Ford Mustang Forums banner

Adjustable clutch cable nut

7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  GT347SC 
#1 ·
I have an adjustable clutch cable and I seem to have lost the nut that threads against the clutch fork. Is there any where that sells that kind of nut with the rounded end or do I have to purchase a new kit?

#3 ·
Ditch the entire clutch cable before it snaps on you and leaves you stranded, all adjustable aftermarket cables are junk and snap without warning. Usually within a year of install...

The standard Ford cable from Auto Zone that is like $30 is the best cable you can get and will last for near the life of the car...Or you can be a MM fan boy and buy a Ford cable from them for $70

#4 ·
The regular ford cable from autozone is not threaded. I need one that is threaded so I can adjust it.

As for it being a self locking nut the one that originally comes with it is rounded so that it fits in the groove and turns agains the clutch fork.

#6 ·
Like SlowBox said just go to a hardware store and get a self locking nut . And as for the adjustable cable hate , I've ran a BBK adjustable cable for 2 years and now it's on a buddy's car and it's still standing up to the abuse .

#7 ·
I've got an adjustable cable that's been in service for 7 years so yes they last. As for the nut I know the piece your looking for but don't know where to find one. May look for a tapped collar and use two nuts to make the jamb nut.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.