Mobile issues with Corral - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 04-18-2017, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
from6to8's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: charleston, sc
Posts: 2,325
Mobile issues with Corral

Anyone having issues lately with trying to access the site via mobile? It seems for the past maybe 2-3 wks I've had issues. Just sits there and keep spinning, won't access the site


95 v6 converted GT/Saleen. Ed per RPM 2, Special custom grind cam courtesy of Shaun Harrelson, TF Heads, 24 lb inj, 75 MM MA, 70 TB, Mac Shorties, Basani X, 2 cha flows. Tuned in 2014 with Chris Tuton. Much much more than what's listed here.(Wrecked in the rear and up for sale)
from6to8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 Old 05-03-2017, 02:08 PM
Registered User
 
Cougar5.O's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (7)
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 3,505
Garage
I've got the hijack thing going on with the mobile site again - could be contributing to the issue.

This site seems to often get hijacked on mobile, sometimes on my laptop too. "WARNING, your device is 28% destroyed by a virus" or some such BS. Surprised this site hasn't been blacklisted by the search engines yet.


'87 20th Anniversary Cougar - 427W coming soon -
Cougar 7.0?

2012 GT500
Cougar5.O is offline  
post #3 of 21 Old 05-03-2017, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
from6to8's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: charleston, sc
Posts: 2,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar5.O View Post
I've got the hijack thing going on with the mobile site again - could be contributing to the issue.

This site seems to often get hijacked on mobile, sometimes on my laptop too. "WARNING, your device is 28% destroyed by a virus" or some such BS. Surprised this site hasn't been blacklisted by the search engines yet.
Gotcha....
Wow
from6to8 is offline  
 
post #4 of 21 Old 05-04-2017, 09:57 AM
Administrator
 
administrator's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: .
Posts: 707
Garage
It is a rogue popup which could be caused by a bad cookie.

Please provide a screenshot of the popup, or the URL of it so we can get it blocked.

Also, clear your cookies.

Thanks,
- JB


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
administrator is offline  
post #5 of 21 Old 05-04-2017, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
from6to8's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: charleston, sc
Posts: 2,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
It is a rogue popup which could be caused by a bad cookie.

Please provide a screenshot of the popup, or the URL of it so we can get it blocked.

Also, clear your cookies.

Thanks,
- JB
I have not gotten any kind of virus or error msg or anything like that but here's a screenshot of what it's been doing. I just cleared browsing and cache...

also it asked me if I want to get Tapatalk sometimes when I exit mobile version and get the desktop version on my phone should I get Tapatalk?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_20170504-105135.png (842.6 KB, 7 views)
from6to8 is offline  
post #6 of 21 Old 05-04-2017, 04:42 PM
Administrator
 
administrator's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: .
Posts: 707
Garage
If you want. Tapatalk is an app for forum browsing. It's got it's fans and it's opponents.

In any case, what browser is that? And what kind of phone do you have?

Kevin


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
administrator is offline  
post #7 of 21 Old 05-04-2017, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
from6to8's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: charleston, sc
Posts: 2,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
If you want. Tapatalk is an app for forum browsing. It's got it's fans and it's opponents.

In any case, what browser is that? And what kind of phone do you have?

Kevin
chrome

galaxy 6

I usually like responding via laptop for things that can wait as it's so much easier. For hot topic stuff I'll reply via phone if I'm not driving. If I'm driving and depending on how important, then I'll respond using speech to text .
You just often have to edit though and even editing doesn't want to work on mobile for me seems like

maybe the desktop version on mobile will allow me to

95 v6 converted GT/Saleen. Ed per RPM 2, Special custom grind cam courtesy of Shaun Harrelson, TF Heads, 24 lb inj, 75 MM MA, 70 TB, Mac Shorties, Basani X, 2 cha flows. Tuned in 2014 with Chris Tuton. Much much more than what's listed here.(Wrecked in the rear and up for sale)
from6to8 is offline  
post #8 of 21 Old 05-05-2017, 10:19 AM
Administrator
 
administrator's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: .
Posts: 707
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by from6to8 View Post
chrome

galaxy 6

I usually like responding via laptop for things that can wait as it's so much easier. For hot topic stuff I'll reply via phone if I'm not driving. If I'm driving and depending on how important, then I'll respond using speech to text .
You just often have to edit though and even editing doesn't want to work on mobile for me seems like

maybe the desktop version on mobile will allow me to


select your post and then tap on the pencil icon to edit.

Lee


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
administrator is offline  
post #9 of 21 Old 05-05-2017, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
from6to8's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: charleston, sc
Posts: 2,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post


select your post and then tap on the pencil icon to edit.

Lee
thanks for the informative pictures and everything. Yeah that's what I've been doing and it still did not work but maybe next time I'll use the desktop version instead of the mobile version and it may work. Cleared the cache the other day also so that may help

95 v6 converted GT/Saleen. Ed per RPM 2, Special custom grind cam courtesy of Shaun Harrelson, TF Heads, 24 lb inj, 75 MM MA, 70 TB, Mac Shorties, Basani X, 2 cha flows. Tuned in 2014 with Chris Tuton. Much much more than what's listed here.(Wrecked in the rear and up for sale)
from6to8 is offline  
post #10 of 21 Old 05-05-2017, 10:26 AM
Registered User
 
ryheed's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: St. louis, MO
Posts: 62
the whole site went down the other day. I checked it on, is it down. It was running really slow last week. I turned off all of my ad blockers and it took forever to load.

ryheed is offline  
post #11 of 21 Old 05-05-2017, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
from6to8's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: charleston, sc
Posts: 2,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryheed View Post
the whole site went down the other day. I checked it on, is it down. It was running really slow last week. I turned off all of my ad blockers and it took forever to load.
Yeah I've noticed issues with it sometimes before also where I had to refresh and refresh and sometimes it still did not come right back up took a little while and that was on the laptop

95 v6 converted GT/Saleen. Ed per RPM 2, Special custom grind cam courtesy of Shaun Harrelson, TF Heads, 24 lb inj, 75 MM MA, 70 TB, Mac Shorties, Basani X, 2 cha flows. Tuned in 2014 with Chris Tuton. Much much more than what's listed here.(Wrecked in the rear and up for sale)
from6to8 is offline  
post #12 of 21 Old 05-05-2017, 03:24 PM
Community Manager/Admin
 
AG Jeff's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 79
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryheed View Post
the whole site went down the other day. I checked it on, is it down. It was running really slow last week. I turned off all of my ad blockers and it took forever to load.
Heya,

They could have been working on some stuff in the back end, next time it happens do a logout/in and document the time and thread here so we can try to track it.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff M

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

If you need Admin assistance please post here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AG Jeff is offline  
post #13 of 21 Old 05-07-2017, 08:29 PM
Registered User
 
ryheed's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: St. louis, MO
Posts: 62
the time last time it went down was 5 days 7 hours ago as of right now.
Corral.net - Is Corral Down Right Now?
ryheed is offline  
post #14 of 21 Old 05-08-2017, 01:00 PM
Administrator
 
administrator's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: .
Posts: 707
Garage
As Jeff mentioned, there could've been some maintenance work being done in the back end during that time. Are you still experiencing the slowness as of right now? Is it through out the whole site or only within certain sections that appears to be slower than others? Does the slowness persist if you try on another browser/device?

After those testings, let us know and we'll go from there. Thank you for your patience and cooperation on this matter.

Cheers,
Natalie

Testing edit


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
administrator is offline  
post #15 of 21 Old 05-09-2017, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
from6to8's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: charleston, sc
Posts: 2,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
As Jeff mentioned, there could've been some maintenance work being done in the back end during that time. Are you still experiencing the slowness as of right now? Is it through out the whole site or only within certain sections that appears to be slower than others? Does the slowness persist if you try on another browser/device?

After those testings, let us know and we'll go from there. Thank you for your patience and cooperation on this matter.

Cheers,
Natalie
I haven't gotten an PM in awhile so I can't really comment on the PM side in which I seemed to have issues. As to editing something from mobile, I think I did have trouble last week when I tried to edit something. Clicking on the pencil, nothing happened. I did click on a tab to the left and went to the desktop version or either the full site version and it seemed to work much much better overall and ofcourse I could manage attachments and such.

95 v6 converted GT/Saleen. Ed per RPM 2, Special custom grind cam courtesy of Shaun Harrelson, TF Heads, 24 lb inj, 75 MM MA, 70 TB, Mac Shorties, Basani X, 2 cha flows. Tuned in 2014 with Chris Tuton. Much much more than what's listed here.(Wrecked in the rear and up for sale)
from6to8 is offline  
post #16 of 21 Old 05-10-2017, 10:12 AM
Administrator
 
administrator's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: .
Posts: 707
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by from6to8 View Post
I haven't gotten an PM in awhile so I can't really comment on the PM side in which I seemed to have issues. As to editing something from mobile, I think I did have trouble last week when I tried to edit something. Clicking on the pencil, nothing happened. I did click on a tab to the left and went to the desktop version or either the full site version and it seemed to work much much better overall and ofcourse I could manage attachments and such.
when you went to edit in mobile mode, did it ask you to give a reason why you are editing?

Lee


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
administrator is offline  
post #17 of 21 Old 05-10-2017, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
from6to8's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: charleston, sc
Posts: 2,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
when you went to edit in mobile mode, did it ask you to give a reason why you are editing?

Lee
Just went back to my email, clicked on the link to take me to the site and it now takes me to the desktop mode it seems like. So of course I have all the features and capabilities as I have on my laptop. Not sure rather it's because the last few times I've went to the desktop mode or not. I think there was an option to exit enhanced mobile mode or something like that.

I was just going to try and do what you just asked me and see what it did but it took me to desktop mode upon clicking on the link.

95 v6 converted GT/Saleen. Ed per RPM 2, Special custom grind cam courtesy of Shaun Harrelson, TF Heads, 24 lb inj, 75 MM MA, 70 TB, Mac Shorties, Basani X, 2 cha flows. Tuned in 2014 with Chris Tuton. Much much more than what's listed here.(Wrecked in the rear and up for sale)
from6to8 is offline  
post #18 of 21 Old 05-11-2017, 09:43 AM
Administrator
 
administrator's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: .
Posts: 707
Garage
On your phone, if you scroll to the very bottom of the page. There should be a button you can press that says "Use Enhanced mobile view". once you click that it'll bring to back to the EMV to test the edit feature.

Niall


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
administrator is offline  
post #19 of 21 Old 05-11-2017, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
from6to8's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: charleston, sc
Posts: 2,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
On your phone, if you scroll to the very bottom of the page. There should be a button you can press that says "Use Enhanced mobile view". once you click that it'll bring to back to the EMV to test the edit feature.

Niall
Just tried it and it's working now..

95 v6 converted GT/Saleen. Ed per RPM 2, Special custom grind cam courtesy of Shaun Harrelson, TF Heads, 24 lb inj, 75 MM MA, 70 TB, Mac Shorties, Basani X, 2 cha flows. Tuned in 2014 with Chris Tuton. Much much more than what's listed here.(Wrecked in the rear and up for sale)
from6to8 is offline  
post #20 of 21 Old 05-11-2017, 03:06 PM
Administrator
 
administrator's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: .
Posts: 707
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by from6to8 View Post
Just tried it and it's working now..
Glad to hear.

Also note that if you are out of EMV and cannot get back into it, you can clear your browsers cookies and it will return it to that state.

- JB


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
administrator is offline  
post #21 of 21 Old 05-11-2017, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
from6to8's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: charleston, sc
Posts: 2,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Glad to hear.

Also note that if you are out of EMV and cannot get back into it, you can clear your browsers cookies and it will return it to that state.

- JB
cool sounds good.

Thanks

95 v6 converted GT/Saleen. Ed per RPM 2, Special custom grind cam courtesy of Shaun Harrelson, TF Heads, 24 lb inj, 75 MM MA, 70 TB, Mac Shorties, Basani X, 2 cha flows. Tuned in 2014 with Chris Tuton. Much much more than what's listed here.(Wrecked in the rear and up for sale)
from6to8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome