Ford Mustang Forums banner

Need to remove headliner..

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  PASSDU2 
#1 ·
I still have a red healiner (went to gray interior over the winter). Now that spring is kinda here, I want to take it down.

Its a hatch/t top car, the dome light, t top trim, seals and rear metal piece in the back are no brainers.. but the front stuff has me puzzled.

How are the A pillar and front windshield trim removed? Do I have to remove both or can I just take the front piece off? Thats the only part that really holds it in (I believe) once you pull the other stuff off.

Thanks,
Adam

#2 ·
the A pillar plastic pieces have screws in them, 2 or 3 i believe.

and the front piece (the metal piece that hides the seem between the window and the headliner) just rips off the same as the metal stuff in the rear, if i recall correctly

#3 ·
You have to remove the windshield trim piece first. It just snaps in/out, give it a yank. The A-pillar trim has at least one screw per side, it usually helps to remove the speaker grilles to take those out. Also don't forget to remove your sun visors and good luck.

Carson

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.