Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
I would kill to find a 351 roller block like that. If you cant afford the 393/408 stroker kits do this:
1. Disassemble to bare block
2. take, pistons and rods to be shot peened and cleaned up
3. Take crank to machine shop to see if it needs polishing
4. Get a ball hone and electric drill and hone the cylinders...do this in and up and down motion to get the crosshatching effect. This will remove any lip and the top of the cylinder.
5.Drench block in degreaser and hose it down with soap and water.
6. Immediately after being cleaned DRENCH the block in wd-40
7.Buy new bearings and rings and assemble.
A buddy and me did this on his 427 nitrous windsor motor and the car ran in the high 8s without any problems at all!
03 2v 5spd: MMR 4.75 stroker, ON3 76mm kit, CMS stage 2 Turbo cams 3.73s, cold air, BBK throttle plenum,, sct software, upper and lower control arms. Spec stage 3 clutch. Lethal Return fuel system w/ Twin 255s firstname.lastname@example.org with a 2.067 60'