1994-1998 Mustang FRONT WIND SPLITTER? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > The Body Shop

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (3)

Lightbulb 1994-1998 Mustang FRONT WIND SPLITTER?

Hey guys, I just pulled my Mach 1 chin spoiler the other day on my '94 GT because it just doesn't belong imo. It looks funny to me, so I was gonna do something more aggressive and get a Boss Shinoda chin spoiler. My car is lowered but after I just had my bullitts painted the other day and got 'em back the front end still looks a little high. I'm thinking of dropping it a little shorter in the front. If I do this, that Boss chin spoiler will probably get ate up just driving around, not to mention the pain to get it in the air to do mechanical work.

SO! I am looking at front wind splitters. They're cheaper and to me they look mean as hell. My question is, has anyone seen a wind splitter on a 94-98 stock bumper or does anyone have any pictures of this? I see 'em all the time on the 05+ Stangs and they look really clean. I'm talking about a universal fiberglass one and putting the two rods on the front. They're just an added lip so it won't be a big deal if I drop the front a little more and since they're universal, I could make it stick out a lot or just a little bit for a not so gaudy look.

Here's a link.. Don't mind the bumper its mocked up on.. Also I'd appreciate it if people didn't come in saying derogatory things as this is my car and I like it to stand out a little.

102224 Extreme Dimensions Wind Splitters - Fiberglass for 94-98 Ford Mustang at Andy's Auto Sport
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #2

Very recent image of my car.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:59 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (5)

TO be perfectly honest, i kinda dig it.... I was expecting it to look like the two piece design similar to those found on sn95 roushes, in which case i dont think i would personally go for it. But i think your definately on to something here, and i say go for it... Does it come with the rods or are those sold seperately?

Please do us all a favor and post some pics if u end up getting it... Oh and i personally like them painted to match the car, but like you said and i completely agree with your comment, "this is indeed your car, so set it up to be whatever it is that YOU want it to be...".

Great looking car by the way...look forward to seeing how it looks

Sean
Stock Block, Twisted Wedge's Minor stage1 port & polish, w/ complete TFS valvetrain 1.6" rockers, F303, Street Heat, S-trim (stock pulleys all around)and (stock bypass), AFM powerpipe--saw 10psi at 5800...MAC 1 5/8" shorties, o/r H-pipe, catback.
New Combo in the Works, Gross Net: alot of F*ckin Headaches
Same stock lower end and heads, Undecided headgaskets, and/or O-Ringed or not, New Custom Jay Allen Camshaft (ground specifically for TFS-R Manifold, K-motion Valve springs, possibly new 10-rib set-up (to achieve max impellar speed at 5800-6000 rpm, and possibly some L/T's (1 3/4" to 3" collector and mid-pipe) and a Mondo Bypass
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-trimmed View Post
TO be perfectly honest, i kinda dig it.... I was expecting it to look like the two piece design similar to those found on sn95 roushes, in which case i dont think i would personally go for it. But i think your definately on to something here, and i say go for it... Does it come with the rods or are those sold seperately?

Please do us all a favor and post some pics if u end up getting it... Oh and i personally like them painted to match the car, but like you said and i completely agree with your comment, "this is indeed your car, so set it up to be whatever it is that YOU want it to be...".

Great looking car by the way...look forward to seeing how it looks

Sean
I honestly can't decide if I want to do it.. I just have a weird feeling it won't look right since the stock GT bumper kind of slopes upward, not too mention it might look kind of ricey Still, I can't decide on that either. The one I put up is just the splitter itself and the rods are like 40 bucks or something. Keep in mind this is a fiberglass splitter that is flat. The roush ones were definately ugly and weren't really splitters that I know of. They looked like an added split lip that is there for looks.

I searched and searched and still.. Can't find anyone who has even tried putting one on these cars. I see 'em all the time on the newer models and they look alright.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement