Post your dyno #'s with 302/306 AFR 165, cam, intake or similar combos - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Windsor Tech Forums > 5.0/5.8 Engine Tech

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2002, 07:32 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

Post your dyno #'s with 302/306 AFR 165, cam, intake or similar combos

I am curious to see your dyno results with a 302/306 or basicly stock shortblock, AFR 165 or similar heads, B,E,F,X car or similar, Cobra or similar intake, and bolt ons and exhaust. I would like to see your graph if you have it.

I'm just tring to get an idea of my HP #'s on my combo.
I have 302, afr165, 70mm accufab tb, 30# inj., Cold air, Cobra intake, shorty equal headers, hpipe, flowmasters, X-303 cam, etc. Thanks...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2002, 06:50 PM   #2

????
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-09-2002, 08:02 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (10)

see my website for a graph and mods.
i made 294/325 at the wheels.
WHAT ARE THEY MADE FOR?, AND WHY ARE THEY IN ALL THE RACING MAGS
AND NOT IN THE CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT MAGS"

Old 04-09-2002, 08:32 PM   #4

see sig, lemme remind you, i have stock cam, and an AOD.
93 GT hatch, afr 165's, cobra intake, 1.7 roller rockers, 65mm TB, 76mm MAS, pulleys, 3.73's, shorty headers, x-pipe w/ cats, flowbastards, MM subframes, strut brace, k-member brace, saleen springs, koni yellows, sn lca's w/ weight jackers, PA valve body w/ trans brake, TCI street fighter lockup converter, FMS aluminum driveshaft and some other stuff I'm prolly forgetting.

RWHP: 257.5
RWTQ: 285.9 ft/lbs
Old 04-09-2002, 09:42 PM   #5

Trader Feedback: (3)

there is a guy on corral who has a 93 cobra with afr 165's, ported cobra intake to match the heads, and ed's custom cam..who has 318 rwhp and is running 11.9x ..... i think his name is kyle
12.14/111.35/1.67 @ Milan Dragway
Best 60' is 1.60
75 shot - 11.6/113/1.69

98 Trans Am, M6
Exhaust, 12 bolt, Suspension
12.8/2.0/111
Old 04-09-2002, 09:45 PM   #6
rtz

Thumbs up

That must be a nice a cam!

I'd like to know the numbers on it..
Old 04-09-2002, 10:03 PM   #7

Click link.
12.81 @ 107.3 1.66 60ft.
Old 04-10-2002, 07:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by Deividas93GT
there is a guy on corral who has a 93 cobra with afr 165's, ported cobra intake to match the heads, and ed's custom cam..who has 318 rwhp and is running 11.9x ..... i think his name is kyle
Is this the guy....

http://www.waynewestlake.com/trent/kyle.htm
Old 04-10-2002, 09:40 AM   #9

Trader Feedback: (10)

Yes Kyle is his name. Keep in mind that the heads have been decked to 54cc, the lower ported by ED, and the cam ground by Ed. He also has longtubes. Very impressive combo. Especially the torque.
WHAT ARE THEY MADE FOR?, AND WHY ARE THEY IN ALL THE RACING MAGS
AND NOT IN THE CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT MAGS"

Old 04-10-2002, 12:42 PM   #10

Trader Feedback: (1)

Friend of mine has a 306 with 10.5:1 compression, AFM N61 cam, extrude honed Cobra, 70mm TB, 30# injectors, 80mm MAS with box-stock AFR 165s. Motor was built by Victory Engines (www.victoryengines.com). We engine dyno'd it at 427HP/418TQ with waterpump, alternator and P/S idler.
Old 04-11-2002, 12:16 AM   #11
rtz

Amazing power from that combo.

I get the impression that the power is in the cam?
Old 04-11-2002, 12:51 AM   #12

How does that cam ride at lower speeds? like parking lot ect? rough or smooth or just a little rough? i know that some of the bigger ones can make lower speeds a pain to stay in.
Old 04-11-2002, 01:08 AM   #13

I would like some more info on how in the world that guy mad 400 + hp with only 10.5:1 compresion and it being N/A. would like some more specs on this engine or something. thanks
156K miles, sunroof, 2/3's Saleen ground effects, Front here just not on, spoiler, and steering wheel, doorpanels. '99 seats, '91 sunvisors, SPEC II, GT40 intake (w/coverand spacers), Canfield stage 2 heads, arp headbolts, trick flow tall valve covers, Griffin rad, elec. fan, 255lph pump, 24#inj., Pro-M 75MM MAF, BBK LT's, O/R h-pipe, 3 chamber catback, Tremec 3550, pro 5.0 shifter, 3.55's, '99GT frnt brakes, '99 Cobra rims, ultra light tach, autometer temp & oil pressure gauges (a-pillar), autometer fp gauge, various Energy Susp, Clarion Arx8570z, Kicker 240z, and a JL 12w3

Parts ready to go on sometime: MM s/t brace, auto mirror, 130A alt, and new door foam, front bumper, and saleen front valance.
new engine: 60K mile long block with: 24lb inj., AFPR, 70mm TB, MSD billet distributor, TFS stage 2 cam, and 1.6 rr.
PARTS FOR SALE: stock 4 lug axles and drums($40), pwr string pump (bo), like new 65 amp alt (bo), 5 star offbrand rims w/bald times ($75), stock spare 4lug($20),and '86 GT front seats($100). PARTS NEEDED: headliner and also anything that is free or almost free!
'97 4runner SR5 4x4 31x10.5's, TJM frt bumper (Wife's DD)
'89 Toyota Land Cruiser 31 BFG MT, 184K miles and running strong! (My DD)
Former owner of a 1 of 9 mustang, which was not known at the time [/color]
Old 04-11-2002, 07:57 AM   #14

You'd **** if I told you what my 306 engine just made with unported P heads and a .500" lift cam. It bested the above combination by quite a bit. The engine was also built by Victory Engines. We'll save that conversation for after we debut the car though.

The performance isn't just from one part. I worked with Mark for several months before he went to Victory to match the parts & combination as best we could. Alot of the power and reliability is in Victory's work. They're a fantastic shop that leaves no stone unturned in terms of engine building. Every little detail is sweated.

The N61 isn't a very radical cam. Its got a decent idle lope at 750rpm, good torque above 3000 and pulls up past 6200. Mark's motor makes 14 inches of vacuum at idle too. Mark's car is a street car, not a trailer queen. The power is really impressive in the '93 Cobra.
Old 04-11-2002, 11:02 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally posted by jchambers
We engine dyno'd it at 427HP/418TQ with waterpump, alternator and P/S idler.
Holy cow! What did it put to the rear wheels with all accessories?

Idle Reset
Old 04-11-2002, 11:03 AM   #16

Thumbs up Wow!

Jeff,

I was wondering if you were still using the GT-40 intake, or did you move to something else? I'm not sure what the current rules allow. Impressive, VERY! I would like to know as much as you care to divulge about your combo, which you may have already done.

Good luck with it!

Thanks,
Randy
Old 04-11-2002, 01:23 PM   #17

Like I said Randy, its a 306 with unported P heads and .500" lift cam! All cards (or at least the obvious ones) will be on the table after the Commerce race next weekend.
Old 04-12-2002, 01:13 PM   #18

Trader Feedback: (31)

Garage
AFR 306 427HP/418TQ

My complete combination is posted at www.andersonfordmotorsport.com Just click on customer cars,
then click naturally aspirated, and scroll down to my name at the
bottom. Info and pics also at www.victoryengines.com Chassis dyno testing scheduled for tomorrow (weather permitting), so I
will have engine dyno numbers and chassis rear wheel numbers
for direct comparison and actual drivetrain losses. Thanks, Mark
Old 04-12-2002, 03:07 PM   #19
Formerly known as BigLredlx

Quote:
Originally posted by jchambers
You'd **** if I told you what my 306 engine just made with unported P heads and a .500" lift cam. It bested the above combination by quite a bit. The engine was also built by Victory Engines. We'll save that conversation for after we debut the car though.

With all due respect, thats a very misleading statement imo. Compression ratio, other cam specifics, etc. are playing a large part in the engine you mentioned above.

Lorne
Old 04-12-2002, 04:11 PM   #20

Your right about that BigRed, my combination is different. But the point is that the power is achievable. Go bolting AFR 165's, LT headers, big cam and only put 280hp is a disgrace. Mark's engine goes to show what can be done with a VERY streetable combination with out-of-the-box heads and serious attention to picking the right parts and putting it together correctly. He's soon to put in on the chassis dyno, but it should make every bit of 350 to 370 rwhp on pump gas...if not more.

Likewise, I hear people say that the factory cast-iron heads are junk...don't have the flow numbers...valves are too small. Truth is that they've got fantastic potential; its up to us to find the way to release that potential. My statement isn't misleading at all, a N/A 306 can make good power in many forms. If people are willing to settle for the B-cam then they'll get B-cam performance; same is true for every other piece in a given combination. We've got guys knocking on the door of 10's on normally aspirated, P-headed (unported to boot), .500" lift cam, shorty header combinations. The know-how is out there, so why settle for 300rwhp from a 347 stroker?
Old 04-12-2002, 06:29 PM   #21

You are right on the money Jeff. Too many guys buying strokers and still not making power.
Old 04-12-2002, 07:27 PM   #22

Thumbs up

Hello.

Jesse H has the most impressive TRACK times of anyone I know for a AFR combo like his. He runs basically the same stuff as me with a touch better intake (edelbrock performer) and runs about 4 mph faster. I'm very happy with the way mine runs though.

Horsepower goods:

AFR 165cc heads angle milled to 54cc (9.8:1 static compression)
FTI ported Cobra intake
FTI cam 219/224 .533/.547
Pro-M 75 w/ K&N in stock airbox
65mm throttle body
ASP street pulleys
24# injectors
255 lph pump
Kirban fuel pressure regulator
1-5/8" BBK longtubes with weld bead ground down
2-1/2" Dr. Gas x-pipe
2-1/2" Dynomax catback w/ race magnum mufflers
timing at 15 degrees initial
tuning on the dyno

Other goods:
4.10 gears
31 spline axles
26" x 10" slicks
Pro 5.0 shifter
subframes
removed front swaybar
Autometer shiftlite (hidden)
driveshaft loop
McLeod clutch w/ FMS Heavy duty pressure plate

Everything is else is as it was from the factory. My clutch is "less driveable" than my cam. Idles as smooth as silk.

I don't have a roll bar...and I won't put one in. Its retired from runs on slicks. I might work on my driving and hope to get in the 11's NA on my nittos.

Later,
Kyle
'93 Cobra #1058

stock w/ 28,000 miles...FOR SALE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement