Adjustable clutch cable nut - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > General Mustang Tech

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (13)

Adjustable clutch cable nut

I have an adjustable clutch cable and I seem to have lost the nut that threads against the clutch fork. Is there any where that sells that kind of nut with the rounded end or do I have to purchase a new kit?
1987 LX T-Top. Stock 302 w/ windage tray, aluminum flywheel, Thumper E7, Tmoss lower, FTI cam, 65mm tb, 80mm maf, 1.7rr, longtubes, S trim 2.95/6.87, upr boost pipe, 42#, 90/10, 50/50, 4 cyl springs, 4.30 gears ETC. Tweecer r/t tuned.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #2

Trader Feedback: (6)

It's just a regular self-locking nut with a nylon insert. Take your thread pitch and go to Lowes.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (45)

Ditch the entire clutch cable before it snaps on you and leaves you stranded, all adjustable aftermarket cables are junk and snap without warning. Usually within a year of install...

The standard Ford cable from Auto Zone that is like $30 is the best cable you can get and will last for near the life of the car...Or you can be a MM fan boy and buy a Ford cable from them for $70
Old 02-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #4

Trader Feedback: (13)

The regular ford cable from autozone is not threaded. I need one that is threaded so I can adjust it.

As for it being a self locking nut the one that originally comes with it is rounded so that it fits in the groove and turns agains the clutch fork.
1987 LX T-Top. Stock 302 w/ windage tray, aluminum flywheel, Thumper E7, Tmoss lower, FTI cam, 65mm tb, 80mm maf, 1.7rr, longtubes, S trim 2.95/6.87, upr boost pipe, 42#, 90/10, 50/50, 4 cyl springs, 4.30 gears ETC. Tweecer r/t tuned.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #5

Trader Feedback: (45)

Adjust it with a firewall adjuster...Im telling you, you will be REALLY sorry your ran that aftermarket adjustable cable.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #6

Trader Feedback: (0)

Like SlowBox said just go to a hardware store and get a self locking nut . And as for the adjustable cable hate , I've ran a BBK adjustable cable for 2 years and now it's on a buddy's car and it's still standing up to the abuse .
Old 02-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #7

Trader Feedback: (3)

I've got an adjustable cable that's been in service for 7 years so yes they last. As for the nut I know the piece your looking for but don't know where to find one. May look for a tapped collar and use two nuts to make the jamb nut.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement