What years cars/trucks/vans did the Roller 351w 5.8 come in?? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Windsor Tech Forums > 5.0/5.8 Engine Tech

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2005, 07:13 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

What years cars/trucks/vans did the Roller 351w 5.8 come in??

I've been looking for a roller 351w and haven't had success, what are the casting numbers and what year cars/trucks/vans do they the come in??
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2005, 08:03 PM   #2

F4TE, seems like I've answered this question about 3 times in the last 2 weeks.
You won't find them in any cars except the 95 cobra R. Look in trucks and vans from 94+. They seem to be rare as hen's teeth.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:04 PM   #3

I pulled a 351w out of a 94' van and it was flat tappet??
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-13-2005, 08:11 PM   #4

Here we go again...finding one running a rollercam from the factory is even more rare but ALL 351w blocks with the casting number F4TE have the taller lifter bores, machining for the dog bones, and the drilled and tapped holes for the spider. In other words, they are all roller blocks. The rollercam drops right in. My F4TE block had a flat tappet from the factory as well and the roller cam, lifters and spider drop right in.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:19 PM   #5

This block didn't have the holes where the spyder goes?? Maybe it wasn't a F4TE?? I have new roller conversion lifters that cost $375 but they require different pushrods don't they??
Old 05-13-2005, 08:28 PM   #6

Trader Feedback: (6)

94-97
Old 05-13-2005, 08:37 PM   #7

Trader Feedback: (1)

I just got one 2 day ago out of 95 F-150.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:10 PM   #8

Trader Feedback: (31)

wow!!!
mine was from a 94 F-250 it has roller lifters and the spider hold down
Old 05-14-2005, 12:49 AM   #9

I'll have to keep looking, do you guy's think roller blocks are stonger than the originals?? I gotta find a damn roller block, it's starting to **** with my head!!
Old 05-14-2005, 12:57 AM   #10

Trader Feedback: (9)

My lord how many times can this pop up in one week? SEARCH FUNCTION! 94 and newer vans and trucks had roller CAPABLE blocks. Some came with actual roller cams. This same topic is being covered in another thread on the first page of this forum! Is it stronger than originals? No...some say it's weaker. If you're interested in something stronger then a 351, get a dart block or something like that.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:28 AM   #11

94 Cobra R,
What's up with the b******t?? Can you handle real motors, for instance my 460 C6 84' Mustang, 10.20 in 1/4 mile on motor and is daily driven (Ganna put a roots and Nitrous when it's said and done)?? Don't act smart if your just a dumb jerk? So what if this has been asked before, and no the early 94' blocks are not roller CAPABLE!! And f**k dart, go with Ford Racing 4 bolt main blocks or the Man o' War stuff (Roush)!!
Old 05-14-2005, 01:41 AM   #12

Beast,
Don't turn this into a personal war, you'll get your thread closed. I was telling you to search for 2 reasons:
1) You'll find a ton of information
2) You'll not waste time waiting for answers.
If that offended you, oh well. Sorry for trying to help. As for me handling your "real" motors, as assume your attitude about the whole thing is just to make up for your lack of manhood in other areas. Do I want to have sex with Dart? Not for me, but if you'd like to, go ahead. You asked a simple question, I gave you a simple answer, if you already knew the answer, then don't ask. F4 blocks are 94 blocks. There is no 1/2 time line in it. Early 94 blocks as they are known were actually made in late 93. Whatever difference it makes, just find a F4 block that has the spider hold down threaded holes in the valley. If that offends you, too, tough. Get over it. Pathetic that someone tries to help you out and you have an attitude about it.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:23 AM   #13

Beaststang 460, I'd take a look at 94 Cobra R's little (OK, BIG) 12-13 page thread about his 351 buildup before you go spouting off at the mouth about someone not knowing anything.

65mm TB, Explorer intake, GT40P's, 1.7 RR, FRPP headers, high-flow cats, 2.5" exh., Kenny Brown subframe kit, strut tower and K-member braces, ES poly bushings, 3.55's, aluminum driveshaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSIGONZO
Its like comparing Charmin Ultra to 80 grit sandpaper....
Old 05-14-2005, 10:49 AM   #14

I saw his thread last week, I have nothing personal, I just don't like guy's that are rude, especially if I'm asking a question that has been in a similiar thread, and yes I did a search but I didn't find some answers, and yes his fuel injection car with aftermarket AFR's and brake upgrade is nice, but for the same cost I built a 10 sec. PRO MOD.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:55 AM   #15

Well, if a bunch of words put together in a message is rude, then you shouldn't be cruising the internet. Here, consider this rude: It's pathetic that you need a 460 to run 10's. I'm done with this thread. It should be locked.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:03 AM   #16

BTW - Another rude reply:
You must not search too well:
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthr...ghlight=roller
That's in the 5.0/5.8 forum on the first 2 pages of a search. Take your 15 year old, bad little self and go back to your Need for Speed and build your 10 sec, 460 motor'd car and have fun. If you have specific goals, list them, otherwise you can just thank people for their answers and tell them that's not what they're looking for. People like you make me sick because you come on these boards and ask a question then decide that you're the God of the motor world and know all the answers. Don't ask if you know everything. (ok, finally off the soap box. Sorry fellas)
Old 05-14-2005, 07:44 PM   #17

Beaststang260,
What exactly were you looking to find out? I can't say that there's been anything said in this thread that wasn't in the other thread that I answered on wednesday, or the one a week ago today, etc?
Old 05-15-2005, 02:21 AM   #18

I'm not on this website 24/7 like you piss ant's, that's why I don't know for sure what has been asked!! But as for 94 Cobra R it's a shame you can't even run 15's in the 1/4 and you are barely braking the 300 horsepower mark with a blower and a 351, what's wrong with this picture, my 351 Mustang makes 410hp to the wheels with a solid flat tappet and it's naturally aspired with TFS High Port Heads, oh ya I saw your ganna have p/v clearence issues with your factory piston's on your rusty block!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread