Ford Mustang Forums banner

2.3L Turbo Coupe or SVO Mustang Engine

WTB 
3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  2000_Lightning_SVT 
#1 ·
Looking for parts to build a shortblock, or will consider complete engine. LMK what you have. I have a block with a hole in it. Thanks

#4 ·
Long story short, I need an engine to build. Kicked some rods out the side of the block in 2 places. Feel free to send me a pm with Pricing for Block/Crank, and head. I will install a set of forged rods/pistons. The car has a PTE GT35-61mm billet wheel turbo. Made over 500 to the tire before it kicked the rods.

#6 ·
The owner provided dyno sheets from the previous combination. Aftermarket pistons/rods, ported head/intake, cam, and bigger turbo. Made 525rwhp at 20psi. I'm skeptical as I know that dyno shop has inflated numbers before. However it has another turbo now which is more efficient, and makes more boost. When it goes back together I aim to back up the dyno numbers with more accurate data. Personally I think it will take more than 20psi to get there with such low compression. Time will tell.

#11 ·
I have for sale:
cleaned and fresh honed 2.3T block from a 1986 turbo coupe.
stage 4 head/stage 4 cam combo from Boport with heavy springs and big valves.
CP pistons for a 2.3T (paid $250)
billet rods from Boport (paid $250)
new rod and main bearings
main caps have been machined for a strap kit that is also included
let me know if you would be interested in this making room for a new build will sell discounted

#14 ·
Found my invoices for the head/cam combo and the pistons, rods and rings here is what i have into everything (numbers are rounded down a little)

2.3 head/cam from boport- 3000
cp pistons - 500
rods - 500
Block - 150
Strap kit - 200
Machine work - 150
manifolds - 125
LA# ECU - 100
bearings - 50

Thats a total of $4775
I feel that $4225 plus shipping would be fair. Thats $550 off for parts you cant even get anymore. I attached the invoices so you can see everything used on the head.

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.