Ford Mustang Forums banner

Valve cover woes

845 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  SableSal 
#1 ·
Was working on putting things together over the weekend and found out that my factory valve covers won't clear my new stud mounted rockers arms (sucks since I had already cleaned them and painted them).

So i've been searching for a good solution. Seems like the best solutions are 93 fox style covers or the Trick Flow covers. Find the fox ones hasn't been easy plus i've read mixed results with still having to clearance them to fit. So now I'm leaning towards the Trick Flow covers.

Does anyone have any issues with these not having a baffle? I'd be getting the filler neck to go with them.

Any other suggestions besides the Trick Flow covers?

I don't mind having to use an intake spacer, but I don't have a cowl hood and I don't want to buy a new hood just yet. I do have a 96 cobra style on the hood though.

#2 ·
I have the Fox style with the baffle removed with no issues.

#4 · (Edited)
I didn't realize the Fox covers would fit over stud-mounted rockers. Still learning stuff. :cool:

If that's the case, for future reference, any year would likely have worked. The 93's would be easiest, since they did not have the internal bosses that must often/usually be ground out like earlier ones. Some people have issues with the filler neck, and some say the alt bolt hits the cover. Others say it's smooth sailing.

That said, I'll probably change mine out the next time my intake is off, and would lean toward the TF units if I didn't already have a set of '93 Fox covers in the attic. I'll try those first.

Andy

#5 ·
Your thread about the 93 covers was really helpful. Helped me to learn about the fox covers fitting, but there was still a fair amount of hit-or-miss info out there that for the ease of just bolting on, the TFS covers just seemed the easiest. I do like the look of the Fox covers though. Nice and clean.

#6 ·
on the SN's the main issue for valve covers is clearing the intake, rockers and the alternator. i have had to "message" my pass side valve cover with a hammer to get the alternator clearance.

good luck.

#9 ·
My $0.02... I'm running pedastal mount Ford Racing 1.6 roller rockers. I also had to run different valve covers. I went with Fox covers and modified the baffle. Worked fine. Barely cleared the intake and alternator. I'm talking like .00001" haha. Hey, it clears it clears.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.