Removing fox body interior help! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > The Body Shop

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2003, 09:51 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

Removing fox body interior help!

Im trying to remove my center console, glove box, under the steering wheel....but i can get the center console out...any help? I got the 2 screws under the shift boot and I cant free the back of it.

http://www.sddsm.org/pages/cars/sean/stang/stang.htm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2003, 10:04 PM   #2

There should be 2 8mm headed bolts per side in the rear under the long oval covers. That'll get the armrest out of the way and show another pair of screws. The shifter bezel will come off as well and a couple more there. The center piece will come off first and you should be able to see what's up then.

It's been a while since I've had one out but that should hopefully help some...I hope.:;
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-21-2003, 02:39 PM   #3

just like he said...
at the very rear of the center console, on each side, there are oval shaped plugs. pop them out and look inside. (1) you'll see two bolts on each side. once you remove them, you can take off the arm rest. (2) you'll see a couple more screws keeping the console in place. (3) once you remove them, you'll be able to remove the top half of the center console, at which time you have to unplug the cigarette lighter and possibly side view mirror selector (if equipped). once you unplug them, you should be able to completely remove the top half of the console. then with some finessing, you can remove the lower half of the console.
Old 04-21-2003, 04:15 PM   #4

I got the top half off, now the lower piece that goes all the way back and around the shifter is still there....helo me out with that one =)

http://www.sddsm.org/pages/cars/sean/stang/stang.htm
Old 04-21-2003, 05:07 PM   #5

Should be 2 screws under where the armrest was. 2 you get at with the glove box door down and you need to remove the lower dash cover under the steering column. There are another pair under there I believe.

Grab and wiggle, see where it's hung up and look for more fasteners
Old 04-21-2003, 09:29 PM   #6

again what he said. 2 screws can be gotten to when you take off the glove box door. 2 more screws on opposite side can be gotten to when you remove the plastic piece under the steering column.
Old 04-21-2003, 09:38 PM   #7

Sponsored Links
Advertisement