stock holley 750 82751 jetting? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Windsor Tech Forums > 5.0/5.8 Engine Tech

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #1

Trader Feedback: (5)

stock holley 750 82751 jetting?

Holley 750 4150 82751 I bought this carb used and I think the jetting is all messed up. I want to put it back to stock for a starting point. I've sent holley emails but I never hear back. I've searched google and the best jetting chart I found has every carb except mine! I have 70-78 jets in it now and its on a 400rwhp 351w thorugh a c4 and it seems lean but I dont have a airfuel gauge I just know its not running like it should be.
94 cobra, 10:1, Forged Pistons, Performer RPM's, Sytemax, .544/.544 212/218,TwEECer, Fluidyne Radiator, Long tubes, Prochamber, Ultraflow's, Aeromotive FPR, 255lph, Comp 1.6 Roller Rockers, Comp Hydraulic Lifters, MSD 6A Ignition, Bilsteins, Alum. driveshaft, spec 2+, 31spl, 4.10's.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #2

Trader Feedback: (0)

Here are some jets sizes for List 3310 series which are 750 cfm.
JETTING (MAIN JETS):
Due to varied applications that a universal performance carburetor will work with, a few tips on jetting are provided to help you understand their purpose.
1. Out of the box jetting is extremely close for most applications.
2. Carburetors are calibrated at 70° at sea level. Decrease the jet size primary and secondary, one number for every 2000 ft. increase in altitude.
3. Holley® jets are broached, flowed, and stamped according to flow rate. NEVER drill jets, as this seriously alters flow characteristics. Stamped numbers are reference numbers and DO NOT indicate drill size.
4. In most cases it will be unnecessary to increase jet size more than four numbers greater than out of the box jetting. Exceptions could arise when the carburetor is mounted on a very large volume, plenum-ram manifold.
5. Spark plugs provide the best indication of proper jetting. Consult an ignition manual for proper reading of spark plugs.
POWER VALVES:
The number stamped on a power valve, such as 65, indicates the manifold vacuum below which the power valve is operational. In this case, all manifold vacuums below 6.5” Hg, the power valve is operating. Generally a 65 power valve is sufficient for most high performance applications that have a manifold vacuum of 12” Hg or higher. However, some problems can result with radically cammed machines equipped with automatic transmissions. These vehicles often “idle” at 2000 rpm, approx. 6.0” Hg. At this point the main nozzles are starting to feed and richen the mixture (supplied by the power valve) and the engine will probably “load up”. To correct this problem, install a 45 or 35 power valve. If the engine has a manifold vacuum of 12” Hg or less, a good way to determine power valve size is take the manifold vacuum at idle and divide that number by two. The answer is the power valve size. This will provide idling and proper fuel flow under wide open throttle conditions when manifold vacuums seldom rise above 1” Hg.
CARBURETOR SPECIFICATIONS:
CARBURETOR #
PRIMARY METERING JET
SECONDARY METERING JETS OR PLATE
PUMP DISCHARGE NOZZLE
PRIMARY POWER VALVE
SECONDARY DIAPHRAGM SPRING
0-80459SA
70 Primary jets
21 PLATE*
0.031 squirter size
65 power valve
Black secondary spring color
0-80508S
21 PLATE*
Black
0-80508SA
21 PLATE*
Black
0-80783C
73 JETS
Black
0-3310S
21 PLATE*
Black
0-3310C
21 PLATE*
Black
0-3310SA
21 PLATE*
Black
*21 PLATE is equivalent to 75 JET
Old 11-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (5)

Thanks i ended up tracking down holleys phone number and calling.

They said 75/80 jets and no secondary powervalve. I did that and went 5 tenths faster than it did on the old settings. It went 11.30 @ 118.54 with a 1.58 60ft leaving at 3500rpm. Hunting for 10s next year with my custom cam i ordered
94 cobra, 10:1, Forged Pistons, Performer RPM's, Sytemax, .544/.544 212/218,TwEECer, Fluidyne Radiator, Long tubes, Prochamber, Ultraflow's, Aeromotive FPR, 255lph, Comp 1.6 Roller Rockers, Comp Hydraulic Lifters, MSD 6A Ignition, Bilsteins, Alum. driveshaft, spec 2+, 31spl, 4.10's.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement