Ford Mustang Forums banner

Fuel pressure gauge hook up

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  GDDYUP2 
#1 ·
I'm trying to hook up my autometer phantom FP gauge, it's mounted on the cowl and has the straight braided line with the -an screw on flare connectors, issue is, I need to hook it into my efi line some how......is there an adapter fitting that can be purchased to screw on to the schredor valve or some type of inline connector that you guys use?? any pics, links or part numbers are appreciated. :)

#2 ·
Do you have an adjustable regulator? If so, mine has an extra port for a gauge, if yours does then i would put it there.

#8 ·
I believe that would work. The schrader valve does unscrew from the fuel line up front and then you should be able to screw the adaptor in and run your gauge line to it. Don't forget to use something to help seal it. Some say not to use teflon tape, but I've never had an issue with it. I use a very small amount, wrap it the correct way, and don't extend it past a few threads above the fitting end.

#11 ·
I was waiting for that... :)

They *should* self seal and they are made that way, but my fuel lines must have been made on a Friday during the playoffs or something. My old 90 and my new 92 both seeped a little bit after the schrader was removed and put back in no matter how snug they were in the line. Sooooo... a little tape sealer always did the trick. You had ot be very careful where you put it and how you put it on, but it always worked and never gave me any problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.