472 BBF DOVE HEADS 2950lb race weight 9.48 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-12-2017, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
472 BBF DOVE HEADS 2950lb race weight 9.48

This is what you can do with a 472 BBF cast iron well ported porduction DOVE head motor in a almost 3000lbs car. Eat this BBC. 9.47s. car now runs 8.90s 5.60s with same CI CJ Alum. Heads flow at 400 cfm.

https://youtu.be/TCZxJaqwpAs

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-13-2017, 03:31 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
No replacement for displacement........

360 (10.5 to 1, ADPerformance SCAT 4340 assembly), FTI AFR 225, FTI Edelbrock Victor EFI, FTI Cam, Pro M 80 MM (42lb injectors), KOOKS Longtubes 1 7/8 inch to 2 inch to 3.5 inch collectors, Pro Motion TKO, FMS 4.88, Global West Suspension, ET Drags, TwEECer RT (3317 lbs with me)

10.75 @ 126.51 (best so far)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Dave
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Walt of Pro Motion Transmissions, Jack
, Brian
, Matt of SPEC clutches (
)
post #3 of 3 Old 05-18-2017, 07:21 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
Yup. My brother's got a Fairlane with a 552" BBF. So we're kinda on the same page. There's a lot to building a BBF compared to a SBF. He found out that the front oil galley plugs are an odd size. If you put in a regular 3/8 NPT plug, it blocks the intersecting passage and restricts oil flow-and tears up the bearings. That was problem #1. Fixed, now the thrust it eat up. Back together today, but using a hat injector on meth. It was running 6.30 consistently on a gas pro systems carb, and then he tried an E85 Pro Systems 4500 specifically built for this deal, went 6.28 best and honestly was all over the place depending on weather, etc. Even different gas stations. Screw the E85 crap. Went to methanol, same price, actually a little cheaper and it's consistently pure methanol unless you leave the drum open sitting out in the rain. With the hat and ram on methanol, I'm expecting to see 5.90's and consistently. SCJ Aluminum heads, and this is with a thrown together home-built C6 with nothing special in it other than a basic rebuild.

Powerglide goes in probably later this year. I'm figuring another .3 improvement or thereabouts, depending on whether or not he cheaps out on the converter.

Keep in mind that is at 3580 lbs.

They'll make some power but they have to in order to justify the weight "penalty".

What is funny, as mentioned, is that the big block chevy guys are pretty maxed out at 496". I've heard of some 509's with a 454 block but not often. I don't know on the tall deck 427" blocks but they weren't that easy to find. So if they want a 565 or whatever, they gotta ante' up to an aftermarket block. A bone stock D9 BBF block will go 574" if you want to push it, to be safe and reliable, 557". They may even go 582, I have heard of it but never seen it in person. Probably a D0VE-A block if I had to guess.

Good to see another BBF on the board. I'm staying with a SBF, light, small, makes more than enough for me. I'm only at 5.80's in the 1/8 with mine which is all I need. The street car will be a stock block 427" and the other street car is a 2.3, all 105 mad horses of it!

WTT my '92 GT for a nice clean '91-'93 2.3/T5 hatch or coupe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement