Ford Mustang Forums banner

First 1/8 passes for the 331 coupe

901 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  AnthonyDalrymple 
#1 ·
Just got back from the track first time out for this car. ran 3 consecutive 8.09 between 89-91mph. Sixty foot times between 1.89&1.94. Will get the videos from my buddy soon. I know with some tuning and driving it will get in the sevens but I am pleased for the first time out.
Combo is as follows. Coast streetfighter 331 assembled by me,edelbrock estreet 5023 heads,fti cam and springs, rpm2 intake, 3.73 gears, 5spd, 275/50/15 m/t et streets, hotchkis lca, stock uppers, no swaybar, and mm full length subframes coming this week.

#3 ·
Thanks gilroy I will work on the 60s. I drove to the track made 3 passes and made it back in 1 piece. The track is an hour away I am happy with the car it has great street manners and is a blast to drive. Got my subframes today and also I have to hunt down a driveline vibration above 70 before I go to the1/4 mile track. Besides getting my launch technique down what would you rec. For suspension upgrades? The only suspension mods are the lca. Drag lights and front swaybar removal. The front shocks are ac delco junk I thought about replacing those.
I don't know how to link the video but it's on YouTube type "red light damn" and it comes up me vs my buddys 383 el camino. He red lit and I cut a .503 light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.