AUTOZONE and check engine light - is it free?? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > General Mustang Tech

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2003, 02:50 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

AUTOZONE and check engine light - is it free??

How much does AUTOZONE charge to check for codes if your check engine light is on?

My girlfriend got a diagnostic run on her car from a small shop, but she didn't get a code...........all they told her was that her two rear O2's needed replacing...........but now the Check Engine light went back off, so before I replace anything, I want to know the codes so that I can make sure I replace the right sensors.

Is it free???

thx,
JC
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2003, 03:03 PM   #2

Trader Feedback: (1)

Free
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-18-2003, 03:06 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (1)

Wouldn't it have been about 1000 times faster and easier to pick up the phone, call autozone and ask them? Just saying...

Killed the bugs...running like a raped ape.
Old 09-18-2003, 04:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by JJxUSAF
Wouldn't it have been about 1000 times faster and easier to pick up the phone, call autozone and ask them? Just saying...
Actually NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since I'm on these boards all day long anyway, it's easier for me to type something than to look up their phone number, pick up a phone and call!

I spend entirely too much time on the phone as is for work, so once again, NO!!!

Thank you for your concern, but if you're not answering my question, what the hell did you post for.

jc
Old 09-18-2003, 04:15 PM   #5

well to tell you something about autozone
Old 09-18-2003, 04:17 PM   #6

well to tell you something about autozone is that you can get the code to see why its coming on but you wont frin the problem yeah they said its the O2 sensor but thats just a sensor for the computer that said there is something wrong in the fuel to air ratio you need to then find out why its making the emissions wrong first
Old 09-18-2003, 04:21 PM   #7

autozone will tell you that there is an O2 bad but it may not be
look my car was misfiring and they said it was the ignition pack they said it was bad and to get another oneyou want to know what it was
it was the timing, it was off about two teeth because of my water pump was locking up so it sliped my timing and made it misfire all in all autozone said it was the ignition and it wasnt
Old 09-18-2003, 04:35 PM   #8

well here it is from the horses mouth. i work at autozone have now for the last 4 and a half years. yes it is free but as other have said all we do is read the code the computer stores. it may say a bank 1 sensor 1 too lean. or muti cyclinder miss fire i cant say why we just dont have the best equip. Thats what a dealer is for.. Dont get me wrong there are some idiots working at autozone advance orileys. I can only speak for my self when i say i do the best i can with what i have. I am one of the honest ones of the group.. hope that helps
Old 09-18-2003, 06:03 PM   #9

Trader Feedback: (11)

sounds like exactly the same problem my wife went through with her 2k jetta, damn check engine light came on, took it to vato zone, and they read the code and told me it said the o2 sensors were bad, it reset the cpu, but it came back on after a while, to hell with it, we just drove the car for another year and a half and traded the car in with the light on.
-66 mustang coupe...5.0, custom comp cam roller, Eddy perf heads, Pete Jackson noisy gear drive,holley 670 carb, airgap intake,t5 trans, 96 explorer 8.8 rear 373 gears,2005 gt brakes, full suspension roller mods
-01 bullitt true blue
Old 09-18-2003, 10:11 PM   #10

many other things could be wrong than just the sensors you have to know why the code came up and you have to know how to check the part to see if its actually bad. i reccommend getting a engine diagnoiss at a real garage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement