Passanger A Pillar rust 1991 hatch - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By cu racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-17-2017, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Garage
Passanger A Pillar rust 1991 hatch

Has rust on A Pillar, getting quotes now to have it fixed.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1505.jpg (93.8 KB, 51 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-22-2017, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Going rate seem to be between $1000 to $1500 to fix.

post #3 of 7 Old 03-22-2017, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage

post #4 of 7 Old 03-26-2017, 11:55 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
The surface rust is faily easy to fix, its the rust in between the layers of sheet metal is what is hard to fix. The body shop will almost need to do exploratory surgery to see how bad the rust is to determine if you will need those parts off of eBay. Did the body shop say they would need additional sheet metal to repair your rust?
Gixxer2k4 likes this.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-26-2017, 05:35 PM
Corral Elite Member

Exploratory surgery is the best route. I am attempting a similar repair as yours. I knew at the base of the A-pillar where all the panels come together and the cowl had some rot but I assumed that behind the door hinges did too but they didnt. A bit of surface rust and that was all. The cowl and up by the windshield is keeping me busy enough but mine near the hinges wasnt bubbling thru nearly as bad as yours. Good luck with it. Rust sucks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170311_171905.jpg (60.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 20170312_142001.jpg (108.6 KB, 29 views)

SD,302,Stkheads/cam,70mmTB,GT40Intake,PMCobraT5,Triax,3:73,BBKEqu, H-Pipe,155Lph,MMAdjLRCA,StkUppers,BilHDRear,MMFLSubs , Front MMCCPlates,MMCoilOv's,BilHD's
post #6 of 7 Old 04-18-2017, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cu racing View Post
The surface rust is faily easy to fix, its the rust in between the layers of sheet metal is what is hard to fix. The body shop will almost need to do exploratory surgery to see how bad the rust is to determine if you will need those parts off of eBay. Did the body shop say they would need additional sheet metal to repair your rust?
Didn't say I needed them right away but I picked them up for insurance. If needed the car won't have to sit waiting on locating parts. Hoping its not worse once they look into it. Waiting on the funds right now to drop it off. Hopefully in the next month I can do it.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-18-2017, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachipsta2004 View Post
Exploratory surgery is the best route. I am attempting a similar repair as yours. I knew at the base of the A-pillar where all the panels come together and the cowl had some rot but I assumed that behind the door hinges did too but they didnt. A bit of surface rust and that was all. The cowl and up by the windshield is keeping me busy enough but mine near the hinges wasnt bubbling thru nearly as bad as yours. Good luck with it. Rust sucks.
I hit mine with a flat head and it went all the way through. Hoping mines not worse once cut open.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement