one touch module - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Windsor Tech Forums > 94/95 Tech

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
SVTOA Chapter Director

Trader Feedback: (12)

one touch module

anyone know the price for the one touch module in the drivers side door. and also what other models did it come on, thanks for the help guys.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2008, 02:08 AM   #2

Trader Feedback: (11)

One touch module? Is this the thing that makes your window go down with one touch of the switch?

I hate that feature!!!! arghhh!!!! You want mine? Tell me where it's located and I'll rip it out and sell it to you for $10 so I can buy lunch.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-09-2008, 03:41 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (69)

-1995 Cobra #182/4005; 283hp/ 293tq, 221k miles, Roush intake, export parts
-1996 Mystic Cobra #1666/2000; 351hp/309tq, 216k miles, built 284, H/C/I, ARH, Mezeire, LMAF, JLT, MM suspension
-1993 Mustang LX, 2.3L w/ T5 conversion, AJE/MM suspension w/ 8.8, 03 Cobra steering/brakes, 271k miles
Old 01-09-2008, 03:42 PM   #4

Trader Feedback: (69)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future303 View Post
One touch module? Is this the thing that makes your window go down with one touch of the switch?

I hate that feature!!!! arghhh!!!! You want mine? Tell me where it's located and I'll rip it out and sell it to you for $10 so I can buy lunch.
-1995 Cobra #182/4005; 283hp/ 293tq, 221k miles, Roush intake, export parts
-1996 Mystic Cobra #1666/2000; 351hp/309tq, 216k miles, built 284, H/C/I, ARH, Mezeire, LMAF, JLT, MM suspension
-1993 Mustang LX, 2.3L w/ T5 conversion, AJE/MM suspension w/ 8.8, 03 Cobra steering/brakes, 271k miles
Old 01-09-2008, 04:20 PM   #5
SVTOA Chapter Director

if you take it out your drivers window will not go up and down. believe me i wish i had hand crank windows.

does anyone now if this can be bypassed or not, thanks.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:32 PM   #6

Trader Feedback: (2)

Easily, I have added one to my RF window. Is yours the kind with the module on the door panel? Those come in lots of the 90's Taurus' and Sables. You can even buy them as aftermarket kits. My Explorer and Mountaineer have it inside of the GEM module.

If you have the simple module, all it does is interrupt the one down power wire, and use it to feed an internal relay. If you don't want it to work, you can disconnect the two down wires from the connector and connect them. If I could post pictures I would give you a decent example of the colors(1993). Good luck,

In this link/thread, look at the first picture of post #12, the module is hanging down. It is also shown in the last picture of post #19, laying on the floor.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...ws+auto+wiring

Last edited by CDW6212R; 01-09-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:42 PM   #7
SVTOA Chapter Director

yeh mines in the door panel kinda lppks like yours. i wil give it a shot i refuse to pay 70 bucks for one from ford.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:20 PM   #8

cobraman1024, when I typed that I wasn't thinking it was funny, but now that I look at it I had to crack up myself LOL.

I remember when I got my car a while back, and I thought the frikkin' window was broken, 'cause I would "touch it once" and the damn thing would start sliding down on it's own LOL
Old 01-09-2008, 07:21 PM   #9

Hmm, I'll see if I can follow that suggestion and take it out, I'll try on the weekend.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:01 PM   #10

In that picture of mine, the power window wires are together at the connector, a red/yellow and a red wire I believe.
The task would be to follow the wire that leads from the window motor up to the AD module. Discover what that wire color is, then go to the connector at the ADM. One of those wires is coming from the LF power window switch. That wire may or may not be the same color as the one you just found from the motor. That wire and the one coming from the window motor are the two which the ADM controls. If you want to bypass the module, take those two wires out of the ADM connector, and connect them. I don't like to cut any factory wiring, I have enough extra OEM wiring and connectors around so that I can make connections of factory wires without cutting them. You will likely have to cut and crimp/solder those together. If you do any wiring of the power windows, be sure to solder all of your connections, voltage loss in those circuits will really slow down the windows. Good luck,
Old 01-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #11
SVTOA Chapter Director

thanks man but did not use your diagram was a little confucing from the pics. for any one who wants to get rid of this damn one touch module here is the solution. take of the module and trace the wires back to the door handle. cut all the wires besides the two for the door lock actuator and the red one which is your window motor power. take the red wire and splice it into the white and blue that is hooked into the bottom of the drivers side switch. hope this helps any one who needs the info. make sure to cover all cut connections with elec tape.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:04 PM   #12

There you go, I couldn't remember the color of the window switch down wire, light blue with a white stripe. Go to the ADM connector, and take the red and blue/white wire out, and securely connect them.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:46 PM   #13

I love the one touch feature, I don't know how it could bother you if used properly. The window switch has 2 "clicks". If you lightly press down the window will go down until you let go. If you push harder it will activate the module and put it all the way down. It's been that way for a while, I wish teh rest of the window switches in the car had that feature.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:48 PM   #14

Trader Feedback: (19)

anyone know how to auto down the passenger side on my 95 gt? i like that feature and would like it to work on both. i know the verts auto down all four so any info is appreciated!
Old 01-10-2008, 06:01 PM   #15
SVTOA Chapter Director

my 95 vert only has the drivers auto down. and the module is only available from ford I believe for 70 bucks with out the wires. if mine was not broke i would give it to you.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:08 PM   #16

I like it also, which is why I added it to the right front door of my 99 Explorer. Others have added them to all windows, and even to roll them up automatically. The Sable and Taurus are the most common cars to find in salvage yards with them.

I linked to a thread above showing the wiring as I added the ADM to my RF door. I also added all four window control to my RF door, so don't let the extra wires fool you. The module needs the main window power wire, a ground, and the power window wire that you want to control. You cut that wire where the ADM will be placed in line to that circuit.

There are very good threads about the feature on the Ranger forum(RPS I believe), and other forums. The aftermarket kits were near $25 back then. Good luck,
Old 01-11-2008, 10:29 AM   #17

Trader Feedback: (3)

Garage
Neat, i've been looking for a forum for Explorers. I just bought a 97 EB AWD a couple months ago.

Xbox Live = TwoRockTwo
Old 01-15-2008, 05:48 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by x88notchx View Post
anyone know how to auto down the passenger side on my 95 gt? i like that feature and would like it to work on both. i know the verts auto down all four so any info is appreciated!
Without adding a module does anyone know any other way to get the driver and passenger to auto down or is that the only way?????
Old 01-15-2008, 07:53 PM   #19

Those modules do just that, they basically tap into existing wiring of any power window system.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:47 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW6212R View Post
Those modules do just that, they basically tap into existing wiring of any power window system.
Can I tie into the drivers side module or do I need to add one I guess is more my question...
Old 01-16-2008, 08:57 PM   #21

Quote:
Can I tie into the drivers side module or do I need to add one I guess is more my question...
Calling All Cars Anyone Anyone???
Old 01-17-2008, 07:06 PM   #22

Quote:
Calling All Cars Anyone Anyone???
Paging MR Herman! MR Herman please report to the front desk..
Old 01-18-2008, 04:17 PM   #23

Quote:

Each ADM(Auto Down Module - my term) operates just one wire. It simply uses a power source to provide power to that one wire until the circuit sees higher power draw(window shut/down). You need a separate ADM for each function. It would take eight of those modules for four windows to go up and down with one touch. I know of a few Ranger and Explorer owners who have added several to their trucks.

Some use OEM modules from common Ford vehicles, some have bought the aftermarket kits for about $25 each. Good luck,
Old 01-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #24

Quote:
Each ADM(Auto Down Module - my term) operates just one wire. It simply uses a power source to provide power to that one wire until the circuit sees higher power draw(window shut/down). You need a separate ADM for each function. It would take eight of those modules for four windows to go up and down with one touch. I know of a few Ranger and Explorer owners who have added several to their trucks.

Some use OEM modules from common Ford vehicles, some have bought the aftermarket kits for about $25 each. Good luck,
Now do I put it on the drivers side on my switch for the pass side or do I put it on the pass side and will it auto down from both sides?
Old 01-18-2008, 05:41 PM   #25

Ah, place the module in the line between the load(window motor) and the nearest switch. Those two wires lead to the right door, the master wires also go to the right door switch. So you place it on the right door, in the wire that you want to control. It will work from all switches.

I have an added ADM in my RF door, plus a master switch panel in that door, plus two relays in each of my four doors. I have the one touch feature working from both front switches on each of my front doors.

I suggest that you find and buy the aftermarket kit first, those come with good instructions(I read). The first one that you do will be harder, if you do others you will be comfortable using easy to come by used ADM from a Taurus etc. Regards,
Old 01-26-2008, 07:11 PM   #26

Quote:
Ah, place the module in the line between the load(window motor) and the nearest switch. Those two wires lead to the right door, the master wires also go to the right door switch. So you place it on the right door, in the wire that you want to control. It will work from all switches.

I have an added ADM in my RF door, plus a master switch panel in that door, plus two relays in each of my four doors. I have the one touch feature working from both front switches on each of my front doors.

I suggest that you find and buy the aftermarket kit first, those come with good instructions(I read). The first one that you do will be harder, if you do others you will be comfortable using easy to come by used ADM from a Taurus etc. Regards,
Who makes the one you currently are using? Obviously you had good luck with it so I'll give it a whirl.. I want to be able to auto down both windows at once from the drivers control so can I just tap into the one for the drivers side and it will activate both? Or do I just buy a separate one and put it on the passenger switch on the drivers side???
Old 01-26-2008, 08:48 PM   #27

The module I put in my right door is from my old 93 Limited wiring. The 93/94 Explorer's had the module in the LF door of the high option trucks. That's why I mentioned the 90's Taurus and Sable, all of those in that body style have it in the LF door.
Here's the thread which I started for my 99 Limited work truck. The pictures in post 148/149 show most of what I did with the window wiring on the RF. Regards,http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...=146519&page=4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement