red tweed interior with black carpet? pics?ideas on it? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > The Body Shop

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 11:43 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (9)

red tweed interior with black carpet? pics?ideas on it?

My project is getting close to the point where i will be installing all the interior components, including a new carpet. The interior will be all red tweed seats with red console and then the sail panels have black around the quarter window and the a pillar covers are also black along with part of the dash. Either way im getting a new carpet, but recently ive though black might look nice instead of the original color to match the seats.

What do you all think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2010, 01:43 AM   #2

Trader Feedback: (2)

I think it would look really good. many new cars have black carpet no matter what the rest of the interior. If you end up not liking it, re-sell the black carpet and put in red.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-16-2010, 10:20 AM   #3

Trader Feedback: (8)

I just swapped out my interior. It was all red with a 2 tone red/black dash. I installed black carpet, black headliner, black seats, black package tray, and the rest I left red. It looks real good. I am going to have the door panels made so they will be 2 tone also... I will try to get some pics of it today and post them later.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigaria View Post
I just swapped out my interior. It was all red with a 2 tone red/black dash. I installed black carpet, black headliner, black seats, black package tray, and the rest I left red. It looks real good. I am going to have the door panels made so they will be 2 tone also... I will try to get some pics of it today and post them later.
that sounds like it would come together very nicely but ive got a mint red tweed interior i plan on using and the headliner is still in the car and red as well...i think i may just go with black and sell if i dont like it
Old 06-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #5

Trader Feedback: (1)

http://picasaweb.google.com/gseven2d...38648263971682

Like this.
5-lug conversion, 17x9 bullets - ALL being assembled.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-17-2010, 01:24 AM   #6

thanks mike, i like the look of it so ill give it a shot with my red interior and see how it goes. do you all think i should keep the red sill plates?
Old 06-17-2010, 10:52 AM   #7

Trader Feedback: (1)

I have billet aluminum but they are not installed yet.
5-lug conversion, 17x9 bullets - ALL being assembled.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #8

Trader Feedback: (2)

I say go for it. I would also do the black headliner and visors too. I did these back in the day and they came out great.
94 Oxford White GT. 18" Saleen wheels with BFG Drag Radials. Vortech S-Trim, etc. 89 Oxford White Notchback. Chrome Pony Wheels, Full exhaust, Pulleys, yadda yadda yadda, 94 GT Vert (Stockish cruiser)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement