Car's Apart ---- Coil Pickup ---- take apart distributor to change??? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Windsor Tech Forums > 5.0/5.8 Engine Tech

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2002, 02:21 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (1)

Car's Apart ---- Coil Pickup ---- take apart distributor to change???

The car died on me yesterday, after searching the archives for some ideas, I decided to replace MAF sensor and TFI module. I couldn't reach the screws for the TFI without pulling the distributor. While the distributor is out, I'm replacing the coil pickup. But I'll be darned if I can figure out how.

I removed the two screws holding the plate that guides the rotor, but there are no fasters holding the plate beneath that to the rod that goes through the distributor. The gear and stop at the bottom of the distributor look like they have to come off to slide the entire assembly out of the casing to swap the coil pickup.

But the gear and stop look like they're being held in by pins (sort of like coiled up metal?) that can't come out?

Ideas?

Thanks, Kyle
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2002, 02:33 PM   #2

Trader Feedback: (0)

You need to knock the roll pin out with a pin punch and hammer to get the gear off.

Found a pic for ya

Last edited by SPORT89LX; 04-21-2002 at 02:38 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-21-2002, 02:48 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (1)

Gulp! Boy that sure looks like a moron like me could break somethin. I'll give it a try. Do the pins go back in or do they get ruined during the process?
'94 Cobra (stock)
Old 04-21-2002, 05:32 PM   #4

Trader Feedback: (0)

They can be re-used. Just tap them back in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement