coilovers, what do I have? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > Drag Racing

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 10:41 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (14)

coilovers, what do I have?

My car has coilovers on the rear that were on the car when I bought it. I was told by the guy they were ground pounder but they were on it when he bought it also. The springs have ccm10x250x150 on them. Can any of you tell me what I have? The shocks are bolted to the rearend using the original shock mount brackets and hardware and the shock eye bushings are toast from holding up the weight of the car. What parts are supposed to be on the bottom end of the shock?

Last edited by GTdriver; 12-01-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2009, 01:04 AM   #2

Well I have found these heavy duty lower shock mounts. I still need info on my springs and what about the shock eye bushings? Anyone make urethane or solid bushings for lakewood shocks?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-01-2009, 07:15 AM   #3

Trader Feedback: (1)

on my car i did rear coil overs and they have like 150/2?? i was told that was a progressive spring to give u a better ride. u can see how the spring is made with the spring getting smaller and the smaller the psi raises. it may be the size of the spring in mm

Last edited by faststang90; 12-01-2009 at 07:23 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:28 AM   #4

if the rubber bushings are gone u may have to just buy new rear shocks
Old 12-01-2009, 09:34 AM   #5

I have found a little more info. The kit I have is indeed ground pounder and the ccm on the springs stands for Central Coast Mustang who I understand is out of business. I found this picture and I am missing the shock mounts, the solid bushings, and the sleeves that slide over the bottom of the shocks. Heavy duty shock mounts are no problem to find and are cheap. I assume the sleeve is just for safety because the shock looks a little weak where the eye is welded to the tube. If I just replace the shocks, the new bushings will do the same as the ones I have. I have a neighbor who has a lathe and I might get him to make some solid bushing if I can't find any. Now what does the 10x250x150 mean and will they work for drag racing?

Old 12-01-2009, 10:12 AM   #6

pm sent
Old 12-01-2009, 03:11 PM   #7

Trader Feedback: (70)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTdriver View Post
Now what does the 10x250x150 mean and will they work for drag racing?

I would be willing to bet that it means: 10" height x 2.50" inside diameter x 150lb spring rate.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #8

Quote:
I would be willing to bet that it means: 10" height x 2.50" inside diameter x 150lb spring rate.
So is that suitable for the rear on my coupe? I've found a good bit of info on front spring rates but not too much on the rear.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #9

Trader Feedback: (70)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTdriver View Post
So is that suitable for the rear on my coupe?
It's fine. You could probably run a lighter spring though-IMO.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:20 PM   #10

I'm thinking about replacing my southside uppers with the baseline street-launch setup and I need to replace the bushings in my UPR lowers (or replace the arms). I just want to make sure the coilover setup I have will work OK. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement