Ford Mustang Forums banner

need advice on rear set up

434 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  knj8 
#1 ·
Im putting together the first fox in along time. Got 90 lx hatch 4cyl car. Putting in stroked 351(383,393,408) haven't decided which yet, c-4, and an 88 thunderbird turbo coupe 8.8. I wanted to know what seems to work best as far as uppers and lowers for a low 10 sec car nat and plan to hit it with a 150-200 shot on top of that. It will still be street driven also. Thanks for any and all help with the new project. Glad to be back in a stang.

#4 ·
I have found that moving the lower mount on the housing works well. Team Z has a very nice set of adjustable lowers. Then you use standard uppers.

Tim

#5 ·
wow gray 86hatch you car sounds like exactly what i am tryin to build. I've been looking at the upr stuff. I really want to be able to street it to and just wasn't sure how the sphericals front and back would hold up. I have pretty much decided to go 408 though. any ideas on the supercoupe 8.8. should i keep te 4cyl drum brakes and get 5 lug axles or try to use disc and which axles? I dont want toscrew up the wheel offset but i got the diff for 60.00 so i couldnt pass it up.

#6 ·
I have had the solid in the housing since 01 with no issues. The upper arms are cheep I just put good rodends in them this winter. My front arms got new ends I had 1 showing a little wear after 5 years.
I have stock drums on my car. Just get 9" ends put on and have the width set up. Strange is what I prefer the quality of moser is not in the same league. Price is just a little more.
Tim

#7 ·
Thanks Tim, that meakes me feel alot better about them. My last stang had south side lift bars on it and I hate those things. I had been looking at 9in ends instead of c clip elim's already too. Any advise on the 408. I've been looking at eagle and probe stuff trying to go forged if possible just for peice of mind, vic jr heads ported and super vic intake. roller in the 620-640 range. and probably 3.73 to 4.10 gear with 4000+stall and will be adding a 150-200 shot later on.

I really appreciate the help. Thanks, Jamey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.