Ford Mustang Forums banner

TRE Performance 347 11r build thread

17K views 92 replies 14 participants last post by  foxbravo 
#1 ·
A couple weeks ago I put in an order for a 347 with the following:

Block: .030 over TREperformance prepped roller 302 block, clearanced for stroker crank, all bolt holes are tapped, gasket surfaces are cleaned fully, surface decked, and the block is then washed and new expansion plugs and galley plugs installed.
Crank: Scat brand cast steel 3.4" crankshaft for 347(balanced with the rest of the assembly to a 28oz imbalance).
Rods: Scat 5140 forged I beam, 5.4", with arp capscrews
Bearings: King rod and main bearings, and Clevite sh510s cam bearings
Rings: Mahle plasma moly.

additional options ordered:
Performance 347
-5cc custom flat top forged pistons for twisted wedge head
Dark Ford blue paint
Clevite rear main seal installed

I then went back after calling them several days in a row, everytime they answered my questions and assured me of the timeline. I wanted to give them a chance to earn more business. They were very awesome and I took the opportunity to do some other things through them due to their customer service.

I then purchased:
56cc 190CC 11R heads
TFS Stage 2 cam
Dual Roller chain and cam degreed

More to come.

See less See more
#7 ·
I am waiting to see if they will get my block done before SEMA otherwise there may be a delay. I have had the order in and paid for since Sept 26. Its just a short block with a cam and indexed. We are at almost 5 weeks right now but they do have several other full engine builds going on right now as well. I am good with the timeline as I want it done right. They told me all blocks are checked for cracks between water journal and threads and are gone over thouroughly. I am confident they are of the highest quality at any price. Great communication when I call or email. Found my new favorite parts guys.

#8 ·
Just called and yet again these guys took the time to answer my questions. Block and heads are being shipped. Pics and build to start soon.

#14 ·
#16 ·
The block on the engine stand. Wasnt too bad I just picked it up and slid it onto the stand. Ima Beast! The block and rotating assembly had to weigh at least 200lbs. 305lb Deadlift workouts saved the day on this one.

Here is the model number etched on the crank facing the water pump.

Clearance for the Moroso Canton girdle was perfect.

#19 ·
Polished up some valve covers back to like new. Many parts i use are used to keep budget down. I used some metal polish to renew these valve covers to new.

https://youtu.be/FRooR25qnSA

#21 ·
Lifters dowel pins and head gasket install. The head gasket is .039 felpro. The dowel pins are from a 1994 ford bronco but new from felpro. Oreilleys could not find a part number for me so i told them to check the trucks. They then had them in stock.

https://youtu.be/Nt5t0N5EqTw

#24 ·
New chromed timing marker indicator. Bet you never seen one of these off the shelf.

#27 ·
Painting the timing cover natural aluminum. Just playing with the build right now. Thx for checking out my build.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.