Ford Mustang Forums banner

What size radiator hose?

6K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Eric88 
#1 ·
just got a jegs universal aluminum radiator for my 92 gt and now my stock radiator hoses dont fit ! it looks to need to be a little bigger to slide in ! what size hose do i need ? i have gone around town and all i can find is the stock hoses and cant seem to find some that fit with the same shape ! where can i get some to fit or can i make the stock hoses fit? thanks for any help

#2 ·
Black 4.6 Beast said:
just got a jegs universal aluminum radiator for my 92 gt and now my stock radiator hoses dont fit ! it looks to need to be a little bigger to slide in ! what size hose do i need ? i have gone around town and all i can find is the stock hoses and cant seem to find some that fit with the same shape ! where can i get some to fit or can i make the stock hoses fit? thanks for any help

My stock hoses had "trouble" going on my Griffin because the radiator hose fittings were wider...so I just put a thin coat of wd40 on the outside of the outlets/inlets and wiggled it a bit and they slid on with a little effort and torqued the hose clamps down...and that was that...

I'm not for sure how much bigger yours are than mine...

Good Luck

#3 ·
Assume it is the same size as the Griffin and Summitt. The top one will get on with a little lube. For the lower, turn the hose around. The pump inlet end is larger and will go on the radiator outlet easier. Lube up the pump end and the hose will get on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.