injector wiring problem - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > Electrical & Wiring

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

injector wiring problem

I could nt find anything on this problem. I'm having an issue with both of my wires going to my injectors have power constantly need some info on causes
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #2

Trader Feedback: (20)

what have you changed that caused this? Need more info

Use coupon code MADSPEED for a 20% discount!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #3

when I hook up the light blue orange wire to my fuel pump relay it causes the wiring to the injectors to both have 12 volts of power
Old 05-21-2013, 12:50 AM   #4
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_tread_left_91gt View Post
when I hook up the light blue orange wire to my fuel pump relay it causes the wiring to the injectors to both have 12 volts of power
Why are you hooking a light blue/orange to the fuel pump relay?

After scanning an 88-91 EEC wiring diagram, there is not a Light Blue w/Orange stripe coded wire. Now, your number eight injector uses a Light Blue wire to command ground from pin 52 of the ECU. Each injector should have a constant VPWR 12v (Red) and a colored command ground wire from ECU.

Fuel pump relay has the same VPWR 12v (Red) from EEC Power Relay, Tan w/Lt Green from pin 22 as the fuel pump ground trigger for the relay, Black w/Orange battery ground and then the Pink w/Black which feeds power to the fuel pump AND sends a signal to the ECU pin 19.
642rwhp on a Dyno Dynamics at 14lbs of boost and shut down at 6,200rpms. Shooting for 7,000 and 800rwhp on 20lbs. Dart 4.125"ci, AFR185, Ed Curtis grind, Precission 76mm turbo, 120#injectors on E85, Viper spec'd 6spd, built rear and full Maximum Motorsports suspension.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #5

The wire is definitely lightblue and striped either red or orange buy regardless that was the issue now everything is good to go it had fixed the no power and the relay to shut off the pump thanks for the input though who knows what year this harness is they could have hacked this up a long time ago
Old 05-23-2013, 12:33 AM   #6

injectors wires

also both wires to your injectors should have power while in the run position when turning the engine over the nonred wire gets grounded to complete the circuit im more of a carb guy so this was confusing to me to begin with
Old 05-23-2013, 02:06 AM   #7
Corral Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_tread_left_91gt View Post
also both wires to your injectors should have power while in the run position when turning the engine over the nonred wire gets grounded to complete the circuit im more of a carb guy so this was confusing to me to begin with
No. Both wires do not get power. Your injector is a 2 wire (one positive and one ground) The ground circuit is completed in the ECU not the injector. Therefore the non-red wire or the signal wire should never have power, never. The injector gound wire is a ground signal output for the ECU.
642rwhp on a Dyno Dynamics at 14lbs of boost and shut down at 6,200rpms. Shooting for 7,000 and 800rwhp on 20lbs. Dart 4.125"ci, AFR185, Ed Curtis grind, Precission 76mm turbo, 120#injectors on E85, Viper spec'd 6spd, built rear and full Maximum Motorsports suspension.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:04 PM   #8

injector wires

That's not what my test light tells me ..........when I turn the key forward and I put the test light in the red wire on my inj it shows power 12v then I test the other wire right next to the red one and my test light also lights up again........when I put my cm on the second wire and turn the car over it drops to 8v ish do I have the only car that runs this way?
Old 05-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #9

Volt meter is what I mean when my fingers put cm
Old 05-30-2013, 01:39 AM   #10
Corral Elite Member

I find it hard to believe that you can read a signal from the PCM fast enough with a Voltmeter and not a scope.

Are you telling us that you test the NON-Red leg by placing your voltmeter positive lead in the back connector and ground lead to chasis/battery grnd and you are getting a voltage signal with the key on in run engine running?

Your injector COULD not work with both leads receiving +voltage. That would be AC and your car is DC.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #11

Trader Feedback: (29)

Garage
that's correct the non red wire is grounded and when it fires it breaks the grouns
86 coupe with 4 banger 96 GT vert 86 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement