First build. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 12-18-2016, 03:12 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
First build.

I'm building a 351Cleveland for my 63 f100. This being my first engine build I'm looking for any recommendations. I've gotten most parts. Such as a stock cam and tapits timing casgets. I'm looking at pistons and bearings on summit and I've found a machine shop to do the block and heads. But however as I've said I'm just looking for first times tips and recommendations

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-19-2016, 05:58 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
do you have the factory 2v or 4v port heads?, i would not recommend wasting any money or time on 2V port heads as they are inferior to the 4V port head for performance.

!Grab em by the p*ssy!... !TRUMP 2017-2025! ...!make America Grab again!
post #3 of 5 Old 12-21-2016, 05:34 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Depends if you are talking about open or closed chamber 4V. Aussie 2V woudl be best for torque in a truck.

1991 Notch, 408W, TKO 600

post #4 of 5 Old 12-22-2016, 11:03 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
the aussie 2V heads are just a novelty, the real problem with the 2V heads is there inferior int/exh port design and small valves, the 2V assie add on "closed chamber" is also still inferior to the org america 4V cc version.

internet aussies and there fanboys are responsible for most all of the bullshat propaganda about there inferior Ford hand me down band aid fix 2v "cc" assie heads (and many other bs lies on the net).

bottom line is anyone that really understands the org american 4V head wont touch/waist there money on the inferior factory after thought 2V head designs as reselling/getting your money out of old factory 2v junk is much harder than if you invested it in 4V stuff. its true that the open chamber head design has issues with detonation, the way to help fix it is with a specific oc type pop up piston, problem is you have get them custom made now as no one makes them anymore...

old 11.5:1 compression TRW #2408 open chamber piston...

and those that cry about the 4V ports being to big for small ci low rpm stuff seem to forget or dont know about FORDs own intake port inserts/fillers/stuffers which have been around from the begining of the 4V head design.

!Grab em by the p*ssy!... !TRUMP 2017-2025! ...!make America Grab again!
post #5 of 5 Old 12-25-2016, 01:41 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
I built a stroker 351C about 2 yrs ago. It's 390 cubes now and I love it. It's 11.6:1, I went with '70 closed port 4v heads, solid lifter cam, and a Holley Ultra HP 750. It made 500hp w/ 475 ft lbs of torque (5,100). The max rpm is 6,200 and it's a beast. In my sons '85 GT the car has run the best of a 10.93! Good luck on your build!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1987 LX Coupe, 4.30's, QA1 k-member, coil overs, Team Z Strip Series 1, Strange, Moser 9", M/T's.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement