Scott Rod Hatchback Rear Seat Delete - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > General Mustang Tech

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

Scott Rod Hatchback Rear Seat Delete

I am planning on having my interior updated this winter after I finalize everything with the motor. I have heard of Scott Rod before via Holcomb Motorsports, however I just stumbled across their rear seat delete. Kind of a different approach but I think it would make it easier for a clean install than just using carpet. What do you guys think?

Scott Rod Fabrications Custom Aluminum Panels for Fox Body 79-93 Mustang
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #2

Trader Feedback: (36)

i think that looks great!!
performer intake, 70mm tb, 76mm meter. 3:55's ...
SOLD
New toy: 2001 v6 mustang ..v8 swap one day!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (26)

plan to get one myself...was hoping for some more reviews on fit and finish first but from everything ive read his stuff is top notch...have quite a few pieces i plan to get in fact.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #4

Trader Feedback: (4)

looks really good
Old 11-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #5

Something tells me all that sheetmetal would produce alot of buzzing and rattleing going down the road.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post
Something tells me all that sheetmetal would produce alot of buzzing and rattleing going down the road.
I thought about that, but what is you put insulation under it?
Old 11-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #7

Trader Feedback: (118)

Spray the backside with undercoating and you can eliminate noise if that is an issue.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #8

Trader Feedback: (40)

I think it looks very nice not sure how much it cost . I made my rear seat delete with 1"x1" square tube aluminum (had welded up) and put some plywood on top of that installed carpet and I think it looks great also . I also have two hatches in the seat area so I have some storage and my twin nitrous bottles in the middle . This is the only pic I have right now but the cell cover was painted and the rest of the carpet installed .
Old 11-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #9

Trader Feedback: (9)

Do the rear seats really weigh that much? To each their own but rear seat deleted never made sense to me.
Corral Elite Member #1

** 89 LX 5.0 ** blower whine, better brakes, and faded paint
Old 11-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #10

Trader Feedback: (40)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevins89notch5.0 View Post
Do the rear seats really weigh that much? To each their own but rear seat deleted never made sense to me.
I can only speak for myself but the seat delete I made is about half the weight and I plan on a cage to be installed in the car so there wont be very many passengers in the car and really never did anyway so for me it is best .
Old 11-12-2011, 09:42 PM   #11

Garage
Quote:
I agree, my rear seats and backrest are light as a feather and the scott rod seat delete probaly rattles and vibrates. If i was to delete the rear seat i would just take it out, along with the spare tire and heavy sound proofing material under the hatch carpet.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:04 AM   #12

You call 40lbs light as a feather? Take the back seats out of your hatch and all the supporting hardware and seat belts and weight it.

84 Mustang GT, Vic jr intake, quickFuel Q650 double pumper, GT40heads, TFS stage1 cam w/ 1.7RRs, NOS crosshair plate, BBK X-pipe, TKO 500, aluminum drive shaft, sub frame connectors, MSD Digital 6 Plus box, 3.73 gears
Old 11-13-2011, 08:46 AM   #13

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFreak300 View Post
You call 40lbs light as a feather? Take the back seats out of your hatch and all the supporting hardware and seat belts and weight it.
I guess you are right, maybe not as light as a feather. I have taken the spare tire, jack and heavy soundproof matting out and noticed a difference in the way the car felt. I would just take the rear seat out and all the hardware, why buy a rear seat delete kit.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:34 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rdnut View Post
I would just take the rear seat out and all the hardware, why buy a rear seat delete kit.
So the inside of your car doesn't look like ass.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #15

I took my rear seat out and i never put in a rear seat delete. I am going to lay a piece of carpet over where the hatch carpet and the floor carpet doesn't meet. I"m in the middle of putting my car on a serious diet. This just happened to be one of the things I did recently. There is also sound deadening under the top portion of the back seat you can remove.

84 Mustang GT, Vic jr intake, quickFuel Q650 double pumper, GT40heads, TFS stage1 cam w/ 1.7RRs, NOS crosshair plate, BBK X-pipe, TKO 500, aluminum drive shaft, sub frame connectors, MSD Digital 6 Plus box, 3.73 gears
Old 11-13-2011, 12:50 PM   #16

Trader Feedback: (1)

I left my back seats in for looks.

I stripped all the metal bracketry from them. Removed all the seat belts and seat belt nut/mounts off the body. The plastic quarters keep the seats held up like the metal hing assembly did, but obviously not as sturdy.

I would be willing to bet they don't weigh over 20 lbs bottom and top pieces combined

Last edited by 89CamminGT; 11-13-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #17

Trader Feedback: (4)

Thats a great looking kit! Had i known it existed a couple weeks ago i may have considered it over my K-Dezines rear seat delete... It certainly is cheaper...

I do like that the K-Dezines kit offers functional storage and heavy duty construction... and they also offer lightweight "race" versions of their kit... I bought the Normal version... weight be damned.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #18

Trader Feedback: (142)

Quote:
i agree 100%

plus it's weight from the rear

When The Results Disagree With The Theory: Believe The Results And Invent A New Theory
Old 11-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #19

The back seat is in front of the rear tires and has to be lifted as the car comes up. To each their own, but my back seat is out.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #20

im getting a rear seat delete because they dont make the rear seat corbeau kits to match the front seats im getting...and unfortunately no upholstery places anywhere even relatively close...i think the scottrod one is the best looking ive seen and ive decided on getting his kit.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:34 AM   #21

Trader Feedback: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prez1967 View Post
Thats a great looking kit! Had i known it existed a couple weeks ago i may have considered it over my K-Dezines rear seat delete... It certainly is cheaper...

I do like that the K-Dezines kit offers functional storage and heavy duty construction... and they also offer lightweight "race" versions of their kit... I bought the Normal version... weight be damned.
You'll be happy with the K-Dezines. Mine fit great, and looks fantastic. only downside is that it weighs as much as the rear seat assembly.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #22

Trader Feedback: (6)

Quote:
don't know how you got 40#, just took the belts and seat supports as well as the X brace out of my coupe and weighed them along with my rear seats and its 25#.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #23
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (92)

Garage
Quote:
I took my rear seat out and i never put in a rear seat delete. I am going to lay a piece of carpet over where the hatch carpet and the floor carpet doesn't meet. I"m in the middle of putting my car on a serious diet. This just happened to be one of the things I did recently. There is also sound deadening under the top portion of the back seat you can remove.

x-2

I scraped out most of this sound deadener material, when I laid my quick roof. got about 6 pounds of it out of there! the whole rear of the hatch and behind the back seats.
2003 Cobra, K. B. 2.3 , installed and tuned by Tim @ MPH , with a 4:10 gear, 571/581 on street gas. Gone but Never forgotten.
and a 70 Cuda , back in the day, I had the heads rebuilt, and blew it to smithereens,
Old 12-10-2011, 10:02 PM   #24

Trader Feedback: (14)

looks awesome going to have to check them out
Old 12-11-2011, 03:19 AM   #25

Trader Feedback: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkstang View Post
i agree 100%

plus it's weight from the rear
To me, it's like those 13 second buicks I use to see at my home drag strip. Fully tubbed, full cage, no mufflers, covered in stickers, race seat...and that 13 second time slip.

...because racecar?

I would much rather run a 10 with full factory options, AC, back seat, interior panels, and a comfy seat.
Corral Elite Member #1

** 89 LX 5.0 ** blower whine, better brakes, and faded paint
Old 12-11-2011, 05:38 AM   #26

Quote:
To me, it's like those 13 second buicks I use to see at my home drag strip. Fully tubbed, full cage, no mufflers, covered in stickers, race seat...and that 13 second time slip.

...because racecar?

I would much rather run a 10 with full factory options, AC, back seat, interior panels, and a comfy seat.
I would rather have less weight and less power to run the same number with more power and more weight. I class race my car and am at minimum weight. The less weight you have to move the easier it is on parts. Obviously full weight and more power suits your needs. Our dufferwnces as well as our similarities is what this site so great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement