.6 RRs -TF Stage 1 cam -BBK Chromed shorties Bassani catted X pipe- SLP loudmouth mufflers-March pullies -B&M Tranny cooler -Ramcharger Fan-Edge Racing 9.5 inch converter 3200 stall with lock up -FMS 24# injectors-MAC subframes -paxton adj. fuel regulator - Crane Hi6s ignition - 276 rwhp, 285 rw ft lb torque
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2005, 11:39 PM   #2

Trader Feedback: (104)

Summit Racing carries the Ball and Socket FLanges..I have seen them before in the exhaust section..Check emm out..
Old 04-03-2005, 07:58 AM   #3
US Air Force Active Duty

Trader Feedback: (7)

You should check with local muffler shops to see if they can make the ball flange. I worked at a muffler shop for four years while I was stationed in Augusta and the boss saw the flanges on my MAC LT's. I told him how much the ball/socket flanges cost from Summit so he bought the die's to make the 2 1/4", 2 1/2", and 3" ball flange. I made the flanges on my Kooks.

"Think before you say something stupid"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-03-2005, 11:50 AM   #4

awesome thanks
-FMS 1.6 RRs -TF Stage 1 cam -BBK Chromed shorties Bassani catted X pipe- SLP loudmouth mufflers-March pullies -B&M Tranny cooler -Ramcharger Fan-Edge Racing 9.5 inch converter 3200 stall with lock up -FMS 24# injectors-MAC subframes -paxton adj. fuel regulator - Crane Hi6s ignition - 276 rwhp, 285 rw ft lb torque
Old 04-03-2005, 06:24 PM   #5

i found mine at a local napa auto parts store
Old 04-03-2005, 07:18 PM   #6

Trader Feedback: (16)

I have some for sale. PM me for pics and price.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:52 AM   #7

Dr. Gas sells them also.
1983 GT;410 Windsor;AFR225;Comp Cams HR "Cheater" cam (.546,236/240,109);Vic Jr intake;Holley 750HP vac sec;MSD ign./dist;Holley black fp;AJE K-mem;Kooks 1-7/8" stainless headers;Dr Gas 3.5"-2.5" x-pipe;Magnaflow 2.5" muffs/pipes;Spec 10.5" alum flywheel/Stage 3 clutch;Tremec T56 Viper 6-spd; alum driveshaft; 9" rear;4:11 gears;Auburn Pro diff;H&R Super Sport springs;Koni red struts/shocks;Steeda dbl adj upper/lower arms. 466 rwhp@5750 rpm,464rwtq@4750 rpm on a Mustang dyno,over 400 rwtq from 2400-6100 rpms.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:57 PM   #8

happen to remember how much they were at Napa
Old 04-10-2005, 07:45 AM   #9

HARD TO REMBER IT WAS ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO WHEN I BOUGHT THEM I WANT TO SAY THEY WERE AROUND $65 DOLLARS BUT NOT TO SURE
Old 04-10-2005, 12:45 PM   #10

Trader Feedback: (13)

Summit racing carries the Flowmaster brand ball and sockets, they are 50 bocks for the 2 1/2" kit and I think 55 or so for the 3".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement