Codes: 33, 41, 63, 91 Car running like crap (maybe 3G alternator to blame??)!! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > Engine Management Systems

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2006, 10:10 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (15)

Codes: 33, 41, 63, 91 Car running like crap (maybe 3G alternator to blame??)!!

Upon initial startup after I installed my 3G alternator, I noticed that my car has run like crap. Here are the symptoms:

At Idle:
Car will idle at like 600 rpm barely staying alive shaking the car back and forth (E303 cam)...then sometimes it will raise back up to 850rpm which is what its set at and idle perfectly.

Accelerating:
Car will accelerate very roughly (slight bucking) then on top of that if you give half to full throttle the car starts sounding like its completly missing (popping in exhaust sometimes), very hard to climp in rpm........then sometimes it will clear up all the sudden and snap your head back and run perfect....

I pulled code 33 KOEO test all the time and in continous memory 63 (TPS below voltage)...

Then KOER test pulls code 63(TPS below voltage)sometimes 41(left o2 lean) sometimes, 91(right o2 lean) sometimes...or even all of them sometimes...

What is the deal, My theory is that the added current from the 3G alternator fried a weak power wire that goes to the TPS(code 63) and the EGR (code 33)....both of these sensors are fed 5V off the same wire. I figure I'm getting 41 and 91 because the computer looses TPS reading and doesn't know how much gas to dump in.

Also the car used to have an external regualted alternator, i took all this off when installing the 3G (internally regulated right), could this cause an issue?

Can anyone help with this? I've already tried a new TPS and it did nothing.
Scott, St. Petersburg, FL
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2006, 03:39 PM   #2

Trader Feedback: (15)

I've checked all the grounds I could think of. Does this sound more like a vacuum leak to anyone, and the TP below min voltage is just another seperate problem?
Scott, St. Petersburg, FL
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-29-2006, 11:29 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (11)

check the tps voltage with key on engine off should be around .9 volts possible bad tps this will cause the codes you see, fix this problem first.
check v ref and ground. V-ref at 5.0 volt. ground at bat. voltage. wire colors should be: orange = v-ref, green = return voltage and black = ground. you should also check the voltage as you increase the throttle(key on-without the car running) the return voltage should rise smoothly, It is best to graph the voltage it will show you any drops or spikes.
good luck
T-76 Turbonetics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement