GROUP BUY: Russel Fuel Line Fittings - Page 7 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Windsor Tech Forums > 94/95 Tech

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #211

Trader Feedback: (1)

Would the quick connect fittings work on the sending unit? Or are there ones that would. I posted in another post about redoing my fuel lines.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #212

Not sure, I can't remember what the connector is like for that, but here is a link to a good article about running braided fuel lines from the pump using some neat compression fittings.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/proje...fuel_pump.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-22-2010, 09:59 PM   #213

Trader Feedback: (15)

holy #### 7/12 until the last peice is shipped anyone got a set they are not putting on for awhile maybe i could buy them at summits price i need them asap
Old 10-08-2010, 01:01 AM   #214

Trader Feedback: (2)

everyone whos done this did you run braided lines from the tank? or just in the engine bay? whats a part number for the lines?
Old 10-08-2010, 11:25 AM   #215

Trader Feedback: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_my_stang View Post
everyone whos done this did you run braided lines from the tank? or just in the engine bay? whats a part number for the lines?
I think you're missing the point of the new specially-made fitting.
Simply awesome! Its like you came down from forum mountain with two stone tablets...
Old 10-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast94CobraSVT View Post
I think you're missing the point of the new specially-made fitting.
no i know theirs a new fitting but is that for running braided lines from the tank? or just new lines in the engine bay?
Old 10-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #217

Trader Feedback: (8)

No, the new fitting is to connect to the existing hardlines. Fittings to run braided lines from the tank have been around for years.
Simply awesome! Its like you came down from forum mountain with two stone tablets...
Old 12-11-2010, 03:35 PM   #218

Any pics of these kits installed?
Old 12-22-2010, 10:37 AM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408gt91 View Post
Any pics of these kits installed?
There are pics on the previous 2 pages (5 and 6) of this thread
Old 12-30-2010, 05:25 AM   #220

Trader Feedback: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast94CobraSVT View Post
No, the new fitting is to connect to the existing hardlines. Fittings to run braided lines from the tank have been around for years.
Where can I find That?
Old 12-30-2010, 08:03 AM   #221
SVTOA Chapter Director

Trader Feedback: (12)

You can get them at jegs, sumitt. Not sure of the part number, just moved all my stuff is packed. Do a search, you will find the part #.

South Eastern NC SVTOA Chapter Director
1996 SVT ROUSH Cobra
1994 F150 Lightning
SOLD! 1995 SVT COBRA #1723
Old 01-15-2011, 09:18 PM   #222

Trader Feedback: (22)

Finally going to get around to doing this, and will be heading to Summit next week for supplies. One shocker, though, was that nylon braided hose is more expensive than stainless-braided ($39.95 vs. $26.95)? --and yes, same size and length.

Any big plus to one over the other (other than appearance?) One thing that I seem to recall is hearing that braided stainless hose can abrade things it comes in contact with (other lines, for instance)?.

I'll likely pay the extra for the nylon, since it will likely be easier to work with, and I don't have anything else dress-up" under the hood. I'm still curious about the cost delta and benefits of one vs. the other, though.

Andy

Last edited by TrickVert; 01-15-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:22 AM   #223

what length lines do you use?
Old 03-06-2011, 09:52 AM   #224

and the pdf file for the install instructions doesnt work
Old 03-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #225

n/m gonna go with the goodyear efi cheaper and seems to do the job well
Old 03-20-2011, 10:40 AM   #226

Trader Feedback: (37)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnspec View Post
and the pdf file for the install instructions doesnt work
I think russel's website has em too if you search around
316 RWHP & 335 RWTQ // 3,225 lbs with driver and fuel // 11.919 @ 113.92 All Motor
Old 04-26-2011, 12:23 AM   #227

For anyone that is looking for the high pressure firewall side push on connector. Part number 641303, which is the black one. I contacted about 4 vendors and none of them had any in stock. I had been waiting for one from Summit for about 3 weeks and am now to the point where I am going to be needing it. So at that point I figured I would just try contacting them direct. I did and I must say that the woman that I talked to went through all the trouble and had the people at the factory whip up another fitting and they are going to ship it to me direct.

So, if you are looking for a fitting that they do not have in stock at any vendors I suggest contacting them direct. They are more then willing to help and it will only end up costing a few bucks more.

FWIW
Old 04-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #228
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (36)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92stanggt5.0 View Post
For anyone that is looking for the high pressure firewall side push on connector. Part number 641303, which is the black one. I contacted about 4 vendors and none of them had any in stock. I had been waiting for one from Summit for about 3 weeks and am now to the point where I am going to be needing it. So at that point I figured I would just try contacting them direct. I did and I must say that the woman that I talked to went through all the trouble and had the people at the factory whip up another fitting and they are going to ship it to me direct.

So, if you are looking for a fitting that they do not have in stock at any vendors I suggest contacting them direct. They are more then willing to help and it will only end up costing a few bucks more.

FWIW
Can someone post up the step by step install or how to for these fittings with pics when you install yours? that'll be awesome!

I am in a same boat. I ordered the black ones from summit and havent got the last fitting that you mentioned. I will be giving them a call as well.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #229

Trader Feedback: (13)

As much as I love using stainless or pro-lite hoses eventually they all smell like gas. I wanted to find a simple solution and ideally using PTFE hose so I would not have to worry about the gas eroding the rubber lines. I decided to go with these.

Fragola Performance Systems 375024 - Fragola Performance Systems P.T.F.E Hose Assemblies - Overview - SummitRacing.com

They are pre-made 30" braided stainless lines with -6 fittings on both ends. A 45 degree for the rail end and a straight end for the hardline adapter. It saves quite a bit over making the lines myself as well.

All (4) Russell fuel lines fittings and (2) of these hoses make it a $133 project. (Actually $132.70 plus the shipping charge)

For what it's worth, I figure this makes the entire swap about a 15 minute affair.

This is a link to the Fragola pages where they clearly state these lines are designed for nitrous, fuel, oil, or water.

Fragola Performance Systems

I'm going to put the hoses in split loom to keep the abrasion at a minimum, and figure they should last at least as long as the factory ones.... I'll post an update and pictures when the box gets here from Summit.

Here are the parts. You should be able to see the part numbers clearly.

Here's what they look like assembled in some split loom ready to go on the car.

Last edited by 1svtfan; 05-20-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:23 AM   #230
Corral Elite Member

Very nice find my friend! Be sure to post some pictures the when you are finished.

Last edited by Short Circuit; 05-31-2011 at 01:07 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #231

Trader Feedback: (19)

Garage
Need this fitting!

Where can i order this! I need it asap!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #232
Corral Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powered427stang View Post
Where can i order this! I need it asap!!!
All are available from summit. I just got these not too long ago as well. not installed yet.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:37 AM   #233

Hey, 1svtfan, how did the 30" lines work out? Any pics?

Andy
Old 07-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #234

Trader Feedback: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickVert View Post

Andy
Hey Andy,

Sorry, work has taken over the last few months and a leaking fuel filler neck sidelined me. I'll try to get some up this weekend. My intent was to post the how to with pics but just buried. Shortly

Steve
Old 07-15-2011, 07:35 PM   #235

Trader Feedback: (0)

Quote:

Andy
I got the same set he did and posted pics in the other thread. Here's a link to the post. Not a step-by-step but should give you an idea.

They work great. I was still getting some fuel smell after I did it but replacing the vac line to the carbon canister fixed that. You can see how deteriorated it is in the pics. I know the fuel lines were shot though for several reasons so I'm glad I did them. Car's running great now.

Thanks again, 1svtfan, you made things pretty simple with that set.

Last edited by ZoSo15; 07-15-2011 at 07:36 PM. Reason: linky fixy
Old 07-15-2011, 10:59 PM   #236

Trader Feedback: (9)

Ordered mine finally last week since my motor should be coming home soon... Got the fittings and they look great, the lines are on B/O until the 18th. So Late next week I should have mine assembled and ready to go on the car.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:22 AM   #237

Finally I was install the lines but I'm have problem with the 5/16 fitting in the hard line. I had read that is necessary push hard and I did that , but when I grasped and pulled up hard the fitting , the white plastic clip stayed attached in tube and the fitting went out in my hand ...

How I know when the fitting is proper snapped ? And does the white plastic clip have do stay between the two flares in the tube ?

I just finished to pushed very hard the fitting and now with a moderate pull it seems to stay in place ... I’m not sure if it is proper seated ...
GT40X heads,RPM2 intake,Crane 2031,1.7 rr,BBK 70 tb,BBK equal shorty headers,off-road 2.5" H pipe,2.5"catback,42lbs inj.,bilstein struts,H&R Race springs,MM C/C plates,MM bumpsteer kit,steeda X2 balljoints,hurst shifter,3.73 gears,Cobra brakes,Baer 13" rear brakes,lc1 wb,Etc. Running pure ethanol.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:34 AM   #238

Well , it seems that it snapped in place now ... There aren't leaks and fuel pressure is ok . What a pain in the ass these -6AN to 5/16" tube adapters (duck-bill connector) ! The 1/4" one is much better design and much more secure !

I still don't trust in that fitting... If you pull a little hard the line , like I said before , the connector goes out and the white clip stay on the flare of the tube ... But it seems that this is normal ... Maybe I just worry too much ...
GT40X heads,RPM2 intake,Crane 2031,1.7 rr,BBK 70 tb,BBK equal shorty headers,off-road 2.5" H pipe,2.5"catback,42lbs inj.,bilstein struts,H&R Race springs,MM C/C plates,MM bumpsteer kit,steeda X2 balljoints,hurst shifter,3.73 gears,Cobra brakes,Baer 13" rear brakes,lc1 wb,Etc. Running pure ethanol.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #239

Trader Feedback: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by advent View Post
Finally I was install the lines but I'm have problem with the 5/16 fitting in the hard line. I had read that is necessary push hard and I did that , but when I grasped and pulled up hard the fitting , the white plastic clip stayed attached in tube and the fitting went out in my hand ...

How I know when the fitting is proper snapped ? And does the white plastic clip have do stay between the two flares in the tube ?

I just finished to pushed very hard the fitting and now with a moderate pull it seems to stay in place ... I’m not sure if it is proper seated ...
Are you talking about the return line not seeming to go on securely? Because I was concerned about that too when I installed mine yesterday. But then I thought about how it was fastened in stock form... which is basically the same as the fuel filter connectors and I've never had or heard of a problem with those popping off.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:50 AM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBiggs View Post
Are you talking about the return line not seeming to go on securely? Because I was concerned about that too when I installed mine yesterday. But then I thought about how it was fastened in stock form... which is basically the same as the fuel filter connectors and I've never had or heard of a problem with those popping off.
Yes , I was worried mainly because this type of connectors on stock fuel filter line and OEM fuel lines of others cars , don't need push hard and you hear the "click" when properly installed . But later , with a mirror, I saw that the connector is correctly seated and until now there aren't leaks and everything's fine .
Edit: And I was talking about the feed line (5/16 one) .

Anyway , I found other 5/16 russell connector with the same design of 1/4 line , with threaded cap in the bottom . It's a RUS-644110 (summit part number) . I bought one just for spare and mind tranquility .

Last edited by advent; 10-24-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:19 AM   #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo15 View Post
I got the same set he did and posted pics in the other thread. Here's a link to the post.
Guess I missed this. Whoops. Thanks for posting the link. The pre-made lines are a pretty close fit. It looks like one needs to be just a little shorter than the other to run together all the way back, but for the non-OCD, this looks like a good time/work-saving option.

Andy
Old 12-08-2011, 03:02 PM   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1svtfan View Post
As much as I love using stainless or pro-lite hoses eventually they all smell like gas. I wanted to find a simple solution and ideally using PTFE hose so I would not have to worry about the gas eroding the rubber lines. I decided to go with these.

Fragola Performance Systems 375024 - Fragola Performance Systems P.T.F.E Hose Assemblies - Overview - SummitRacing.com

They are pre-made 30" braided stainless lines with -6 fittings on both ends. A 45 degree for the rail end and a straight end for the hardline adapter. It saves quite a bit over making the lines myself as well.

All (4) Russell fuel lines fittings and (2) of these hoses make it a $133 project. (Actually $132.70 plus the shipping charge)

For what it's worth, I figure this makes the entire swap about a 15 minute affair.

This is a link to the Fragola pages where they clearly state these lines are designed for nitrous, fuel, oil, or water.

Fragola Performance Systems

I'm going to put the hoses in split loom to keep the abrasion at a minimum, and figure they should last at least as long as the factory ones.... I'll post an update and pictures when the box gets here from Summit.

Here are the parts. You should be able to see the part numbers clearly.

Here's what they look like assembled in some split loom ready to go on the car.

Fragola Performance Systems 375024 says that it is a 24" hose. Is this correct? I want to make sure I get the correct one. part #375030 says it is 30". Will the 24" work or do I need the 30"? Thanks
95 Mustang GT Conv. -5 Speed, tri-ax shifter, asp pullies, BBK headers, magnaflow catted x-pipe, magnaflow cat-back, centerforce clutch, MM subframe connectors, alum. driveshaft, tokico shocks/struts, AFS cobra r’s(17x9/17x10.5), kaenan heat extractor hood, black cloth top, steeda HD swaybar
Old 01-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #243

Trader Feedback: (6)

Wow I wish I would have found this thread sooner. I currently have a turbo kit on my car and this would benefit me great as my downpipe runs direclty underneith my fuel lines. Will someone please get me a list of part#'s that I need to make this happen, down to the tool that I need to removed my old lines? I need to get this changed asap because of the dangerous heat they are exposed to. Thanks in advance,

Nick
Old 01-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #244
Corral Elite Member

Fuel lines

Quote:

Andy
I personally used 30" line on both sides. the feed side is perfect but the return line is little long. But stick with 30" lines. Buy one 45* line and one 90* line for perfect fit. 90* will also help if you have tall valve covers

Last edited by Short Circuit; 01-23-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #245

Trader Feedback: (68)

Interested in a black set
Sponsored Links
Advertisement