What's this hole? (have leak and not sure from where) - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-16-2017, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
What's this hole? (have leak and not sure from where)

I'm getting what looks like maybe coolant pooling up a little bit at the very back of my block in a valley below the PCV valve and at the bell housing....and it's enough to slowly drip down the side of bell housing, etc. But right next to it is a hole with threads in it...but it's very hard to see back there and before I pulled everything off I wanted to see if anyone knew.

The coolant gets into the hole...but it could just be I have a gasket leak and it's flowing from that little valley into the hole (which is my guess). So #1, what's that hole and should it be plugged? #2, what gasket would be leaking back there typically? My passenger side head maybe?

Thanks!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender1.jpg (80.3 KB, 103 views)

'93 GT – Intercooled Procharger, TW 11R 190 Heads, Holley SysteMAX II, FTI Custom Cam, 3500 Stall Conv., Long Tubes/Flowmaster, Detroit Truetrac Diff/3.73’s/Moser Axels, Bilstein Suspension, Steeda Lowering Springs/Control Arms/Caster Camber Plates/Subframe Conn./TB Plates
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-16-2017, 10:04 AM

More than likely an intake gasket leak. The hole I'm not sure either a un used hole or ur missing a bolt.

post #3 of 7 Old 06-16-2017, 11:36 AM

Trader Feedback: (38)
The only thing in that area that I can think of is one of the coolant lines from the egr spacer that goes to the lower intake and the other goes to the heater pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue93hatch View Post
I spec'd my whole build to fit a cold air intake I had

post #4 of 7 Old 06-16-2017, 05:29 PM

Trader Feedback: (59)
Think it might be a blind hole.
since it's in a tough spot I would get a piece of tie wire bend it so you can probe and see if the hole is blind.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-16-2017, 06:04 PM
Authorized corral.net Advertiser

Trader Feedback: (17)
Thats a blind threaded hole on the block. Used for grounds or wire loom clips etc..

Yes I am "Woody", Yes I am the Owner. 110% QUALITY Driven!
630-462-3978 Shop Direct
877-723-5487 Shop Toll-Free

TONS of Build Photos Ck at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Make sure to sign up for

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The single most exciting thing to happen to the small block ford community in a LONG TIME.

post #6 of 7 Old 06-17-2017, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokeme View Post
Thats a blind threaded hole on the block. Used for grounds or wire loom clips etc..
Cool thanks a lot guys! I'll pull of my lower intake as I probably do have a gasket leak then. Just wanted to make sure no related to the mystery hole. Thanks!
post #7 of 7 Old 06-17-2017, 04:56 PM
Authorized corral.net Advertiser

Trader Feedback: (17)
That hole is present on some blocks and not on some blocks but it has nothing to do with your leak whatsoever.

Yes I am "Woody", Yes I am the Owner. 110% QUALITY Driven!
630-462-3978 Shop Direct
877-723-5487 Shop Toll-Free

TONS of Build Photos Ck at

Make sure to sign up for

The single most exciting thing to happen to the small block ford community in a LONG TIME.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement