Redneck Racing Transmission vs. Performance Automatic--which one would you purchase? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > Drag Racing

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2006, 02:47 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (6)

Cool Redneck Racing Transmission vs. Performance Automatic--which one would you purchase?

I'm tryin to decide between these 2 transmissions, Redneck transmission can be found here http://stores.ebay.com/Redneck-Perfo...dZ2QQpZ3QQtZkm
Comes with everything in description,plus 6 month warranty.

Performance automatic carries a lifetime warranty.
Originally Posted by Greg@GLD View Post
One of my favorite sayings is "I've never seen a dyno sheet win a drag race..."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2006, 02:53 PM   #2

Trader Feedback: (0)

I bought the Redneck Trans. Haven't used it yet tho. I took the pan off, looks good inside. Only upgrade I would advise is a cast aluminum pan VS the stamped aluminum. I've heard people complain of the transbrakes being slow to release on PA's. If your going to have problem with a trans it will happen soon.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-15-2006, 03:38 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (92)

You get what you pay for

If you pay half for something expect half the performance.

I have $900 in the converter for mine. they are going to give you one??????

cheap junk is just that cheap junk.

save your money and buy it one time.

Tim
www.flowtechinduction.com

Last edited by gray86hatch; 08-15-2006 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:39 PM   #4

Trader Feedback: (31)

A buddy of mine has a Redneck Performance TH-350 in his 94 383 LT-1 Camaro. He's been running mid 10's @ 129 for about a year now. I'd say they were pretty good stuff for the money.
"Just turn the boost up.....it's only air."
Old 08-15-2006, 04:32 PM   #5

Have a friend working with them on a converter right now. Good thing is that they have good customer service. Bad thing is that they have yet to get this guy a converter that will run the same number as his old Trans Specialties converter did. Several people over on FM have had good experiences with them.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:37 PM   #6

I bought a Redneck c4 and I'm very happy with it.I was just at Joliet with the car and ran 10.37-10.21-10.44 back to back passes with it.I also put on about 600 street miles on it.I did however break the forward drum on the street when I sprayed it.I called Donald told him what happened and he gave me the best customer service you would ever receive from any trans company.We talked abought it and because of time restraints he sent me a new drum next day air.Redneck transmissions are top notch.His converters are just as good.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:24 AM   #7

Trader Feedback: (1)

PA all the way, it is true you get what you pay for. Even if all the components are identical, I will never have to buy another tranny, parts for it, or freshining it up....for life! If you add in the cost of only one rebuild you are really close to the PA unit, and thats not calculating in the customer service. These guys are at most major events and will take care of you if you break something, right there. Like previously stated, trannys are expensive so buy it once!
chris
Feb '07 MM&FF Feature, Dec '06 Hemmings Muscle Machines Weekend Warior
Old 08-16-2006, 02:19 PM   #8

Trader Feedback: (11)

i have a c4 from them and a converter. i must say the converter stall was dead on 4500 and the tranny has been working great. after i got it and put it in the car i called donald to ask him some different specs on the coverter "ie slipage, tq multiplication." he asked if i was taking it to the track soon and i said yes. he replied " give her hell, try to break it!"

so i gave her hell and it didnt break.

i have ran plenty of 10 teen to 10.20 passes with it no problems at all.

time to run some 9's
Old 08-16-2006, 02:24 PM   #9

good thing PA has a lifetime because my freind bought one, blew it up 3x then they took it back and gave his $$ back..we are talking only a blown 331 700hp street car
Old 08-17-2006, 08:24 PM   #10

i bought the redneck trans brake for the c4 and it has performed flawlessly since day one. and there customer service is top notch had some questions called them and he spent an hour on the phone with me and never tried to push anything on me or talk me into buying something great people to work with
95 Mustang Gt 302 Anderson B-31 cam,Twisted Wedge heads, 1.6 RR , TFS Street Heat intake, 42 Lbs. injectors, 75 mm TB, 80 mm Mass Air, MSD 6AL, MSD coil, AFM PMS(tuning), MAC 1 3/4 Long Tubes, X-Pipe, Vortec S Trim @ 15-17 Psi, AFM Power Pipe, C-4 Trans, 3200-3500 Stall, 4.10 Gears, QA1 K-memeber, QA1 control arms, UPR coil over kit, UPR caster camber plates
Old 08-18-2006, 10:24 AM   #11

only reason people are stick up for PA is becasue they spent so much on the trans..lol
Old 08-18-2006, 11:25 AM   #12

How many sub 8 sec guys do you see running those in comparison....Dont get me wrong, I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the Redneck tranny's, hell they might have the same internals for all I know. But, I bought a PA because of their warantee, reputation and referals from several guys I know with very fast cars.
Feb '07 MM&FF Feature, Dec '06 Hemmings Muscle Machines Weekend Warior
Old 08-18-2006, 11:39 AM   #13

there cheap cause they dont have the over-head and name of PA I use a valve body and it work flawless if my tranny goes out u bet ur As$ ill buy from Redneck.. They have awesome costomer service and good prices
Old 08-18-2006, 12:53 PM   #14

i got a dynamic(delaware) with a brake and i would get another one form them in a sec because they have excellent customer service and i dont have to pay shipping!

i would get the redneck 2nd though..you cant beet getting something local
Old 08-18-2006, 05:18 PM   #15

Trader Feedback: (18)

i have a glide from them and it works awsome!!! if i ever need another tranny i will deff buy one from them!!
Old 08-24-2006, 10:08 AM   #16

thats funny, i used to live in the town where redneck transmission is located. anyway, if im not mistaken, the PA trans only comes with a lifetime warranty if you get the super comp model. personally, id go with a dynamic.

Last edited by clement; 08-24-2006 at 10:10 AM.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:32 PM   #17

Trader Feedback: (3)

i've seen their ads on ebay, i didnt know a lot of people actually ran them. interesting, very much so
Old 08-25-2006, 02:40 PM   #18

I don't know about the Redneck trans but I had a PA super comp and ran it for about 2 years with no problems. The car weighed 3320 and ran 6.14 at 117 in the 1/8 with a 331 turbo motor. I also ran a PTC convertor and they are also great to deal with.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:45 PM   #19

Trader Feedback: (73)

I USE THE PA COMP AND HAD SOME TROUBLE BLOWING FRONT PUMP GASKETS.PA SENT ME THEIR NEW GASKET AND THE PROBLEM IS FIXED.I ALSO USE A PTC CONVERTER AND LOVE IT.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:25 PM   #20

Trader Feedback: (11)

any body run a artcarr they have life time warranties
Old 09-05-2006, 03:24 PM   #21
smr

I wound up buying a Pa super comp with the warranty because they are at almost all major sanctioned events, and the customer service was excellent. I called them to ask why i should buy their trans and I wound up on the phone with Bill for over 1 hour with him explaining me pros and cons of diff. internals and what not and i wound up buying through summit and got a hell of deal ont he PA pro fit bell housing as well thanks to bill.....I look forward to using it now...
Old 09-07-2006, 09:23 AM   #22

Trader Feedback: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TNTCOBRA
any body run a artcarr they have life time warranties
No, we have a 1 year unlimited warranty.

Unlike PA We don't care what you break(hard parts and all). We'll fix it if it breaks. I believe their warranty is limited to clutches and frictions alone. After that it's $250 labor plus whatever you need.

Redneck used to be right around the corner from us. Then they moved off somewhere. But from what I see it looks like they build a decent unit as well.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:31 AM   #23

They are all good when they work, but when they break or don't work !! Watch out !! LOL

PA's warranty is OK but it dosen't cover everything, and Don't forget the cost of shipping. I would look for a reputable local shop and have them build you a trans, it makes warranty and service much faster and cheaper. IMO
Old 09-07-2006, 09:46 AM   #24

Trader Feedback: (92)

I just dug out my warranty paperwork from PA

Warranty does not cover
: Fluids
: removeal or installation labor
: any modifications
: accident or any other use other than intended
: damage due to driveshaft breakage

Says nothing about what breaks. I have never heard of anyone having the warranty be a issue

Tim
www.flowtechinduction.com
Old 09-08-2006, 02:52 PM   #25

I love my PA. I was looking at selling it and I will buy a PA to replace that one. I have never seen the redneck company, but just the name redneck would scare me...haha...anyways, whether you buy a PA, Dynamic, Coan, Art Carr, Redneck, JW, TCI, there are always good and bad. When I bought mine a few years ago, PA had the best rep on the market. I talked to a few aftermarket distributors and racers and they said that you can lay the trannies beside each other and see that the PA was superior. If that's true? But I love my PA, and I will buy another one...and the warranty is lifetime. If you use the wrong fluid, it won't be covered but that the list from above is correct, just as it's written in my PA comp warranty.
Call each company though, talk to them. I called GER and i'm glad those a-holes closed down. The guy I talked to started yelling at me because I didn't already own one of their transmissions. I told him I hadn't bought one yet and was looking to buy and that he should be a salesman, but "I don't care because you are just trying to get free information!". A-hole!
Good luck in your search, good to see you're doing your research. My $.02 is that I love my PA but that doesn't mean I would love my ________ if I owned that.
Looking for another mustang
Old 09-08-2006, 08:36 PM   #26

Trader Feedback: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neal@artcarr
No, we have a 1 year unlimited warranty.

Unlike PA We don't care what you break(hard parts and all). We'll fix it if it breaks. I believe their warranty is limited to clutches and frictions alone. After that it's $250 labor plus whatever you need.

Redneck used to be right around the corner from us. Then they moved off somewhere. But from what I see it looks like they build a decent unit as well.

all choices aside it's nice to see one trans company give another trans company props(for lack of a better term)

kuidos neal!!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 08:46 PM   #27

Yeah I noticed that too and mad props, however, if he only said how crappy all other trannies were compared to his, we would flame the hell out of him.
Looking for another mustang
Old 09-08-2006, 09:13 PM   #28

Trader Feedback: (38)

I bet the smaller company well work harder for a dollar. I have never heard about redneck racing but there seems to be alot of people standing by there transmissions so i bet they pretty good and worth a try. I think im gonna have a art carr trans built real soon.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:51 PM   #29

I would go with the Redneck c4. I loved mine and it went 5.7s in the 8th at 123. That should have been a easy 8 sec pass. That was with a 408 on a 275 shot. It performed flawlessly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement