295/50/15 fit under a foxbody?? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > General Mustang Tech

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2003, 09:30 AM   #1

Trader Feedback: (3)

295/50/15 fit under a foxbody??

I have a 93 LX that is not lowered. The car currently has 275/50/15 BFG Drag Radials. I've got some 295/50/15's that I want to try on it as a street only tire. The wheels are Weld Rodlites 15x8 w/ 4.5 backspacing. Think it will work or am I wasting my time? I don't wanna roll the outter fender lip but i'll pound on the inside if needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2003, 11:00 AM   #2

Trader Feedback: (0)

dont know if it will fit with the 4.5BS 5.5 will fit
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-03-2003, 04:46 PM   #3

Thumbs down

All you going to do is spin...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-03-2003, 06:57 PM   #4

They fit under the car great with the 15x8 4.5 backspacing. I didn't even have to remove the quad shocks.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:48 PM   #5

Trader Feedback: (156)

Yes, they will fit, my friend had them on his 87 GT, we hammer tubbed it but it did scrub pretty bad at times. We rolled the fender lip too. It scrubbed on the inside, it wasnt bad unless you were turning or had people in the back. He had 275/50/15 drag radials that were almost as big but didnt have nearly the scrubbing problems. It wasnt that bad but it was noticeable at times.
Old 12-04-2003, 10:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by Speeds8erM-1
Yes, they will fit, my friend had them on his 87 GT, we hammer tubbed it but it did scrub pretty bad at times. We rolled the fender lip too. It scrubbed on the inside, it wasnt bad unless you were turning or had people in the back. He had 275/50/15 drag radials that were almost as big but didnt have nearly the scrubbing problems. It wasnt that bad but it was noticeable at times.
Well with a 210lb passenger in the car today mine did rub a little pulling into a parking lot. I'm gonna roll the fenders tomorrow
Old 12-04-2003, 10:49 PM   #7

I am running BFG 295 50 15s same size rim as you on my 86GT...had to jack up my rear end to elimanate rub when i hit bumps in the road... i went up about 1"1/2 from stock ride hight...I like um
Sponsored Links
Advertisement