comp cams ex274 anyone run it - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Windsor Tech Forums > 5.0/5.8 Engine Tech

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2003, 12:20 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

comp cams ex274 anyone run it

anyone running the ex274 with a stock bottom end and 1.6 rr and 1.9 valves and have any clearance problems the cam spec's are 224/232 .555/.565 112lsa
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2003, 09:16 AM   #2

anyone???????????
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-16-2003, 09:37 AM   #3

cam

im running that cam right now however you could consider my bottomend stock i have e7 heads that have been angle cut 150 thousanths the compression is like 12.0 to 1however im running stock sized valves and stock rocker arms which can vary 1.47 to 1.6 my clearence was 90 thousandths intake and 100 thousanths exhaust right on the money be vey careful check PTV clearence those eybrows in the stock pistons are not for 1.92 intake valves double check clearence with play doe or putty be safe not sorry thanks Brad
Old 02-16-2003, 08:21 PM   #4

A little off topic, but does anyone have sound or video files of a car with an xe274hr?
Old 02-17-2003, 01:30 AM   #5

ive got the cam. sounds great, even in my 331 which will make it sound a bit milder. in a 306, it will sound fantastic, USE THAT CAM, YOU WONT BE SORRY.

dave.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:39 AM   #6

It's by far the best cam that I've thrown at my car, out of 5 in the last 12 months
Idles great at 900, no vacuum issues, just passed state inspection; with AFR 185's, LT's, performer intake, 373's and 5spd went 112.5mph 2nd time down the 1320... Now I've added a fully ported RPM and AFM 4" power pipe... looking for 1 or 2 mph...
Old 02-17-2003, 03:59 PM   #7

I have the xe274 in my car. I have a video of the motor at idle. Shoot me an email, and I will send it to you. davewarnke@attbi.com
Original owner
Old 02-17-2003, 04:15 PM   #8

Trader Feedback: (1)

Isn't the xe274 basically the same cam as the TFS stage 2 cam, except $100 and change more expensive???
Old 02-17-2003, 08:02 PM   #9

Trader Feedback: (5)

I've got some clips of my car w/that cam in it. Only problem is they are about 3mb each and I don't have anywhere to put them. I can email them to someone if you can host it. Email me at n2ocoupe@attbi.com and I will send them.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:09 PM   #10

Is the xe274hr a good blower cam?

Is anyone running this cam successfully with a blower? Or is there too much overlap for a blower?
Old 02-18-2003, 12:23 AM   #11

blower cam

When I still had the Systemax II intake feeding my 185's, I called a few companies once I'd procured my S-Trim to ask about blower cam suggestions... The duration #'s they recommended were 224/232, same as the 274. Also the lift #'s they suggested were inline, the only difference was that they preferred a 114° ls to the 112 on the XE274HR. I wound up with a lunati custom right in line w/ these specs and had GREAT results, but that was a few motors back. I currently have a friend running the nitrous version of this cam (on a 114° ls) who posts up UNREAL #'s-> 10.04 @ 137 w/ a 331, 6037's, Systemax, and a MAXXED dry kit. This is in Seguin at RiverCity Raceway outside of San Antonio.

Diesel Boy: Yep, there are similarities btw the two cams, but I'd bet that you're paying for a better camshaft w/ the comp. Lift, duration and lobe seperation are significant, but so are the ramp designs, which is what you are paying for... i guess... Also, the TFS cam is well advertised, but try to find someone w/ it in stock. I kick myself that I sold this cam for $80 bucks 4 months before I realized that the XE274hr had the specs that I was looking for... DOH!
Old 02-18-2003, 07:47 AM   #12

Trader Feedback: (21)

i run the 274hr and imo, it works well for me. the comp is different then the stage 2, and the b-4. actually has faster ramps
Freezy306@aol.com
Old 02-18-2003, 08:28 AM   #13

Interesting. Just FWIW, the CC XE 224/236/114 is a very popular grind in Chevy LT1 powered blower cars. It makes great power and will pass an emissions test. The CC XE 224/236/112 is considered a great NA cam. I've got a friend with a 96 Formula locally who ran 117 mph in the 1/4 NA with this cam, ported heads and the stock bottom end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement