Ford Mustang Forums banner

Do Not buy from Garrett98 Liar and thief!!! Long sorry

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK 
6K views 49 replies 18 participants last post by  DuffManRHA 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought an A4 block that came with crank and rods from this dude after asking alot of questions. I should have never done the deal with a guy with no feedback. I will own that but I figured if there was an issue I could file a claim with my CC company.

I want to lay out the reason for the delay in getting this posted sooner. First it took almost a month to get everything. Granted the big storm you guys in the Southeast had in early January was a biggie. Second, I got injured at work and was off on WC with two herniated discs in my neck and it wasnt until Late Feb when I was cleared to go back to work and lift heavy, etc.

When block arrived everything looked very good. I immediately discovered however the block was bored to .060 not .040. I texted him and got a response of "What?? You serious?....Im gonna call the guy he said it was .040 when he bought it from him".

The hole work was nice and done well so I just decided that I would get the .060 pistons and deal with it. The deck was square and had been finished at some point but not fresh. The mains looked good too with fresh crosshatch but at the time I was physically a mess and did not mic the bores.

When I got healthy enough to get everything to Woody, It was Feb 27 and when I dropped the rotating assembly for balance his balancer was down and he was waiting to fix it and I would be in line. I was fine with that and then mid April Woody called and said the assembly wouldnt balance because the crank had been lightened so much. He then said the rods (rods got in this sale) were jacked up on the pin end. Half were .912 and half .927 ??? He then said he would try going neutral and later no dice.

So then I had to buy a crank and rods from Woody after wasting $100 on pin sizing. After getting all the parts he balanced everything and I came and got everything.

I began the assembly and after checking the bearings and clearances, thats when I found the mains were not done and were off. Here were the results,
main 1:.001
2:.001
3:.0065

I contacted this dude and he responded with "Okay...." after I told him my bearing clearance results with pictures. I then told him the block was back at the machine shop and would need line bore and caps possibly shaved after they mic'd the mains. I texted him and nothing....however nice thing about iphones is his phone said the texts were delivered and read with time stamp. I told him I was not going to pay and clearly he lied when I originally asked him questions as well as in his ad. I gave him a final notice just before drafting this and nothing. Guys like this who sell stuff that are lying need to be publicly announced. In the meantime, I filed a charge back with Mastercard and am asking for partial refund to cover the work.

Edward Brogden with email brogdenew@gmail.com. He has another negative feedback from a member, wish I would have waited abit before giving him my intial feedback. Thanks guys for taking the time to read, just wanted to keep anyone else from losing $$ to this loser.

See less See more
#7 ·
That would be impossible for me to answer, it needs weight added for sure. My pistons were 477 grams as opposed to say 350-375 gram weight on Probes out there. Once Woody said it was going to need ballpark $500 worth of welding I decided to just go with different crank, especially since that was just an estimate not counting the rest of the balance work.

#9 ·
This is why I purchased a new DIY kit from Woody...took more time to budget that into my crap pay from the military. But I know now my heads, cam, and short block will literally be near perfect and should run forever unless I kill it being stupid.

I hope you get this resolved, been burned before on parts and it sucks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#13 · (Edited)
Lost the credit card dispute due to time....after getting the block mains squared up, got the shortblock together and the pistons are out of the holes .030-032. So now get to rectify this through you guessed it more money. I guess I am the exact horror story no one wants to be. All the questions, emails every answer this guy gave was a flat out lie.

Oh and it was discovered the block was half filled too?? This thing is like a hot chick with herpes.

#14 ·
sue him in small claims court.

I sent u a PM.

#16 · (Edited)
I bought a boost brothers turbo kit from this guy he is stand up! I did not get the vbands and he ordered new ones and had them drop shipped all I can say is thats part of the gamble you run buying used parts! Good luck with your build! :salute:
Are you kidding? You are comparing flipping $16 V bands to an engine block???

2 out of the 3 guys he has had dealings with got screwed.....so he is stand up?????????????:lol:

#18 ·
Sucks, yea that why I buy new...been there before. It sucks!

#24 ·
from that add I'd be pissed to, though the freshly machined block and cut crank would have me asking for paper work ect.. but I've been burned in the past to. The .040 over turning into .060 and the ""What?? You serious?....Im gonna call the guy he said it was .040 when he bought it from him". would just confirm its someone flipping ####. I've learned from playing with these cars all these years flippers will saying anything to sell #### and have no problem blaming someone else, theres also a ton of them local to me. If anything like thats pops again just go right ahead and dispute it then and there don't let them eat up time until you can't do anything about it.

Sucks when your trying to work on a budget and it gets eaten up by someone bull####ing to make a sale. Good luck with the build.

#23 ·
No im not kidding,Yes im comparing $85 ×3 vbands because its the principal! I think you should have protected your investment better even if what your saying is true:bs:
This is about purposely misleading info , what about V bands could one possibly misrepresent???? We are talking about 6x the amount of $$$ involved in your sale so go post elsewhere with your apples to oranges comparison. If no one believes me I am happy to post the machine shop paperwork is that enough for you ? Why would anyone defend this kind of behavior on here is shocking to me wow

#22 ·
Should have bought a jy ls:eek:

But in all seriousness you took a gamble buying used. Another thing is the other guy never run this motor so that to me would have made me hesitant. I've got over 5k in my motor alone. I could have bought used for half the price but wanted the peace of mind of a fresh built motor. Good luck with the rest of your build though. I hope it lasts you a very long time once it's together.

#27 ·
Looks like I am taking a trip to North Carolina to have a small claims case heard. He keeps saying "sold as is, as he was told...no warranty. Bought it on racingjunk and just going off what Im told"

Told him if he is so confident then lets see what the magistrate says when he sees his orignal ad compared to what he says now. Apparently he wants to turn $478 in machine shop bills into $1500 to cover travel expenses. Im ready to go all in now just to wipe this dudes face up.

#28 ·
Feedback that he sent after he recieved parts. Quote: Block was .060 rather than .040 but did not matter really because machining to all parts was excellent

Everyone please go look at the feedback this guy left me when he bought the items he did from me, why was the parts excellent and a great guy to deal with but 5 months later its all terrible. No i will not refund him money after 5 months, and as for the other guy it was a o ring on a injector that was missing and i tried to get the company who makes the injector to send 2 sets.He claims he never recieved them, i wouldnt know because i had them shipped directly to him and never recieved a tracking number.

I got this crank and rods in a package deal with an A4 block. I took them to Woody with my pistons and we could not get them to balance with my heavy pistons due to the lightning work that was done to the crank. He said it ran a very light setup so it was going to take alot of heavy metal to be put back in and it just was not going to be cost effective. He said the quality of work was very good. I had him hone the rods to accept .927 pins and thats about it.

The Crank and Rods i sold him is now for sale, but for some reason woody says its top notch?

Crank is RPM Forged dark gray part #DG3-302DAF, it has been cut .020 rods and mains .010 with a bobweight of 1395.(all engraved digitally on snout) The crank is really nice, Woody said most of the weight was milled off the counterweight edges with mirror shine.
$250
Rods are 5.4" and have no brand on them but are in nice shape with big ends mic'd 2.240" and have ARP 8740 bolts.
$250

Also not my fault he ordered the wrong pistons, i agree i advertised it as a .040 block and it was a .060 which will throw the weight off, but as stated above he had no problems with it at time of sale. Had he had a problem with it it could have been dealt with then, not 5 months later!

Quote: "keep in mind most of the reason this crank and rods wouldnt work was because of my heavy custom Racetec pistons. If I wouldve known they weighed 477 g I wouldve never ordered them."

#30 ·
Lmao....you finally show your face in here and post up nothing but smoke screens to divert any responsiblilty. How bout you answer my attorney's letter and man up eh? Nah youre a little boy about to get taken to school in court if you think otherwise. Ill be glad to spend the cash to come down there and then place a lien on you along with anything you own. Look it up, thats probably too complicated for you to understand since you cannot even comprehend what the right thing even looks like.

I clearly posted the truth about my situation.....your name is dirt around here with that retort of yours.

#29 ·
Typical... folks, don't buy anything, let alone an engine, from someone with less than 100 posts (most of which are in classifieds) and has no feedback.

OP - post up his full name, phone number, address, everything so that it will be cached both here and on Google, so when someone does a search for anyone of those pieces of data on Google, this thread will pop up. Since this douchebag is sticking with the "nothing was wrong at the time of sale, derrr" then sharing his info for being such a great seller should be no problem.

#34 ·
"No i will not refund him money after 5 months, and as for the other guy it was a o ring on a injector that was missing and i tried to get the company who makes the injector to send 2 sets."

This is what he posted in his other for sale trade ad......

I never asked you for a refund, only that you pay for what it cost me to actually make the block "machined and ready to go...." Apparently there is some confusion out there about what a block should be when its said it is "machined and ready to go"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.