Best piston for nitrous???????? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Windsor Tech Forums > 94/95 Tech

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 05:02 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (43)

Best piston for nitrous????????

I was just wondering what everyone's opinion of the best piston for a nitrous set up is.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
Corral Elite Member

Mahal flat tops, JE/srp flat tops or Probe flat top pistons, That's just what I heard, I have used Mahal and Probe personally, they were both fine, but I am not a engine builder. I just bought what was recommended.

I never went over 150 shot.

Talk to your engine builder.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:00 AM   #3

I spray 175 on stock pistons but I know they are gone let loose at some point. Ordering parts for a 347 now and I dont want to have to worry about to much nitrous.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:26 AM   #4
Authorized corral.net Advertiser

Trader Feedback: (16)

2618 forgings are the strongest pistons. Je, probe, cp, diamond, wiseco all these are 2618, then you have a 4032 forging such as mahle, srp, probe fps. The 4032 will not handle the same amount of nitrous as a 2618 forging, but 150, any of the 4032 forgings will handle with ease, how much nitrous?

TONS of Build Photos Ck at Facebook

Make sure to sign up for
SBFBuilding.com The single most exciting thing to happen to the small block ford community in a LONG TIME.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #5

Thinking about running like a 250 shot. Nothing crazy but I want it to hold up if I want to get stupid with it.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokeme View Post
2618 forgings are the strongest pistons. Je, probe, cp, diamond, wiseco all these are 2618, then you have a 4032 forging such as mahle, srp, probe fps. The 4032 will not handle the same amount of nitrous as a 2618 forging, but 150, any of the 4032 forgings will handle with ease, how much nitrous?
I have looked at your 347 shortblocks on your website. Which one would you recommend for a street/ strip with a good shot of nitrous? I have a few guys with some GT 500's and 03 Cobra's that I cant do anything with right now and I want to leave them in the dust. Both of them cars are dynoed at like 480rwhp.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #7

Trader Feedback: (31)

Quote:

Does this also apply to force induction scenarios?? obv not going to use the same CR, strictly talking the material used as mentioned above.....?
95 GT 5.0 TW heads, Freezy 74 custom cam,S-trim,2.95 pulley,custom built intercooler,2.5 in and out running all on passenger side.65LB inj,BBK long tubes,O/R X pipe,mac flowpath,75mmtb.Tweecer R/T Dual Tuned92 octane/E-85 522rwhp on corn 10psi
Old 06-29-2011, 10:04 PM   #8

Trader Feedback: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastang View Post
I have looked at your 347 shortblocks on your website. Which one would you recommend for a street/ strip with a good shot of nitrous? I have a few guys with some GT 500's and 03 Cobra's that I cant do anything with right now and I want to leave them in the dust. Both of them cars are dynoed at like 480rwhp.
Consider one of his Dart based shortblocks, will remove much of the limits the factory block has. Then you can just keep going until you pull on those cars without hitting a limitation.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:04 AM   #9

250 shot on a stock block 331-347 will not last long, one tiny hiccup and your done. If anyone tells you otherwise, they want your money

Make sure to sign up for
SBFBuilding.com The single most exciting thing to happen to the small block ford community in a LONG TIME.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #10

Quote:
250 shot on a stock block 331-347 will not last long, one tiny hiccup and your done. If anyone tells you otherwise, they want your money
would the stock block stroker hold a 175 shot or would I need to step up to the dart block? Seems like if the stroker makes 400-450 the 175 would be to much also, correct?
Old 07-01-2011, 01:01 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastang View Post
would the stock block stroker hold a 175 shot or would I need to step up to the dart block? Seems like if the stroker makes 400-450 the 175 would be to much also, correct?
Your margins for human error and mechanical failure are very small, your window is narrow. Been done a million times and been blown up thousands of times. If your a gambler, you know the answer already. Think worse case scenario, always

Make sure to sign up for

Sponsored Links
Advertisement