New C4 is slipping - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > Drag Racing

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (24)

New C4 is slipping

Ended up being forward clutches and converter.

Last edited by PSST-GT; 08-13-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2011, 08:43 PM   #2

Trader Feedback: (29)

first, make sure your cable is 110% spot on, if you are a hair off, third will slip or eventually not engage. i had to remove the cable from the trans, (first put the car in 3rd) and make sure the lever is all the way back, then adjust the cable length to match it perfectly to where it was at. C4's a VERY touchy about this. If that is good and still having the flare at 3rd, adjust your int. band (on drover side IIRC), loosen the jam nut and trq stud to 10ft/lbs and back off 2 full rotations and tighten back down the jam nut, that should be one of your issues

Last edited by Steve03; 07-24-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #3

I'll check all that stuff but it slips in 1st 2nd and 3rd.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:51 PM   #4

Trader Feedback: (29)

start with what i gave you and get back to me, i just rebuilt my own C4 (and just traded it), very simple trans.

is the trans fluid look burnt? I like to add a bottle of lube gaurd to mine. i run Dex/Merc fluid since i streeted it, type F is good too
Old 07-24-2011, 09:08 PM   #5

The fluid smells burnt but doesn't look burnt. I'm rinning Dex/ Merc.
I'll double check the other stuff.
Thanks
Old 07-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #6

Trader Feedback: (6)

slips in low, 2nd, and hi = smoked forward clutch. I assume it doesn't slip in reverse?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:53 PM   #7

no slipping in reverse. I pulled it out today and took it to a performance tranny shop.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:29 PM   #8

Trader Feedback: (51)

Damn that sucks. I hope its something simple that can be fixed inexpensively. I have a Redneck C4 with reverse VB sitting on the floor next to the car waiting to be installed. I sure hope mines not a pos too.
87 Notch in progress
Old 07-29-2011, 07:04 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmyth View Post
Damn that sucks. I hope its something simple that can be fixed inexpensively. I have a Redneck C4 with reverse VB sitting on the floor next to the car waiting to be installed. I sure hope mines not a pos too.
Well I hope you have better luck with it than me.
I was more pissed about having to take it back out and then putting it back in when it's fixed. Not too much fun doing them on your back.lol
Old 07-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #10

Trader Feedback: (0)

Just went through my redneck c4 after 4-5 years of abuse replaced the frictions and steels new gaskets works great/make sure they replace the shifter lever seal sometimes gets overlooked. Also I know redneck puts a small freeze plug in place of the downshift rod make sure this is in there good I had mine come out and end up laying on the valvebody.
87 hatch c-4,pump gas 408w,10.61 at 128 N/A on trans brake at 4k/10.68 at 126 on footbrake flash from 1600/hoosier QTP /as it sits street legal with tags/ FTI cam 3.90 spool sounds like a kitten,thanks Ed-FTI

THAT SH-- AIN'T FAST RACING /RANGERS LEAD THE WAY RagingA$$holeNeverGetsEnoughRest
Old 07-30-2011, 08:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitblock302 View Post
Just went through my redneck c4 after 4-5 years of abuse replaced the frictions and steels new gaskets works great/make sure they replace the shifter lever seal sometimes gets overlooked. Also I know redneck puts a small freeze plug in place of the downshift rod make sure this is in there good I had mine come out and end up laying on the valvebody.
Cool Thanks for the info!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement