Anybody ever have custom T-tops installed on an SN-95 Body style? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > The Body Shop

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2006, 07:52 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (3)

Anybody ever have custom T-tops installed on an SN-95 Body style?

Just curious as to whether anyone has ever had a custom T-top fabricated to their 94-98 Mustang, I was interested in this, as I think the right car would look pretty good with T-tops although I have no idea how much it would cost. To anyone who has had it done, please provide pics and information about pricing and such, and to any body shop owners, what is a rough estimate on how much it would cost?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2006, 08:58 PM   #2

Trader Feedback: (0)

I don't think it would be a good idea
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashN
I don't think it would be a good idea
Why not
Old 07-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #4

Trader Feedback: (5)

A Targa top would look better and costs about 1600 complete (excluding installation costs). I saw one floating around somewhere and recently saw a car done in some mustang mag.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:20 PM   #5

I thought about a targa top.... but from the picture in my head I think the T-tops would look more tasteful. And 1600? What all does that include? I mean I would think for a targa top, they would cut out the middle section or whatever you want, then fit the lining in and do it custom, then just fit brackets the the center piece that was cut out and do it that way possibly?
Old 07-11-2006, 11:41 PM   #6

not a bad Idea unlike the fox the sn-95 was designed without a top (structurally) I remember reading when the sn-95's hit they were bragging about that it was a car that was designed as a convertible first and the top was added.(this allowed the convertible to be just as strong of a Car unlike the foxes that the Conv was an after thought.)
I guess you could do it and it doesnt seem that hard to do, would think that truck mags would be the best resource for it because there are alot of mini truck companies that do it.
95 GTS: Vortech V2-SQ, Nitrous works Nitrous Kit,Optima Battery,TFS Heads,Old Style SVO intake,1/2 in Spacer,70mm TB,77mm Pro-M,Stage 1 Cam, Scorpion Rockers,Mahle Pistons,Cometic Gaskets, SFI Balancer, Canton Pan,4R70W Wide Ratio Swap,Precision industries custom 9" 2750 stall converter, BBK Shorty's,DrGas X-pipe,Mac Pro-Dumps,Hotchkis LCA's,Steeda UCA's Eibach Drag-Launch Springs/Bag, Racecraft Rear Shocks,QA1 Tubular K, 03 Cobra Cont Arms,Strange adj Struts,00 Cobra R Tie Rod Ends,PBR Brakes, Moroso Solid Mounts,Kenny Brown Subs. UPR Pullies,Crane Hi6,SW Guages,Nitto drags 275/40/17's Pretty much everything ARP and Energy Suspension make. much much more I forgot about.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:52 AM   #7

Trader Feedback: (2)

I know the C5 Corvette was designed as a vert first. I've never heard that the SN95 was designed as such. The verts have added braces that make me think that is not the case.

If you look in truck mags, start with the mini truck mags. I subscribe to Truckin which is primarily a full size truck mag. I've never seen an ad for T-top conversions. Although, I've never looked for one.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:52 AM   #8

Trader Feedback: (5)

search for mustang targa tops, and that will pull up a few results. check em out. i remember mustang tuning used to carry one.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:29 PM   #9

Trader Feedback: (46)

I always thought it would be cool to have a targa top in my fox body.
Jim
**Member of the 2-piece Stock Block Club**
Old 07-12-2006, 06:23 PM   #10

So really none has ever looked at getting T-tops? I wonder if it is possible that it has never been done, and if that is so, I will most likely look into it when I get an SN-95, the world's first T-topped Sn-95, that'd be pretty unique. Targa Tops aren't bad, but I think I rather have T.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:06 AM   #11

T-tops suck...... Look cool yes, I have had mine for 10 yers now, First car, bla bla, anyway, They leak water in car washes, loud on the high way, allways rains when you leave them at home, I can go on for days, its a fox body but thought i would add this in.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:56 AM   #12

Trader Feedback: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
...I wonder if it is possible that it has never been done...
Anything is possible with enough cash and time. I suggest getting the targa top and modifying it into T-tops. It would be the quickest and easiest (read cheapest) way to do it IMO. In short - Install targa top, weld in brace in the middle from front to rear, add weatherstrip, split the targa top and finish the cuts, pray it doesn't leak.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath
Anything is possible with enough cash and time. I suggest getting the targa top and modifying it into T-tops. It would be the quickest and easiest (read cheapest) way to do it IMO. In short - Install targa top, weld in brace in the middle from front to rear, add weatherstrip, split the targa top and finish the cuts, pray it doesn't leak.
You misunderstood, I know it's possible, as most anything is with enough money, but I was pondering whether it would be possible that it has NEVER been done before. As for leaking and such, I don't have much experience with T-tops but couldn't you just put them in the trunk in case of rain? As for leakage I know quite a few who have and or have them and as long as you lube them a few times a year, you can keep them from leaking, as for being loud on the highway, some people complain about that, but I love the outside noise, I drive around with the top down, every chance I get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement