Ford Mustang Forums banner

WORLD'S FASTEST STOCK SHORTBLOCK 5.0!!!

34K views 122 replies 49 participants last post by  dgrobels 
#1 ·
#2 ·
dont get sucked into the ...well it is a stock block..who really knows but the person who built it, people do tend to be full of chit

#7 ·
All the information is in the link he provided.

THANKS KEVIN ROLAND PETE SAMMY FOR THE HELP FRIDAY NIGHT . I MEAN ALL NIGHT. IT WAS YOU GUYS THAT MADE IT HAPPEN. WE MADE HER LAST DANCE A GOOD ONE .NOT MANY PEOPLE CAN SAY THEY MADE 815 RWHP WITH A STOCK BLOCK CRANK RODS PISTON WITH NO GIRDLE. I'LL I CAN SAY IS THANKS TO THE HED CREW FOR ALL THEY HAVE DONE FOR ME AND MY CAR. WE WILL MOVE ON WITH A NEW MOTOR THIS WINTER.

#9 ·
now if someone can see the block number that would be good,but who says then the the lower end is stock, it could be a stroker motor and no way to tell , could be a full 4340 forged lower end ,

#10 ·
The block does not make power. Neither does the crank, rods, or pistons.

Obviously a "stock block" can make any amount of power it can, as a matter of luck, until it blows up.

A friend of mine (Cleo Spears) ran a comp eliminator car that was a national record holder. He ran in the 7's at 175 MPH running N/A.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa4078/is_200503/ai_n13476031/

All he would do is go to the junk yard and buy certain year truck engines. He would not balance them, change the rings, change the bearings, or anything. He would just bolt his heads and intake on, fly cut the pistons without taking them out of the block, throw his cam in, and run them until they blew. He never spent anything on the short block, and for years he would set records (which was pretty damn fast).

It's about like saying "I have the fastest stock paint car". Big deal.

#13 ·
It's nothing short of miracle work what some of the tuners on these turbo cars can do, prime example is Steve Petty, now i know Steve and those guys are NOT tuning on a stock shortblock but the basic premise is indeed "sneeking up on a tune" that works and saves parts, this particular tuner speaks of being soft on the pistons with his tune so as not to shock the rotating assembly. I personally believe that these gents did what they say they did and furthermore knew they weren't tuning for longevity just for bragging rights. Kudos to them.:salute:

#17 · (Edited)
I know the guy personally.. John Brown to be specific.. I have seen inside the block and its internals and verified for my self.. It has an HP stage 3 kit with the 76 that comes from HP. This is what happens when you have a great tuner and you do not care if it blows up the next pass.. I am amazed everything it makes it down the track... HED is the ticket for going fast!

#18 ·
I'm local to him also all above is true I can probably provide video and timeslips. It's tuned by my bud Pete Harrell(and Kevin Mullens) at Harrel engine and dyno. And I saw the motor apart when the last cam went in. The pistons are stock but have been flycut for the solid flat tappet cam. The 815rwhp was made after an all night thrash to put an a 88mm turbo on. The 5.83 pass was on 275 m/t drag radials with a soft leave and a 1.56 60' due to no testing with the new turbo. And the 3200 lbs was chacked after that pass at Rockinham per the 275 race rules.

#19 ·
everything u r hearing is true. We are all from the same area and have seen this car at the track as well as the shop. Ran a stock bottom end for 2 years plus. Street car at that. He often drove it to Farmington Dragway, and even drove it to HED to get tuned, which is about an hour from the car owners house.

If you have never heard of this, or refuse to believe it then maybe your next tune will be worth your time taking a trip to Denton, NC and visit HED.

#26 ·
Nah not really, people tend to believe the honest story tellers with others that can back up the claim. When somebody comes in and basically tell of a combination and what's been done to the car. Most of us can tell whether or not it's believeable.

Now if the guy would have said it went a 5.28@128, the brakes went out and he had to bail out of the car at the big end, well that's an easy one there. :bs:

#23 ·
VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!..........they definitely know thier CHIT!;)

#27 ·
Well all I can say is that I have never seen that kind of HP made with a stock block/bottom end until now............

I must have been getting all the bad 5.0 thin wall castings with the three that have split from the mains to the cam tunnel.....

If the 800+ hp is actually true then all I can say is congratulations!!!

Dale

#30 ·
I believe him. My buddy that i run oulaw 10.5 with is putting together a street car with a motor he bought from another local guy, mexican blocked 347 with twin 67mm's. Suppososed to have made around 1100 at the crank but i have never seen proof. The motor has been together for about 2 years though i'm not expecting it to last much longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.