Fuel pressure gauge hook up - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > General Mustang Tech

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 01:48 AM   #1

Trader Feedback: (20)

Fuel pressure gauge hook up

I'm trying to hook up my autometer phantom FP gauge, it's mounted on the cowl and has the straight braided line with the -an screw on flare connectors, issue is, I need to hook it into my efi line some how......is there an adapter fitting that can be purchased to screw on to the schredor valve or some type of inline connector that you guys use?? any pics, links or part numbers are appreciated.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2011, 05:46 AM   #2

Trader Feedback: (17)

Do you have an adjustable regulator? If so, mine has an extra port for a gauge, if yours does then i would put it there.
88 thunderbird, 5.0, TW heads, xe270hr , 1.7 roller rockers, 65mm throttle body,*24 inj.,76mm pro-m,18° base timing, cobra upper/Tmoss lower, 1.0"spacer, msd ign., msd dist., under drives, smog delete, walbro 255, 1 5/8 shorties, 2.5" exhaust,aod w/silverfox valvebody 3.73 trac lok,
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-20-2011, 07:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipnbird View Post
Do you have an adjustable regulator? If so, mine has an extra port for a gauge, if yours does then i would put it there.
yes I do but it is a holley one iirc and has no extra port
Old 04-20-2011, 08:53 AM   #4

Trader Feedback: (45)

Auto Meter makes one from here:

Auto Meter 3275 - Auto Meter Pressure Gauge Adapters - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Or you cand find the same thing at Ace hardware for less.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVIDLX View Post
Auto Meter makes one from here:

Auto Meter 3275 - Auto Meter Pressure Gauge Adapters - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Or you cand find the same thing at Ace hardware for less.
I have that end already, the beveled end screws onto my line and the issue is where to connect the other end = does not screw onto the schredor valve
Old 04-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85gt66 View Post
I have that end already, the beveled end screws onto my line and the issue is where to connect the other end = does not screw onto the schredor valve
U need an 1/8 > 1/16 adapter which w/fit the Schrader valve...Any place that sells N20 products w/have them, Incl Summit racing!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #7

I read somewhere , the schredor valve unscrews?? and this can screw in place :
Auto Meter 3280 - Auto Meter Pressure Gauge Adapters - Overview - SummitRacing.com

then after that you can use atm-3275 to connect to gauge line?? is that correct?? does schredor valve unscrew?? I'm not with my car so I can't go out and look
Old 04-21-2011, 02:44 PM   #8

Trader Feedback: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85gt66 View Post
I read somewhere , the schredor valve unscrews?? and this can screw in place :
Auto Meter 3280 - Auto Meter Pressure Gauge Adapters - Overview - SummitRacing.com

then after that you can use atm-3275 to connect to gauge line?? is that correct?? does schredor valve unscrew?? I'm not with my car so I can't go out and look
I believe that would work. The schrader valve does unscrew from the fuel line up front and then you should be able to screw the adaptor in and run your gauge line to it. Don't forget to use something to help seal it. Some say not to use teflon tape, but I've never had an issue with it. I use a very small amount, wrap it the correct way, and don't extend it past a few threads above the fitting end.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #9

Trader Feedback: (44)

This is what I used. I removed the schrader valve threaded this in and connected my 4AN braided line to it.
Russell Performance 640890 - Russell EFI Fuel Pressure Adapter Fittings - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Old 04-22-2011, 07:12 AM   #10

The fitting(NPT)is tapered & shouldn't need ANY tape or sealant. That's why they R built that way(self sealing)!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 07:21 AM   #11

Trader Feedback: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
The fitting(NPT)is tapered & shouldn't need ANY tape or sealant. That's why they R built that way(self sealing)!!!
I was waiting for that...

They *should* self seal and they are made that way, but my fuel lines must have been made on a Friday during the playoffs or something. My old 90 and my new 92 both seeped a little bit after the schrader was removed and put back in no matter how snug they were in the line. Sooooo... a little tape sealer always did the trick. You had ot be very careful where you put it and how you put it on, but it always worked and never gave me any problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement