Mild 347 build - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Windsor Tech Forums > 5.0/5.8 Engine Tech

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 09:12 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (4)

Mild 347 build

My 306 recently spun a rod bearing(or something to that effect). This is the 2nd time in 3 years. Within the next few weeks, I plan on purchasing a 347 rotating assembly. My 331 did not have a budget limit. This one will. The limit is $2,000(for everything). I fully understand that "budget" and "stroker" should not be used in the same sentence. However, I feel, I can make a reliable stroker for a small cost. With that said, all of my 306 parts will be thrown on this 347. Top end combo:
. Edelbrock E-Streets(190cc)w/double valvesprings
. Comp XE274HR(currently is a 264hr)
. Cobra intake
As they say: 302 parts make 302 power. So my goal is 315rwhp/350rwtrq. This is a DD, so I figure this should be plenty. Now my main two rotating kits are either Coast or Eagle:

Eagle- Eagle Specialty Products B16422LS030 - Eagle Street and Strip Rotating Assemblies - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Coast- 10660-SF-F347 - Ford 347 Flat Top -4.0cc Street Fighter Engine Kit

I am leaning more toward Eagle due to the fact it is a complete kit for a couple hundred less. As for quality I have read they are both pretty decent. One of my main questions regards the valve reliefs on the pistons(for both kits). Are they normally notched deeper to accept larger cams;say the Comp 274HR?

Any insight would be great. Much appreciated!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
Authorized corral.net Advertiser

Trader Feedback: (16)

You want a scat crank, scat rod and your choice of piston. You will increase your odds that the crank is actually useable out of the box. Eagle would be last on my list.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

TONS of Build Photos Ck at Facebook

Make sure to sign up for
SBFBuilding.com The single most exciting thing to happen to the small block ford community in a LONG TIME.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-15-2011, 10:07 PM   #3

I really appreciate this info coming from you! Thanks!
Old 05-16-2011, 12:25 AM   #4

Trader Feedback: (13)

Swap the intake for something good and you will have 375whp or so. My 347 (342 really) with AFR205s and XE274 with Vic 5.0 did 400whp and idled like a factory car with flawless driveability. Mine was the Coasthigh Streetfighter with Probe pistons. Also mine lived over 100k miles.

Last edited by Goody_Seven; 05-16-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:54 AM   #5

Trader Feedback: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody_Seven View Post
Swap the intake for something good and you will have 375whp or so. My 347 (342 really) with AFR205s and XE274 with Vic 5.0 did 400whp and idled like a factory car with flawless driveability. Mine was the Coasthigh Streetfighter with Probe pistons. Also mine lived over 100k miles.

thats what im talking about i hope mine lives just as long!
stock block w/ CHP 347 kit. TW170 heads. Vic 5.0 intake. Accufab 75mm Race TB. XE282 cam. Novi 1000. 1-3/4 LTs. 3" X. borla pro xs mufflers. TKO500. 3.73s. BA2400 MAF.42s. Moates QH & BE2012. Tuned by Willie @ DirtyDirtyRacing. 450/410 @ 7#
Old 05-16-2011, 12:02 PM   #6

Trader Feedback: (0)

I am very happy with my coast 331 street fighter. I have the same estreet 5023 heads and a cobra intake. I don't have track times or dyno numbers but the car is a blast to drive on the street. I have to change intake gaskets so I also purchased a rpm2 intake I figured it may help at the top end. I will post numbers when I get them.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:41 PM   #7

Trader Feedback: (13)

Maybe something like this....

SCAT Engine Components 1-94055 - Scat Engine Rotating Assemblies - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Old 05-17-2011, 12:55 AM   #8

I appreciate everything guys. I think more or less I'm going to go with the Coast kit, although that Scat kit looks pretty decent as well. So we'll see...

The Cobra intake is going to be a huge restriction. But it will temporarily work. Swapping an intake is a three hour swap. So it is no biggie. The heads would be next on my list to replace. But again, they can always be swapped later. And Curry, let me know when you get some dyno numbers. it would be interesting to see what this combo makes. And Goody, that cam sounds great. I am getting excited!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement