DVD radio/tv in my 03 Yukon - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > Audio

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

DVD radio/tv in my 03 Yukon

Ok guys help me here. I have a JVC kw avx 810 dvd/radio player and I want to take out the factory radio and install this. It has a Bose system in there so I'm sure there are factory amps am I correct? If there are, would I need to leave the speakers, ( 4 speakers and 2 tweeters) hooked up via the amps and also run them to the speaker wires on the JVC?

My gut is telling me no lol and to just run them to the JVC. I'm thinking the jvc shoule power them just as good if not better. I see the jvc only has 4 speaker outs though so would be able to tie in the 2 tweeters with the 2 front speakers and if so would they be fine in parallel?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2010, 11:36 PM   #2

Trader Feedback: (13)

Be prepared to spend some money. If you want to keep the onstar you will need an harness adapter for that. You will also need a adapter harness to integrate the bose and imitate the data bus of the factory radio that harness alone will be over 100 bucks. You will also need a dash kit and an antenna adapter. All in all with keeping the onstar you can expect to spend somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 to 250 for all the parts.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96gtsofttop View Post
Be prepared to spend some money. If you want to keep the onstar you will need an harness adapter for that. You will also need a adapter harness to integrate the bose and imitate the data bus of the factory radio that harness alone will be over 100 bucks. You will also need a dash kit and an antenna adapter. All in all with keeping the onstar you can expect to spend somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 to 250 for all the parts.
its actually my brothers and not sure if it even has onstar. Does all of them come with it?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-08-2010, 02:49 AM   #4

Yea they all have onstar. Also being an 03 it will be data retention. Basically what happens if you remove the stock radio it can cause a lot of things in the insturment cluster to go haywire. When I was still doing car audio just the data retintion harness was like 150. It will prob be more since you also need to be able to integrate the bose system also. The data retention harness imitates what the factory radio did so as to keep everything in the cluster working properly. Unfortunatley on the newer GM vehicles like that a radio swap gets pricey real fast.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:53 AM   #5

Also you are gonna want to integrate the bose. If you don't he will lose the sub that's located under the front of the center console. Also bypassing the bose is a pita.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Also you are gonna want to integrate the bose. If you don't he will lose the sub that's located under the front of the center console. Also bypassing the bose is a pita.
Ok i will let him know all of that and see if he can even get the harness adapter as the radio he has, there is no plug on it, no harness just the wires.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:05 AM   #7

You may want to reasarch the jvc he has. It should have a wiring harness that plugs into the back of it. If it dosent then it may have had a seperate brain box that had all the rca and speaker outputs on it as well as any a/v inputs and possible outputs.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:46 AM   #8

Quote:
You may want to reasarch the jvc he has. It should have a wiring harness that plugs into the back of it. If it dosent then it may have had a seperate brain box that had all the rca and speaker outputs on it as well as any a/v inputs and possible outputs.
yes it actually does have all of the a/v inputs and outs and stuff as well as a harness that plugs into it if not both harness plugging into both . I guess the one that he would buy would possibly plug right from the factory setup into the back of the radio
Old 08-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #9

Yip you will beed to buy the data retintion harness that plugs intp the factory harness. The onstar adapter that will also plug into another spot on the factory harness. Antenna adapter to plug the factory antenna into the JVC. I looked up the radio you may or may not need the mounting kit since its a double din.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Yip you will beed to buy the data retintion harness that plugs intp the factory harness. The onstar adapter that will also plug into another spot on the factory harness. Antenna adapter to plug the factory antenna into the JVC. I looked up the radio you may or may not need the mounting kit since its a double din.
he says he doesnt have the onstar, says there is no button in the truck for it lol . I told him maybe thats something you have to pay a monthly fee for not sure to be honest. He also says he doesnt have a power antenna, does he still need the antenna adapter?

called best buy and the installer said that I could try the plug harness they got for 20 bucks but if I turn the volume up and it goes straight to max and I cant turn down, i will need the 100 one lol. WTF ..................???????????????
Old 08-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #11

The truck does have onstar you pay for it monthly if you want to use it. Except for emergencies I believe. The antenna adapter isn't because its power gm used a mini plug that is smaller than the standard size antenna input. As far as the harness get the data retention harness that's what that truck has just make sure its the one for integrating the bose. There are 2 different data retention harnesses the regular and the bose. Be careful who you talk to at best buy some of their installers are clowns and don't have a clue what they are talking about.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:28 PM   #12

I had an 03 tahoe same vehicle. Put in alpine radio. Here is what i did. I just got standard aftermarket wiring harness for vehicle which is the same regardless of bose or no bose. I hooked it up just like you would any radio, very straight forward. Here is what happened. I lost onstar (actually onstar was still there just could not hear them), l lost all audible alerts (door chime, headlight chime, memory seat chimes, etc,etc). These i didnt care about. What also happened was you are sending a amplified signal to the bose amp (under center console), what this does is make every volume adjustment very touchy (would get way loud way quick). However you can bypass the bose amp in the dash, look for the jumper to bose should be pretty easy to find, just unplug it and use it for the radio connecter (same connector, GM made just a loop to the center console amp then back up to speakers this way they could easily pre-wire reguardless of system. Then you will be powering all the speakers with deck power. u will lose sub tho, i was torn on which sounded better, i think running thru bose did just had to deal with volume touchyness.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by protraxduner View Post
I had an 03 tahoe same vehicle. Put in alpine radio. Here is what i did. I just got standard aftermarket wiring harness for vehicle which is the same regardless of bose or no bose. I hooked it up just like you would any radio, very straight forward. Here is what happened. I lost onstar (actually onstar was still there just could not hear them), l lost all audible alerts (door chime, headlight chime, memory seat chimes, etc,etc). These i didnt care about. What also happened was you are sending a amplified signal to the bose amp (under center console), what this does is make every volume adjustment very touchy (would get way loud way quick). However you can bypass the bose amp in the dash, look for the jumper to bose should be pretty easy to find, just unplug it and use it for the radio connecter (same connector, GM made just a loop to the center console amp then back up to speakers this way they could easily pre-wire reguardless of system. Then you will be powering all the speakers with deck power. u will lose sub tho, i was torn on which sounded better, i think running thru bose did just had to deal with volume touchyness.
thanks, he found a guy to hook it up a few wks ago and says it sounded great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement