New C intakes out - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 Old 06-13-2012, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
New C intakes out

I seen SM/PC has made a few MORE new neat A3 type C and W intakes, reminds me of the old svo 9424 intakes.

9.2 one
FORD 351c FUSION SERIES EASY PORT INTAKE MANIFOLD 3500-8500 RPM 9.2 DECK | eBay

9.5 one
FORD 351W FUSION SERIES EASY PORT INTAKE MANIFOLD 3500-8500 RPM 9.5 DECK | eBay

Last edited by boss; 06-13-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 06-13-2012, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

New C intakes

another 2-4 one that looks like it would even fit good on factory 4V heads?. I just wish pc/sm would hurry up and make a modern 2-4 clevor tunnel ram!.
351c FORD DUAL CARB MANIFOLD SATIN ALUMINUM RACE STREET 1500 TO 6500RPM | eBay

and another
FORD 351c Procomp intake Manifold 1500-5500 RPM 3v | eBay

Last edited by boss; 06-14-2012 at 10:23 PM.
post #3 of 42 Old 06-13-2012, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Top end kits

Seen they got some really neat (good bang for the buck) complete top end kits too.

FORD 351c 3V RACE AND PERFORMANCE TOP END KIT WITH 2 PIECE INTAKE MANIFOLD | eBay

another version
FORD 351c 3V STREET AND STRIP TOP END KIT WITH ALUMINUM INTAKE MANIFOLD | eBay

post #4 of 42 Old 06-13-2012, 11:25 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
All are pure junk
Stock parts will run circles around that junk
post #5 of 42 Old 06-13-2012, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

lol

well I guess you... cant fix stupid lol

730HP n/a with pump gas with junk heads lol

Street Cup - Project Max Effort 0 Popular Hot Rodding Magazine

Last edited by boss; 06-13-2012 at 11:59 PM.
post #6 of 42 Old 06-14-2012, 12:22 AM

Well I'll put my REAL 600hp factory 4v heads up to that inflated dyno breaking apart at the 1/8 motor
Lol
post #7 of 42 Old 06-14-2012, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

lol again...

looks like some guys here need to get some help ...

again,... ("never seen so much crying bs propaganda on some of these so called "auto forums" from some of the online internet parts peddlers/vendors and there islamist fanboys trying to keep the status quo going with there own bs agendas shepherding/peddling/pushing over priced parts on internet forums lol. Bar None, auto forums are the worst for this internet forum vendor/parts peddler sales bs. its hilarious how some of the "china junk" trolls push the offshore import scm/chi/afd crap so hard/much online as its NOT! even American lol, hell the import Avenger heads are More American than the over priced offshore import scm/chi/afd china cast stuff is lol. The sm/pc bashing/propaganda by some of the islamist fanboys/internet parts peddlers on some of these so called auto forums is really pathetic as its a FACT guys have been making 1000+HP with SM/PC products, heads, blocks, cranks, rods... Speedmaster/Procomp")
post #8 of 42 Old 06-18-2012, 01:18 PM

No reason to attack - most people who have posted on the internet after purchasing parts from Chinese Pro Comp do not think they are very good quality. This includes both heads and intakes. I'm not sure about casting porosity, but I know that recessed seats have been a significant problem. I think it's good to have both sides of the issue in the thread.

LET THE BUYER BEWARE!!

2016 GT350
'70 convertible 302/C4

Last edited by Hack; 06-18-2012 at 01:21 PM.
post #9 of 42 Old 06-18-2012, 04:58 PM

Boss must work for PC
Nobody likes PC that's a gearhead
post #10 of 42 Old 06-18-2012, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

LOL, I am hobbyist up in cnd dummy , but I would buy shares if I could as sm/pc does a few million in sales a yr in the usa alone.

but go ahead and cry/spin it however you like too make yourselves feel better

post #11 of 42 Old 06-19-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdewcowboy View Post
Boss must work for PC
Nobody likes PC that's a gearhead
Yeah maybe he does work for PC.

The two piece intake thing is interesting. I can see all sorts of possible problems including the seal between the two halves failing only when the engine is hot (or cold), the threaded tabs breaking, carb not fitting well or not sealing, etc. Just the variation from a decked block versus not or the natural uneven surfaces in a block from Ford that hasn't been decked could cause some issues with an intake like that.

I'm sure not going to spend my money on something like that - I prefer the safe bet with well-proven parts.

2016 GT350
'70 convertible 302/C4
post #12 of 42 Old 06-19-2012, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

I agree you should stick with your "safe bet" parts if thats what your comfortable with, its a free world right. Btw there are other split intakes out there also that work just fine so i'm not sure you know what your talking about.

So the problem with your comments is its ALL bs speculation and NOT fact and mildewcowboys stupid rhetoric is also as usefull as titys on a bull (guess he's been in a coma since SM-PC first started up).

If either one of you actually has one of these intakes that you could post some factual info on it... now that would be usefull to those interested... other wise you two are just blowing hot air out your sphincters.

here's an example of some nonspeculation/usefull info.

351 cleveland low rise 2 4 barrel intake

!Grab em by the p*ssy!... !TRUMP 2017-2025! ...!make America Grab again!

Last edited by boss; 06-19-2012 at 02:16 PM.
post #13 of 42 Old 06-20-2012, 01:21 PM

Ford 335 "Cleveland" Series Engine Forum: 2x4 intake for the 351c

Here's an example of non-speculation. This guy bought the 2x carb intake from PC. He's selling it since after looking at it he doesn't want to use it.

2016 GT350
'70 convertible 302/C4
post #14 of 42 Old 06-20-2012, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

LOL

Way to go, nice try/twist dummy but its the same guy lol.... and he only bought the int in the first place to critic and post info on it lol.

post #15 of 42 Old 07-02-2012, 10:40 PM

Pro Comp heads are made in Australia, aren't they?

I thought it was the Pro Top Line heads that were made in China.

1969 fastback street car project underway.

Beware of leftist/liberals/democrats posing as Americans.
post #16 of 42 Old 07-03-2012, 02:45 AM Thread Starter

Many castings/parts are coming from asia/china today so I would not be concerned about this, there casting tech is good. SCAT, K1TECH, EAGLE, CALLIES, LUNATI, FRP, HOLLEY, MOLNAR, RPM, WEIAND, MSD, COMPCAMS, BBM, MRGASKET, PROCOMP, MANLEY, RPC, FLOTEK, PROFPRODUCTS, PATRIOT, RHS, ARROW, AFD AND MANY MANY MORE get castings and or components from china. Whats more important is, WHO is doing the quality control/finish work at this end of things.
post #17 of 42 Old 07-03-2012, 04:25 AM Thread Starter

Procomp/Speedmaster

Just a few pics of there older 351c sm/pc A3 version funnelweb intake, really like how big/much the ports can be opened up in it...

https://speedmaster79.com/pce1471081...anifold-satin/

And there older 351c sm/pc sheet aluminum intake, wish they had a big/er port version of it...

https://speedmaster79.com/pce1471082...anifold-satin/

Last edited by boss; 07-03-2012 at 04:47 AM.
post #18 of 42 Old 07-03-2012, 01:17 PM

Even if the stuff were good - which it isn't - I would not buy from a THIEF of intellectual property. Ripping off someone else's hard work.

2016 GT350
'70 convertible 302/C4
post #19 of 42 Old 07-03-2012, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

LOL... DUH

LOL... LET ME GUESS... you must of got some of your fantastic BS info from a few morons at that 351C.unts

Sorry...wrong... Parker sold the rights to some of his intakes. The Procomp funnel web intakes are the REAL DEAL LOL and PC has the RIGHTS to make them.

I understand mr Parker said the real "THIEF of intellectual property" was a USA company/guys in WA state that screwed him/Parker. Procomp did not rip off mr Parker of anything... and again has the Rights to make the PC funnelweb

Last edited by boss; 07-03-2012 at 01:44 PM.
post #20 of 42 Old 07-06-2012, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

post #21 of 42 Old 07-07-2012, 03:09 PM

Trader Feedback: (39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss View Post
LOL... LET ME GUESS... you must of got some of your fantastic BS info from a few morons at that 351c.net

Sorry...wrong... Parker sold the rights to some of his intakes. The Procomp funnel web intakes are the REAL DEAL LOL and PC has the rights to make them.

I understand Mr Parker said the real "THIEF of intellectual property" was a USA company/guys in WA state that screwed him/Parker. Procomp did not rip off Mr Parker of anything... and again has the rights to make the PC funnelweb

Ummm when I talked to Terry on the phone he told me he was ripped off and has used all of his money fighting in court and can no longer win this battle. He even was threaten! So I have no clue where you get your information but I talked to him a few times! Now as for PC I have never really used there stuff so I cant say if they are good or bad. But I am glad Cleveland stuff is out and still alive. Eddy makes some good stuff and so does Trick flow, I have touched there stuff at NMRA!

TOO_NUTS Racing
N/A- Pump Gas- 408 Clevor - 6.08@112.92.
Best 60ft on stock type suspension 1.28
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
UPR UCA/ Megabyte lowers/ stock anti roll bar. No battle boxes!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #22 of 42 Old 07-07-2012, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

China bashing

Hi Nutzz, the problem is there was some BS started by a few lying IDIOTS at 351C.unts about parkers ints that do NOT have a F'n clue of what the REAL truth is, some of them just went off the deep end with there own bs fantasys and others just ate it up as if it were fact... which it was not. IMO think it has more to do with the "China bashing" factor MORE than anything else, I am sure you also know I personaly got into it with a few rocket scientist retards on that screwed up loonie 351C.unts site with there bs propaganda... IMO some there are just pissed off they now own a CHINA owned company detomaso chintera car... http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...nvestment-firm ...

seems most guys dont have a F'n clue how much of these parts are coming from asia... LOTS!. Since you mentioned EDEL stuff, Im sure they are proud that they do there own casting now but do you also know all the valve train parts in those heads are from asia, there are MAY more company examples, K1TECH, SCAT, EAGLE, CALLIES, LUNATI, FRP, HOLLEY, WISECO, MOLNAR, RPM, WEIAND, MSD, FLOTEK, COMPCAMS, BBM, MRGASKET, CAT, PROCOMP, SRP, MANLEY, RPC, PROFPRODUCTS, RHS, PATRIOT, ARROW, AFD AND MANY MORE. Your post above is not fully complete as you forgot to mention that mr parker was fighting in court with/got threatend by USA guys/company in WA... NOT... SM/PC... http://www.parkerracing.net.au/lobes.html

Anyway this is ALL OLD news...

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...4&postcount=16

("I ACTUALLY SPOKE WITH TERRY PARKER TODAY. Just to clear up some stories floating around about the Parker intakes...the ones now sold on ebay and other sites are not "copycats" they are indeed the same exact intake however they are now being cast in China. Terry sold the rights to Pro Comp Electronics")

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...04&postcount=5

("I tried a fully ported super victor and a fully ported funnelweb and the funnelweb made considerable more power and it was an Ebay funnelweb. They all are. INFACT I SPOKE TO TERRY PARKER MANY TIMES. he used to call me for updates all the time. he had a financial problem and the rights were sold off and they are all being made elsewhere. he could not afford to keep making them in Australia with the slow sales. he had to sell them for very high prices to break even. remember when it first came out?? I think it was like 600-800 for the unported intake. I will take a chinese version anydays")

BTW, check out the great flow #'s of Mr Parkers own funnel web ported Pro Comp heads...

http://www.parkerracing.net.au/flowtest01.html

https://speedmaster79.com/pce1471081...anifold-satin/

Last edited by boss; 07-07-2012 at 04:45 PM.
post #23 of 42 Old 07-09-2012, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzz View Post
I am glad Cleveland stuff is out and still alive.
Forgot to mention, I am with you on this 100%. The C was circling the toilet bowl and was going to go down it, I am happy to see ANY new parts for these old engines. My one big hope still is that PC will come out with a modern dual four clevor type tunnel ram for there W block and C head combo. I know Pro Comp is making new blocks, heads and int now for the chevy LS engines, I really hope Procomp keeps making more new products for these old C ford engines too, would be trick if they were to make clevor versions of there new W blower and W webber intakes.

351w FORD DOWNDRAFT MANIFOLD WEBER STYLE THROTTLE BODIES | eBay

SBF FORD 351w 408 671 871 BLOWER MANIFOLD BOTTOM | eBay

Last edited by boss; 07-09-2012 at 05:05 PM.
post #24 of 42 Old 07-09-2012, 09:49 PM

The problem I have with buying something made in China, no matter what it is, and aside from the quality issues is the fact of not doing business to support my own country.

I buy Chinese parts when I feel like I have no other choice. Usually this is because what I'm wanting isn't made in the US anymore.

I wouldn't mind, however, buying something that was made in Australia or Europe. Why? Because for the most part, those people are just like the people here in the US. The Chinese in a lot of cases have a very different outlook on the world in many ways I don't agree with. Not to mention, they are a communist country.

post #25 of 42 Old 07-10-2012, 06:56 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Chinese supply has become so deeply ingraind in our society that unless you are a hermit you buy, use and own a chinese made products.

It doesnt matter if it is a set of PC heads or a bic pen, its made in China (yes bic is also made elsewhere like Britain as well.) You probably have at least 100 items in your house right now from China, lets not even get started on the Computer or Laptop or phone that you are using.

The only thing I have to say about PC products is that they kick ass with some skillfull porting clean up work, otherwise I have no other exp with them.
post #26 of 42 Old 07-10-2012, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

China Bashing

I can understand the desire to support your own country, thats normal for ALL peoples... Sadly some Americans are just looking at things the wrong way, you are STILL supporting American workers and familys by buying these products as these companys ARE IN America and ...EMPLOY... and keep Americans working... at SCAT, K1TECH, EAGLE, CALLIES, LUNATI, FRP, WISECO, HOLLEY, CAT, MOLNAR, RPM, WEIAND, MSD, COMPCAMS, BBM, MRGASKET, SRP, PROCOMP, RHS, MANLEY, RPC, PROFPRODUCTS, FLOTEK, PATRIOT AND MANY MANY MORE.

MSD... "made in china"

WEIAND... "cast in china"

Last edited by boss; 07-10-2012 at 05:06 PM.
post #27 of 42 Old 07-12-2012, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

C intakes

Heres a few more aussie intakes from Redline for the C some may not know about that i understand are also cast in asia.

This ones a aussie copy of the old holley street dominator.
Hardiman

Hardiman

Hardiman
post #28 of 42 Old 07-13-2012, 08:40 AM

And here's a thread to support the argument.. I agree Procomp out of the box isnt usually the wisest decision but it's a great way to have a "clean slate" on a budget..

OK My Ford Friends

this is a pretty common practice by engine builders these days, folks... There's a few well known shops out there that buy these castings bare and sell them as their own proprietery head... which is still truthful, because when these shops get done with these heads they are no longer Procomps..

Car!
post #29 of 42 Old 07-13-2012, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

new 351Chintera heads/blocks/intakes

Hi windsordeath, good info in link, thanks.

I think there might be a few DETOCHINOMASO CHINTERA ranting communist hypocrite loonies on 351C.unts right now that may feel like someone has crashed there special little lying bs propaganda party...

>>> http://www.precisionproformance.com/en1000.php <<<

Last edited by boss; 07-13-2012 at 05:23 PM.
post #30 of 42 Old 07-13-2012, 03:48 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
just keep giving you money china your money

1962 falcon stock 1992 302 short block, RHS heads, 1.5 inch headers ..bullet cam ..victor jr.. 11.56@113mph on 26x8.5 inch slicks with 1962 suspension(under construction getting back halved)

1979 zephyr , 393w, bone stock 1979 suspension on 26-8.5 tires 10.94@121
post #31 of 42 Old 07-13-2012, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

???

What the frick are you talking about man?... the fricking chinaman is not the issue here... you are paying mostly Whitey Owned, American Companys for your parts... Not china... some guys get worried for nothing/need to relax and just fricken take it easy man...

Last edited by boss; 07-13-2012 at 05:53 PM.
post #32 of 42 Old 07-17-2012, 07:40 PM

It's not about the 'Chinaman'. It's about quality issues. There is a 'cause and effect' involved here.

The chinese parts have a reputation for being poor quality. This may not be the case all the time, but it has been a case enough times for people to be sceptical of buying parts made in China. If they were cast in Japan, Korea, the US, or some Euro nation I can almost guarantee the threads questioning the quality of these parts would hardly ever come up.

So therefore because chinese parts have a reputation for poor quality, the effect is that people are going to be sceptical of buying parts casted in China.

The new 2011-up S197 mustangs are a perfect example of poorer quality from China. The 6-speed transmissions are made in China, the automatics are not. There have been much more quality issues associated with the 6 speeds than automatics. Wonder why?

Last edited by Raceallday1; 07-17-2012 at 08:09 PM.
post #33 of 42 Old 07-17-2012, 08:15 PM

Also to a comment above about China not being communist...

China is very much a communist nation. There are very few human rights. Mandantory abortion of certain unborn fetuses, no freedom of speech, religion, or to own firearms. I bet their labor laws are practically non existant also. Probably a good reason for lack of quality.

I'm sure if I had been running a machine that casted parts for 24 hours straight without a break because my supervisor forced me to keep working I would probably screw some stuff up also.

post #34 of 42 Old 07-20-2012, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

bs propaganda

Unfortunatly... your post is more propaganda than it is fact... So I would say...

you do realize that the MAJORITY of engine stroker kits on the market for many many years now (cranks, rods and more) have/are ALL coming from china... right lol?... so again the/your "quality" control has everything to do with the whitey american company your paying over here as they are the ones selling us the parts... not china lol.

Also for another comparison, GM casts there LS blocks in INDIA&MEXICO, GM is putting these indian/mexican cast blocks in there USA cars NOT the indians/mexicans... If there is a problem with the LS block you take it to back to an american company that you Bought it from for repairs... Not india/mexico lol... just like you take the tranny back to Ford usa... not china lol.

Finaly you need to do some homework, china has the most Millonares ON THIS PLANET... were do you think they are are all coming from lol... the WORKING CLASS LOL... the rest, speech, religion, firearms and the rest of your propaganda is JUST that. America has many many of there own skeletons in there closet... SLAVERY... is just one good example, so really... should china be looking at the USA for how to be/what a good capatilist is or should be LOL... NO F'n WAY LOL!

Hey maybe china could get some good american capitalist advise on how to do things from the Enron guys... or Bernie madoff... on how to do it the right (american) way... right lol.

I am sure they will sort out what style of capitalism works for them.... anyway this is getting WAY off topic.

Last edited by boss; 07-20-2012 at 06:57 PM.
post #35 of 42 Old 07-21-2012, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

pc/sm Clevor! intakes

I just seen another Clevor type intake out, very cool... but come on!... we need a new dual carb high ram 9.5" Clevor tunnel ram!... when can we have one???

FORD 351c SPEEDMASTER ALUMINUM INTAKE MANIFOLD 1500-5500 RPM 3v STYLE HEADS | eBay

Last edited by boss; 07-21-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement