Ford Mustang Forums banner

Eastwood co. Ceramic Header Coating

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MYLITTLEHO 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried the ceramic coating kit from Eastwood? Was thinking of trying it....Anyone ever have any luck with it? High temp powder coating crossed my mind but the heat ratings is around 1,000 deg, so I don't think it would hold up... Eastwood says their ceramic coating is good to 1,300 deg. I know you can have them coated professionally but would like to save a few bucks if I can

#2 ·
a guy on my lightning forum used it on his GEN 1 lightning, he races regularly, has an N/A 351, has had the coating for a couple years, said it still looks good! No personal experience, tho

#3 · (Edited)
Also check out POR-20 They make a header paint too that looks really nice.. years and years ago I saw someone spray a set of longtubes and it looked FLAWLESS!!!

also Duplicolor makes a highheat with ceramic.. good to 1200* I used it on my valvecovers and intake.. I used DH 1606 High Heat Aluminum.. very chiny at first but it matts a little.. Holds up VERY WELL.. just make sure the headers are clean and use a good etching primer..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.